Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, B&Grr said:

use this link - I just paid mine an hour ago. if pasting the link into address bar doesn't work - try again. it worked the second time for me

https://my.uscis.gov/uscis-immigrant-fee/

Sorry, Is this the amount you need to pay after passing the interview? Do we need to pay for anything else when we're at the consulate? So I can prepare and bring some money ahead of time. If we do need to pay at the consulate, is it USD only?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Fobosdaemios said:

Sorry, Is this the amount you need to pay after passing the interview? Do we need to pay for anything else when we're at the consulate? So I can prepare and bring some money ahead of time. If we do need to pay at the consulate, is it USD only?

it's basically the green card processing fee paid online only in USD. please review the FAQ.

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Fobosdaemios said:

This is for the green card fee after the interview, you will pay online. You do not need to bring money to the interview.

2 hours ago, Flowergirl 737 said:

So looks like there is an 

immigrant fee that needs to be paid to USCIS of $220 before crossing the border.

Yup, strongly recommended to pay it before crossing the border. That being said, it can still be paid after entering the US. https://my.uscis.gov/uscis-immigrant-fee/ "You may also pay the fee after you arrive in the United States."

6 hours ago, usaBoundSud said:

June Visa stats: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyIVIssuances/JUNE 2021 - IV Issuances by Post and Visa Class.pdf

CR1 10

E2 3

E3 20

EW 2

F1 3

F2B 1

F3 51

F4 14

FX 15

IR1 37

IR2 8

IR5 84

SE 5

Other visa categories seems to have  had a bump in May

so these are the numbers from the month after no Interview Letters came out? do you guys think these numbers are from expedited/emergency cases? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

To those of you who got approved recently, how many business days did it took from the Interview Date to the reception of the Passport? Or at least the Purolator email.

I got a bit too excited, got approved last Friday, booked a U-Haul and resigned the lease for this Saturday, I need the passport asap 🤣

Thx

Timeline
On 7/21/2021 at 9:36 PM, ANL said:

I would call the border ahead of time to double check about the car. Someone just posted earlier that while they would've been allowed to go through, they weren't letting the car in without paperwork so she had to turn around and dispose of the car and get a U-Haul instead.

Crossed today and no issues. Told them I was planning on importing the car at a later date and they were good with that. The car needs a light swapped out and it couldn’t be done in Canada, so we’ll do it down here and then import. I crossed at North Portal Sask. 

Timeline
15 hours ago, Flowergirl 737 said:

You do not need to submit a new I-864 for the changes, you can let them know at the interview. For the joint sponsor who is married, you do need to have the I-864A as long as he is filing taxes joint with his wife. Here is a video that will help you.

Hey there. Could you please pm me the video as well.

Thanks!

Also has anyone tried to cross the US border recently with a USC spouse? Are they letting us in? I flew to the States last month so I have a valid B2 stamp until December. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, waterlooengineer said:

Thanks!

Also has anyone tried to cross the US border recently with a USC spouse? Are they letting us in? I flew to the States last month so I have a valid B2 stamp until December. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, waterlooengineer said:

Thanks!

I have a friend of mine who did cross with the USC spouse and they were let in by land. They have been together since they got married about 1-2 years ago never separated for periods of time. They just travelled from the USA to Canada back and forth together. I will send you the video. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
10 hours ago, kkeys said:

Where can I find the FAQ page I've read about?

See links in my signature line

1 hour ago, waterlooengineer said:

I flew to the States last month so I have a valid B2 stamp until December. 

Actually that resets every time you cross the border. A previous entry does not remain valid legal presence after you exit the US; your entry must be granted anew.

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Hawk Riders said:

See links in my signature line

Actually that resets every time you cross the border. A previous entry does not remain valid legal presence after you exit the US; your entry must be granted anew.

Interesting. Because in the past, whenever I have had B1/B2 stamped for 6 months, if I had later crossed the border, they have not stamped a new one. They just let me go through based on the previous one until its expiration. 

I am referring to land borders here only. 

31 minutes ago, waterlooengineer said:

They just let me go through based on the previous one until its expiration.

Sounds like I-94 revalidation (i.e. each entry is still at CBP's discretion).

https://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/news/2016/10/19/canadian-visitors-could-inadvertently-overstay.html "Several months later, on May 15, 2017, he returns to the U.S. as a visitor for a business trip, this time entering by land at the Peace Bridge. The officer inspecting him at the primary inspection booth outside asks him the purpose of his entry and he says he’s coming in for a week of business meetings. The officer can see in the system that there’s still an active and valid B-1 I-94 in the system from his last entry that still has more than a one-week validity period on it. The traveler is admitted on the “revalidated” I-94 from his last trip. This time he has not been admitted for the default six-month period but for much less time, i.e., only until June 1, 2017, a period of about two weeks."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.