2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, slowasmolasses said:

Long time lurker, first time poster.. 

Filed in early July 2019.

We were DQd (NVC) on June 3 2020.

Received an interview letter on February 4 2021

Initial Interview was scheduled on March 1 2021 (We could not attend this and had to cancel)

They emailed us on April 1 that we were rescheduled on May 21 for an interview. 

Anyway.. had our interview on Friday! Everything went well - he was approved on the spot. I watched and read a lot of reviews about what to expect. My husband was let in 10 mins early, there was no line at all. He said he was 1 of 2 people in there and it was over less than an hour later. Meaning he was back at our hotel in less than an hour so that included the walk back as well. Super quick and painless. Shockingly after months of anxiety. 

I drove back to the US after the interview on Friday and he is in western Canada waiting for his passport before he will fly back to the US. 

(yes we had to quarantine ahead of the doctors appointment because we were in the US and it was painful $$) 

Does anyone have experience with what to expect from the courier process? I realize it's only been a couple days and Monday was a Canadian holiday. 

For everyone else -- hang in there. Your day will come I promise! 

Congratulations to you both!

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Timeline
1 minute ago, Lovewithoutborder said:

Hi Everyone,

update for my case. Interview was April 21, I was placed in AP which lasted 29 days, my case turned to issued last Thursday (May 20) morning, then changed again to issued final processing Thursday night. I got my tracking number for my passport Friday (May 21) morning and I received my passport this morning (May 25). I will be crossing on June 3rd, one day after after my second anniversary! 

That is great news. Congrats

Timeline
1 minute ago, Lovewithoutborder said:

Hi Everyone,

update for my case. Interview was April 21, I was placed in AP which lasted 29 days, my case turned to issued last Thursday (May 20) morning, then changed again to issued final processing Thursday night. I got my tracking number for my passport Friday (May 21) morning and I received my passport this morning (May 25). I will be crossing on June 3rd, one day after after my second anniversary! 

Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, which POE are your planning to cross border?

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Timeline
4 minutes ago, ME_RHEDZ77 said:

Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, which POE are your planning to cross border?

I am planning on crossing at the Lynden WA/Aldergrove BC crossing 

Timeline
Just now, Lovewithoutborder said:

I am planning on crossing at the Lynden WA/Aldergrove BC crossing 

Thanks for your response. I believe you're from BC and assume your spouse from WA? 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Timeline
3 minutes ago, ME_RHEDZ77 said:

Thanks for your response. I believe you're from BC and assume your spouse from WA? 

I am from BC yes but my wife is from Southern California. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, ME_RHEDZ77 said:

I am from BC yes but my wife is from Southern California. 

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Lovewithoutborder said:

Hi Everyone,

This is truly great plan. When you enter you will surely get IR1 and the 10 yr PR card and less hassle instead of filing I-751 Removal of Condition if you get CR1

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Timeline

Just a quick update since some people discussed it a few posts ago - got my new Canadian Police Certificate, took 6 days. I live in Toronto and got it at Canadian Fingerprinting Services. Highly recommend and they definitely know what they’re doing with US visas, they updated me about the naming update (which exists in the FAQ)

Timeline
15 minutes ago, NimF said:

Just a quick update since some people discussed it a few posts ago - got my new Canadian Police Certificate, took 6 days. I live in Toronto and got it at Canadian Fingerprinting Services. Highly recommend and they definitely know what they’re doing with US visas, they updated me about the naming update (which exists in the FAQ)

I got mine taken again in Sault Ste. Marie Ontario on April 29th and still haven’t got mine back yet…

Timeline
12 minutes ago, State and Maine said:

I got mine taken again in Sault Ste. Marie Ontario on April 29th and still haven’t got mine back yet…

That is crazy!! A month almost?

I go in on Thursday afternoon to get mine done, I hope it doesn't take that long to get it back

Edited by Riversong

4 hours ago, slowasmolasses said:

Long time lurker, first time poster.. 

Filed in early July 2019.

We were DQd (NVC) on June 3 2020.

Received an interview letter on February 4 2021

Initial Interview was scheduled on March 1 2021 (We could not attend this and had to cancel)

They emailed us on April 1 that we were rescheduled on May 21 for an interview. 

Anyway.. had our interview on Friday! Everything went well - he was approved on the spot. I watched and read a lot of reviews about what to expect. My husband was let in 10 mins early, there was no line at all. He said he was 1 of 2 people in there and it was over less than an hour later. Meaning he was back at our hotel in less than an hour so that included the walk back as well. Super quick and painless. Shockingly after months of anxiety. 

I drove back to the US after the interview on Friday and he is in western Canada waiting for his passport before he will fly back to the US. 

(yes we had to quarantine ahead of the doctors appointment because we were in the US and it was painful $$) 

Does anyone have experience with what to expect from the courier process? I realize it's only been a couple days and Monday was a Canadian holiday. 

For everyone else -- hang in there. Your day will come I promise! 

Congrats on your husband's approval! I'm so happy for you guys :) I was DQ June 1 and had to cancel my Feb 22 interview. I emailed them last month to reschedule. Did you need to contact the consulate to reschedule or did they just send you the new interview date? Thank you in advance! 

Timeline

Hi Everyone,

So I went to go pay my $220 immigrant fee and when I entered in my IV case number it would not allow me to enter all of the numbers. It stopped me after the second last number and I was unable to enter the last digit. I thought I have seen other people on here having issues with paying this fee but I thought it was them having not enough numbers to fill in the box not too many numbers. Of course when I tried to submit it one digit short it came up with the error cannot find this A number or DOS number. Any ideas on this? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.