Jenny15

Any Successful Trip Recently to the Philippines?

65 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi All,

I'm taking a vacation in the Philippines in September for two months. Every two years, I try to go home to visit my family. Despite the pandemic, I'm still eager to get home and be with my family. Is there anyone out there who would share their experience in the recent month of June or July? Thank you! :) 

Rickie & Jenny

03/17/13 - Met online dating site
09/19/13 - Met in person
09/20/13 - Got engage wub.png

K1 Journey

10/30/13 - I-129f Sent
11/05/13 - Packet review ( priority date)
11/09/13 - NOA1 received
11/13/13 - Alien no. changed
11/20/13 - Petition Approved!!! dancin5hr.gif
11/25/13 - NOA2 (hard copy) received

12/18/2013 - Got our case number kicking.gif

12/26/2013 - Consulate received

01/02/2014 - Medical

01/06/2014 - Interview (Approved!!!)rofl.gif

1/16/2014 - Visa Issued

1/20/2014 -VISA ON HAND dancin5hr.gif

03/09/2014 - Vancouver, CA

03/18/2014 - Wedding :dance:

03/25/2014 - Got SSN (married name)

05/15/2014 - Got State ID (married name)

05/30/2014 - Sent AOS Packet

06/03/2014 - NOA1

07/03/2014 - Bio metric Sched.

2 hours ago, Jenny15 said:

Hi All,

I'm taking a vacation in the Philippines in September for two months. Every two years, I try to go home to visit my family. Despite the pandemic, I'm still eager to get home and be with my family. Is there anyone out there who would share their experience in the recent month of June or July? Thank you! :) 

I've traveled to Egypt for 2 weeks in June. It was a very nice trip. Relaxed but careful trip. Masks worked the entire plane ride to and from. But inside resort and in town of Hurghada  didn't wear masks. Relax and enjoy

10 hours ago, Jenny15 said:

Hi All,

You can try the Facebook groups Filipinos Stranded Abroad and Filipinos in the USA for recent experiences going back to the Philippines. People post reviews and photos pretty much every day in those groups about their arrival in PH airports, the quarantine hotels, testing process, and eventual return to the US.

14 hours ago, Jenny15 said:

Hi All,

A couple of us are going through the 9a visa process now so we can take a trip soon, my trip will not be until November, I will report back when I get my visa.  From what I have been told is to register for the covid testing before you take your trip so when you are at the airport you are not rushing to fill out paperwork, you can walk in with the bar code on your phone ready to be scanned.  

On 7/28/2021 at 6:40 AM, Kby175 said:

A couple of us are going through the 9a visa process now so we can take a trip soon, my trip will not be until November, I will report back when I get my visa.  From what I have been told is to register for the covid testing before you take your trip so when you are at the airport you are not rushing to fill out paperwork, you can walk in with the bar code on your phone ready to be scanned.  

Well, I can fill in the details on that.  The airlines will insist that you show a QR code from the Philippine Red Cross.  However that is for OFW's.  Non-OFWs get directed to PAD Lab on arrival and do not need to register with the Philippine Red Cross.  But.....  The airlines will not hear that.  Their check in system says ALL passengers must register with the Philippine Red Cross.  In three returns to the Philippines she had to make a dummy registration with the Philippine Red Cross every time to appease the airlines even though it is irrelevant to non-OFWs.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Timeline
On 7/30/2021 at 10:29 PM, top_secret said:

Well, I can fill in the details on that.  The airlines will insist that you show a QR code from the Philippine Red Cross.  However that is for OFW's.  Non-OFWs get directed to PAD Lab on arrival and do not need to register with the Philippine Red Cross.  But.....  The airlines will not hear that.  Their check in system says ALL passengers must register with the Philippine Red Cross.  In three returns to the Philippines she had to make a dummy registration with the Philippine Red Cross every time to appease the airlines even though it is irrelevant to non-OFWs.

At least that's another info too look on. Thank you! :) 

Rickie & Jenny

09/19/13 - Met in person

K1 Journey

10/30/13 - I-129f Sent
11/09/13 - NOA1 received

01/02/2014 - Medical

1/16/2014 - Visa Issued

06/03/2014 - NOA1

Where are you heading to? Am scheduled to fly end of August heading to NCR.  NCR will be on ECQ from August 6-20, if it extends, i might rebook to October, or whenever it is less strict.  There is a 14-day strict quarantine for ROF.  10-day required in accredited BOQ hotel and 4 days at home.  Depends on your airline - if PAL, all your paperwork are checked by PAL when you check-in (i believe).   

Here is the PAL guide - https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/ph/home/covid-19/arrivingintheph

For other airlines (which what my ticket is), well I got some info on link above.  I booked my quarantine hotel directly to the hotel.. and their airport transfer.  No family/friends can pick you up at the airport nor see you for the first 10 days...

The quarantine status may change weekly (ECQ, MECQ, GCQ-HR, GCQ, MGCQ) - yeah, took me time to understand them, but got some good info from 2 sites i follow in FB (Bureau if Immigration Philippines and IATF Covid Task Force).

Here are other links that i read for my travel.

https://houstonpcg.dfa.gov.ph/index.php/consular-services/arrival-protocols-for-travel-to-the-philippines

https://ph.usembassy.gov/category/messages-for-us-citizens/

https://quarantine.doh.gov.ph/  >> sample: >> https://quarantine.doh.gov.ph/facilities-inspected-as-of-july-5-2021/

Hope this helps!

We have my step son going on October 1, my step daughter on October 20 and my wife and I on November 6.  We all return together on December 1.  We have no idea if any of this will work but we are booked anyway.  My wife and step kids are traveling on their Philippine passport and I am traveling with my wife so I should not need a visa (at this time).  No guts no glory!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Is it possible to fly directly into Cebu?  There are still some international flights direct.  I'm wondering if those will get rerouted to MNL?

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

1 hour ago, NeonParticles said:

Is it possible to fly directly into Cebu?  There are still some international flights direct.  I'm wondering if those will get rerouted to MNL?

I believe so.  Gov. Gwen is protective of her turf! :)  

https://mactancebuairport.com/covid-19-public-advisory?international

Timeline

I'm supposedly flying out from SFO-MNL then MNL-GES... But currently, they reroute all MNL arrivals to Cebu, and even MNL-GES they cancel it. 

Rickie & Jenny

09/19/13 - Met in person

K1 Journey

10/30/13 - I-129f Sent
11/09/13 - NOA1 received

01/02/2014 - Medical

1/16/2014 - Visa Issued

06/03/2014 - NOA1

3 hours ago, Jenny15 said:

I'm supposedly flying out from SFO-MNL then MNL-GES... But currently, they reroute all MNL arrivals to Cebu, and even MNL-GES they cancel it. 

That seems to be a better route (Cebu instead of Manila).  A lot of domestic cancellations though this August due to the ECQ from some areas.  Seems to be a shorter/better quarantine process in Cebu.

Here is the link for IATF Resolutions - https://iatf.doh.gov.ph/?page_id=77

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.