Jenny15

Any Successful Trip Recently to the Philippines?

65 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 8/29/2021 at 7:21 PM, ginarcm said:

I held up replying until am in Philippines!  Successful?! YES!  Am here now, Day 2 of 10 in UP Technohub Quarantine Hotel.

Processing in the airport was a breeze if you have prepared for it.  Less than an hour, and you will be outta there.

First off, my flight was via United Airlines.  If you fly PAL, they have assistance for all processing.  So, mine is DIY.

My flight was delayed a day, so had to go back to my docs to updated arrival date.

I have all my docs printed, instead of on my phone so that it is easy to pull and provide.  Am a Balikbayan (not a dual).

0.) In airpline, they gave you 3 forms - arrival card, customs declaration, health form.  Btw, you are required face mask and face shield for flight to Manila - well, all the way to everywhere in Philippines I suppose.

1.)  First stop - BOQ One Health Pass QR Code - make sure you have it.  Once it okays, proceed.

2.) RT-PCR test appointment table - they give you Padlab form - Since I pre-paid my RT-PCR thru Red Cross, they took the form back and just verified payment for RedCross then proceed to next stop.

3.) DOT table - they verify your hotel booking and transpo to hotel.  Again, have this printed and presented.  They verified and gave me a half sheet release paper.

4.)  Immigration - US Passport, Expired Philippine passport, and Name Change document - yes my name are completely different, so everytime I board airline flight, the agent have to reverify as United app does not allow upload of not matching names.  Short and sweet - one year.  They took the arrival card.

5) Baggage Claim - I forgot this is Philippines!  Am glad, I kept the bag tag in easy access place.  Since my flight was delayed/rebooked, i got plenty tags.  But luckily, gave them the matching, latest ones.

6.) Porter - yes, got a porter - it helps!  Tipped him.  He took my half sheet and push my cart, while I called my car service (Avis, prebooked by hotel).  It took a while to arrive, so it was a nice chat with the porter.

7.) Car service arrived -and he signed off on the half sheet - the military person took the half sheet to complete my release.

8.) Great chat with my driver... all the way to Quezon City.. Since it is MECQ, no traffic at all!

9.) Arrival in Microtel UP Technohub - they had me wash my hands, they sprayed my luggage.   Checked me in all to my room.  They did not even give me a key to the room.. So, i really cannot go out.  They leave my food on a chair outside the room.

10.) Emailed Red Cross that I have arrived so that they can schedule my swab test.  They emailed back that my test will be on Sept 4, the 7th day and that they will call me when they're on the way.  

Am on my day 2, so far so good!  I had a good breakfast!  I have a Cable TV, and a good internet... so I guess, am all set for now!  Am expecting to be released on September 7.

Just sharing.... :) 

Btw, the customs form and the health form that i filled up in flight, they did not take it nor asked for it... so i guess, they did not see any alarming in my luggage.  Also, One Stop form - i saw vlogs that this was needed, even the Traze app.  Both these was never asked.

Thank you for the info!!!! Really appreciate it! 

After your 10 days, do you have other  place to go? I mean your province... If so, did you coordinate with your barangay to pick you up to continue your 4 days home quarantine?

Rickie & Jenny

03/17/13 - Met online dating site
09/19/13 - Met in person
09/20/13 - Got engage wub.png

K1 Journey

10/30/13 - I-129f Sent
11/05/13 - Packet review ( priority date)
11/09/13 - NOA1 received
11/13/13 - Alien no. changed
11/20/13 - Petition Approved!!! dancin5hr.gif
11/25/13 - NOA2 (hard copy) received

12/18/2013 - Got our case number kicking.gif

12/26/2013 - Consulate received

01/02/2014 - Medical

01/06/2014 - Interview (Approved!!!)rofl.gif

1/16/2014 - Visa Issued

1/20/2014 -VISA ON HAND dancin5hr.gif

03/09/2014 - Vancouver, CA

03/18/2014 - Wedding :dance:

03/25/2014 - Got SSN (married name)

05/15/2014 - Got State ID (married name)

05/30/2014 - Sent AOS Packet

06/03/2014 - NOA1

07/03/2014 - Bio metric Sched.

58 minutes ago, Jenny15 said:

Thank you for the info!!!! Really appreciate it! 

After your 10 days, do you have other  place to go? I mean your province... If so, did you coordinate with your barangay to pick you up to continue your 4 days home quarantine?

I stayed in NCR, but same process. anyone can pick me up or i can get my own transpo.  The only advise is to report to my next destination for logging.   While still completing my 10 days, my brother took my BOQ Certificate to Barangay and they issued a Letter of Acceptance.  Am still completing my last 4 days at home - they just instructed that if I get sick to contact local health.  (more so for logging, and if you need assistance).  

If you are traveling by car to your next destination and it is not the city you are doing your quarantine, it is best to print your BOQ Cert and LGU acceptance in hotel - this is so that when stopped at checkpoint, you can present them as you are considered APOR.  Check also your province - example in Baguio - tourists are not allowed (until next week i believe), they do really have checkpoints and procedures in place and sometimes requires antigen for entry.  So possible that our BOQ Cert is the key so no more further testing.

The CQ status also plays a part.  It was supposed to be GCQ with granular lockdown here in NCR but that got delayed, and we are still on MECQ.  Interzonal travel between MECQ to GCQ will have checkpoints.  Our reservations to provinces we would like to visit next week has been cancelled (Cavite, Batangas) due to CQ status.  They are either closed business or only accepting local travels.  Now, we are looking somewhere going North.

It changes time to time - you just have to keep an eye and an ear to it, to easily catch up.  Always check with your destination - they can tell you what you need to undergo if there is any.

If you are traveling by plane to your destination, same thing.. check with airline and final destination for any requirement (a person in quarantine I spoke with is still flying to Mindanao after).

Hope this helps!

Timeline
1 hour ago, ginarcm said:

I stayed in NCR, but same process. anyone can pick me up or i can get my own transpo.  The only advise is to report to my next destination for logging.   While still completing my 10 days, my brother took my BOQ Certificate to Barangay and they issued a Letter of Acceptance.  Am still completing my last 4 days at home - they just instructed that if I get sick to contact local health.  (more so for logging, and if you need assistance).  

If you are traveling by car to your next destination and it is not the city you are doing your quarantine, it is best to print your BOQ Cert and LGU acceptance in hotel - this is so that when stopped at checkpoint, you can present them as you are considered APOR.  Check also your province - example in Baguio - tourists are not allowed (until next week i believe), they do really have checkpoints and procedures in place and sometimes requires antigen for entry.  So possible that our BOQ Cert is the key so no more further testing.

The CQ status also plays a part.  It was supposed to be GCQ with granular lockdown here in NCR but that got delayed, and we are still on MECQ.  Interzonal travel between MECQ to GCQ will have checkpoints.  Our reservations to provinces we would like to visit next week has been cancelled (Cavite, Batangas) due to CQ status.  They are either closed business or only accepting local travels.  Now, we are looking somewhere going North.

It changes time to time - you just have to keep an eye and an ear to it, to easily catch up.  Always check with your destination - they can tell you what you need to undergo if there is any.

If you are traveling by plane to your destination, same thing.. check with airline and final destination for any requirement (a person in quarantine I spoke with is still flying to Mindanao after).

Hope this helps!

This helps a lot! I will be traveling to Mindana, General Santos to be exact. That’s why I’m curious what steps needed to do. Thank you so much! 😊

Rickie & Jenny

09/19/13 - Met in person

K1 Journey

10/30/13 - I-129f Sent
11/09/13 - NOA1 received

01/02/2014 - Medical

1/16/2014 - Visa Issued

06/03/2014 - NOA1

On 8/29/2021 at 3:21 PM, ginarcm said:

Arrival in Microtel UP Technohub - they had me wash my hands, they sprayed my luggage.   Checked me in all to my room.  They did not even give me a key to the room.. So, i really cannot go out.  They leave my food on a chair outside the room

How did you like it? I will be arriving in Manila in just over a month and still need to book my quarantine hotel. What was their rate?

@ginarcm Thank you for all of the great info!

How did you make your reservation? I sent them an email last night, just waiting for a response.

1 hour ago, RO_AH said:

@ginarcm Thank you for all of the great info!

How did you make your reservation? I sent them an email last night, just waiting for a response.

Via email..  uptechnohub.reservations@microtel.ph.  They reply really good mostly during Philippine work hours, so maybe today you will get reply.

Timeline
On 9/8/2021 at 8:28 PM, ginarcm said:

2K for the Avis car service, the hotel booked it and i pay through hotel

Was the 2k for car is just one way? 

Rickie & Jenny

09/19/13 - Met in person

K1 Journey

10/30/13 - I-129f Sent
11/09/13 - NOA1 received

01/02/2014 - Medical

1/16/2014 - Visa Issued

06/03/2014 - NOA1

35 minutes ago, Jenny15 said:

Was the 2k for car is just one way? 

Yes.  When you checkout of QHotel, you are on your own.

There are also taxis that you can get in airport to hotel, might be cheaper.  My arrival was at night, and I was thinking Ill be at airport for a long time, so wanted to get a sure car service.

17 minutes ago, ginarcm said:

Yes.  When you checkout of QHotel, you are on your own.

There are also taxis that you can get in airport to hotel, might be cheaper.  My arrival was at night, and I was thinking Ill be at airport for a long time, so wanted to get a sure car service.

My wife took a white airport coupon taxis which was like P700 something from NAIA to Quezon City near Cubao.  They had yellow airport Meter taxies too but I personally encountered a few batingting meters in those and concur that in the current environment probably best pay a little extra for a coupon taxi.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Finally I made it to the Philippines! 

Based on my experience my stress and anxiousness are waste. Lol. Everything was totally smooth. From SFO - MNL. 

I prepared the following:

1. Booked hotel 10days/9 night ( Red Planet Manila Bay)

2. Pre-RT PCR paid ( Detoxicare)

3. Registered One Health Pass (OHP) qr code (2-3 days before flight)

4. US & Philippine passport 

Note:  

1. You don’t have to get to tested for Covid from US. They don’t even cared your vaccination card. Lol. 

2. You can get metered taxi as well. More cheaper based on my experience. 
3. Registered to Traze app ( but most of us didn’t asked for it)
4. Face shield is optional during flight but required upon arriving at MNL airport. 
5. News are exaggerated but better be careful. 
7. Final 4 days actually optional. It’s just for formality.

8. Don’t stress too much all process from airport to Philippines are smooth. 
9. You don’t have to print out everything, save files or take screenshots on your phone is fine.  (I didn’t print out mine)
10. They always ask for your One Health Pass (OHP) qr code so be ready.

Safe travels!

Rickie & Jenny

09/19/13 - Met in person

K1 Journey

10/30/13 - I-129f Sent
11/09/13 - NOA1 received

01/02/2014 - Medical

1/16/2014 - Visa Issued

06/03/2014 - NOA1

48 minutes ago, Jenny15 said:

Finally I made it to the Philippines! 

Based on my experience my stress and anxiousness are waste. Lol. Everything was totally smooth. From SFO - MNL. 

I prepared the following:

1. Booked hotel 10days/9 night ( Red Planet Manila Bay)

2. Pre-RT PCR paid ( Detoxicare)

3. Registered One Health Pass (OHP) qr code (2-3 days before flight)

4. US & Philippine passport 

Note:  

1. You don’t have to get to tested for Covid from US. They don’t even cared your vaccination card. Lol. 

2. You can get metered taxi as well. More cheaper based on my experience. 
3. Registered to Traze app ( but most of us didn’t asked for it)
4. Face shield is optional during flight but required upon arriving at MNL airport. 
5. News are exaggerated but better be careful. 
7. Final 4 days actually optional. It’s just for formality.

8. Don’t stress too much all process from airport to Philippines are smooth. 
9. You don’t have to print out everything, save files or take screenshots on your phone is fine.  (I didn’t print out mine)
10. They always ask for your One Health Pass (OHP) qr code so be ready.

Safe travels!

I just got back yesterday, so no stress in leaving too!  Of course, you need negative covid test before boarding plane, (US requirement).  I brought my emed online antigen, so all good!  Enjoy!!

Timeline

If you're a US Citizen who's banned from entering the Philippines like I am, why put yourself through a quarantine and all that red tape?  After having my flight cancelled 4 times and paying multiple times to re-book it, I gave up on visiting the Philippines altogether, I concluded the country is not going to reopen to US Travel without restrictions for another year or more. 

Solution; Meet in another country with no quarantine, I'm meeting my Fiance in the Maldives next week, a country that is far more deserving of my hard earned money than the Philippines is.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.