Jenny15

Any Successful Trip Recently to the Philippines?

65 posts in this topic

I have a neighbor who went home to Sri Lanka around April, I think.  He was struggling to get back because of the quarantines.  He had to quarantine on arrival in Sri Lanka.  He got fully vaccinated in Sri Lanka.  He finally bit the bullet and bought an expensive ticket home via Tokyo, so he could be here for his daughter's 7th birthday.  He had to do a 5 day quarantine in Tokyo that was paid for by Japan or the airline.  Not sure.  Then he had to quarantine 10 days in Manila at p5500 a night, including food that he did not eat because it was bad.  He was able to order delivery food.  Then I guess 4 more Q days at home.

He told me yesterday that he has spent 27 days in quarantine! 

Spouse

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

Stepdaughter

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Dec. 9th, 2020: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

18 hours ago, ginarcm said:

I held up replying until am in Philippines!  Successful?! YES!  Am here now, Day 2 of 10 in UP Technohub Quarantine Hotel.

Processing in the airport was a breeze if you have prepared for it.  Less than an hour, and you will be outta there.

First off, my flight was via United Airlines.  If you fly PAL, they have assistance for all processing.  So, mine is DIY.

Thank you for the update and congrats! I will be curious for the next update when your quarantine is complete how the hotel well release you if they will bring a form to the hotel or if they will notify you can leave.  As well as the covid test we are supposed to get at some point. 

I am planning on flying to Cebu the day after I am released from quarantine, hopefully I get my release on day 10.

Looking forward to your next update.  :) 

5 minutes ago, Kby175 said:

Thank you for the update and congrats! I will be curious for the next update when your quarantine is complete how the hotel well release you if they will bring a form to the hotel or if they will notify you can leave.  As well as the covid test we are supposed to get at some point. 

I am planning on flying to Cebu the day after I am released from quarantine, hopefully I get my release on day 10.

Looking forward to your next update.  :) 

My expectation is as follows:  

Swab test on Sept 4. Test result emailed to me Sept 5 or early Sept 6.  I email BOQ (boq.qc1@gmail.com; helpdeskboq@gmail.com) requesting for BOQ certificate, where you send the test result.  They reply back with your certificate.  You then email this BOQ document to your LGU coz you will need to finish your 14-day quarantine at home.. they notify you for your acceptance.  You then present the BOQ cert, LGU acceptance to hotel for release.  While in Quarantine, find the contact already for your LGU, so that the acceptance form will be quick.

Here is info to send to BOQ:

Complete Name: 
Complete Address: 
Current Hotel: 
Room Number: 
Country of Origin: 
Date of Arrival to Philippines: 
Number of Quarantine Days: 

Attach screenshot of negative result

Edited by ginarcm

1 minute ago, ginarcm said:

Swab test on Sept 4. Test result emailed to me Sept 5 or early Sept 6.  I email BOQ (boq.qc1@gmail.com; helpdeskboq@gmail.com) requesting for BOQ certificate, where you send the test result.  They reply back with your certificate.  You then email this released document to your LGU coz you will need to finish your 14-day quarantine at home.. they notify you for your acceptance.  You then present the BOQ cert, LGU acceptance to hotel for release.  While in Quarantine, find the contact already for your LGU, so that the acceptance form will be quick.

Ugh....I have to figure out what my LGU is in Bacolod I have no idea....so confusing.

1 minute ago, Kby175 said:

Ugh....I have to figure out what my LGU is in Bacolod I have no idea....so confusing.

Check with your family there? Who is the Barangay Health contact.  My brother is the one getting in touch with my LGU, coz i have no clue either.

1 minute ago, ginarcm said:

Check with your family there? Who is the Barangay Health contact.  My brother is the one getting in touch with my LGU, coz i have no clue either.

My wife's uncle is the Brgy captain he should know who we need to contact there in Bago city.  Thx if not for this forum I would be stuck in the hotel a month. lol

56 minutes ago, ginarcm said:

Swab test on Sept 4. Test result emailed to me Sept 5 or early Sept 6.  I email BOQ (boq.qc1@gmail.com; helpdeskboq@gmail.com) requesting for BOQ certificate, where you send the test result.  They reply back with your certificate.  You then email this BOQ document to your LGU coz you will need to finish your 14-day quarantine at home.. they notify you for your acceptance.  You then present the BOQ cert, LGU acceptance to hotel for release.  While in Quarantine, find the contact already for your LGU, so that the acceptance form will be quick.

Here is info to send to BOQ:

Complete Name: 
Complete Address: 
Current Hotel: 
Room Number: 
Country of Origin: 
Date of Arrival to Philippines: 
Number of Quarantine Days: 

Attach screenshot of negative result

Processes can change over time and what you list could be the process you encounter.  However, when I was in quarantine, as soon as I received my test results back, I forwarded this to the hotel reception.  They gave an email address at check-in.  I then called the front desk and told them I was coming downstairs to get a print-out of my test results.  At that point the hotel was done with me, meaning they no longer cared what I did.  I was free to stay a few days longer, come and go as I wanted, travel to my next destination, etc etc.  I would be surprised the hotel would even get involved in your next destination requirements.  One its too confusing for them as each LGU is different and two, they dont care.  Can you imagine having 400 travelers who are going to 287 different LGUs around the country and having to coordinate that? :)  Actually, the more I think about it, it would be something crazy like that which is implemented, but my general feeling was you handled the next requirements with your LGU directly.  The hotel only cared about having a copy of the negative test.  Also, just as a note, I was staying in Manila and the barangay where my condo was at, nobody even cared that I was coming back.  Nobody checked if I was doing quarantine.  Ive had several other travelers tell me the same thing.  

Also, I was told to download the Trace app before arrival into the PI but nobody ever asked for that and I never used it anywhere.  I eventually just deleted it. 

Let us know how it goes once you have your negative test and are checking out of the hotel.  The process continues to always change.  The airport process was well run, but allowing LGUs to make their own decisions has always created chaos.

Edited by flicks1998

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

14 minutes ago, flicks1998 said:

Processes can change over time and what you list could be the process you encounter.  However, when I was in quarantine, as soon as I received my test results back, I forwarded this to the hotel reception.  They gave an email address at check-in.  I then called the front desk and told them I was coming downstairs to get a print-out of my test results.  At that point the hotel was done with me, meaning they no longer cared what I did.  I was free to stay a few days longer, come and go as I wanted, travel to my next destination, etc etc.  I would be surprised the hotel would even get involved in your next destination requirements.  One its too confusing for them as each LGU is different and two, they dont care.  Can you imagine having 400 travelers who are going to 287 different LGUs around the country and having to coordinate that? :)  Actually, the more I think about it, it would be something crazy like that which is implemented, but my general feeling was you handled the next requirements with your LGU directly.  The hotel only cared about having a copy of the negative test. 

Also, I was told to download the Trace app before arrival into the PI but nobody ever asked for that and I never used it anywhere.  I eventually just deleted it. 

Let us know how it goes once you have your negative test and are checking out of the hotel.  The process continues to always change. 

Here is where I got the info:

https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/ph/home/covid-19/ArrivingInThePH/ManilaArrivalGuideForNon-OFWs, #19 at bottom.

i wanted to get the BOQ certificate so i have something to present during my travels to places.. since it is MECQ here in NCR, at least up to Sept 7.  Am hoping for GCQ from the 8th until I leave.

Once I get my test result, I'll get in touch with front desk for process.  Will share by then.

While there was mention that there would be LGU involvement, none of the times my wife arrived did they become involved in any way.  it was always e-mail comes, free to go.  No process to follow-up  or notify the LGU in any way that she could detect.  Though she was traveling home by private car.  If someone has to make a flight to some province I suppose the rules could vary substantially and randomly.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Would be curious how it works when you are traveling back to Manila so you can leave the country later on how it would work.  I have been trying to research this a bit but so far finding a bunch of dated information.  

4 hours ago, Kby175 said:

Would be curious how it works when you are traveling back to Manila so you can leave the country later on how it would work.  I have been trying to research this a bit but so far finding a bunch of dated information.  

It will constantly change, thats the problem.

The process will likely be different whether you go by private car, by van/bus, or by plane.  Each one of those will be different.  For accommodation in Manila, you need to reach out to the hotels before booking and ask them their requirements.  Most will allow you to stay for a night or two if you are in Manila to get a flight out of the country.  The best way I found for this was to go to Agoda, find a hotel that does not require you to pay immediately but closer to the check in date, and then write the hotel through Agoda and you'll get a response on their particular requirements.  Its best to write through Agoda as if you write a separate email to the hotel, an Agoda representative may reach out to you to ask if you understand the requirements of the hotel.  

As mentioned requirements will change based on mode of transportation, but also if Manila is in ECQ, MECQ, GCQ, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.  I know public buses and some van services required a PCR test, but that wasnt necessarily a Manila requirement but was required by the transportation companies.  For flights, follow the rules by CEB or PAL.

Its a mess and honestly youll never have a clear idea because once you do, it will change again and again and again.

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Do you have to have a covid test before arriving in the country or is it just the one you get when you arrive?

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

1 hour ago, NeonParticles said:

Do you have to have a covid test before arriving in the country or is it just the one you get when you arrive?

From the US, you do not need to take a COVID test before arriving.  This will be done after arrival.  However from some other countries, a Covid test needs to be taken before arriving to the PI:

• Who needs to test?
- Filipino nationals returning from Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and the UAE are required to present a negative RT-PCR test taken within 48 hours before boarding.
- All arriving passengers will be subject to mandatory COVID-19 testing upon arrival.

34 minutes ago, flicks1998 said:

From the US, you do not need to take a COVID test before arriving.  This will be done after arrival.  However from some other countries, a Covid test needs to be taken before arriving to the PI:

• Who needs to test?
- Filipino nationals returning from Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and the UAE are required to present a negative RT-PCR test taken within 48 hours before boarding.
- All arriving passengers will be subject to mandatory COVID-19 testing upon arrival.

Thank you for clarification!

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.