Jenny15

Any Successful Trip Recently to the Philippines?

65 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, nykolos said:

If you're a US Citizen who's banned from entering the Philippines like I am, why put yourself through a quarantine and all that red tape?  After having my flight cancelled 4 times and paying multiple times to re-book it, I gave up on visiting the Philippines altogether, I concluded the country is not going to reopen to US Travel without restrictions for another year or more. 

Solution; Meet in another country with no quarantine, I'm meeting my Fiance in the Maldives next week, a country that is far more deserving of my hard earned money than the Philippines is.

Please post on her experience through immigration when she leaves. It may help a lot of others who are considering the same thing. 

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

Please post on her experience through immigration when she leaves. It may help a lot of others who are considering the same thing. 

Theirs a lot of required documentation on her part that's for sure, fortunately she's traveled to Dubai once before and she's very organized, however, there is always that one chance things don't go right, and considering my flight departs before hers does, I won't know if she made it through immigration until I arrive in Dubai,  The plan is for us to meet in Dubai and take a connecting flight to the Maldives. 

8 hours ago, nykolos said:

If you're a US Citizen who's banned from entering the Philippines like I am, why put yourself through a quarantine and all that red tape?  After having my flight cancelled 4 times and paying multiple times to re-book it, I gave up on visiting the Philippines altogether, I concluded the country is not going to reopen to US Travel without restrictions for another year or more. 

Solution; Meet in another country with no quarantine, I'm meeting my Fiance in the Maldives next week, a country that is far more deserving of my hard earned money than the Philippines is.

Some people need to visit others in the Philippines who aren't their fiances. As you know, extended family matters a lot. Others need to take of business or property and can't do it online or through representatives. 

Good luck to your fiance - hopefully she doesn't have issues with exit immigration.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 hours ago, nykolos said:

Well, before you fly out you should know and check the travel restrictions goin to the Philippines. We don’t come home to our motherland, risk and pay everything out of pocket just for pleasure. We come home bcoz of our family before it’s too late. 

Have fun on your trip! 😉

Rickie & Jenny

03/17/13 - Met online dating site
09/19/13 - Met in person
09/20/13 - Got engage wub.png

K1 Journey

10/30/13 - I-129f Sent
11/05/13 - Packet review ( priority date)
11/09/13 - NOA1 received
11/13/13 - Alien no. changed
11/20/13 - Petition Approved!!! dancin5hr.gif
11/25/13 - NOA2 (hard copy) received

12/18/2013 - Got our case number kicking.gif

12/26/2013 - Consulate received

01/02/2014 - Medical

01/06/2014 - Interview (Approved!!!)rofl.gif

1/16/2014 - Visa Issued

1/20/2014 -VISA ON HAND dancin5hr.gif

03/09/2014 - Vancouver, CA

03/18/2014 - Wedding :dance:

03/25/2014 - Got SSN (married name)

05/15/2014 - Got State ID (married name)

05/30/2014 - Sent AOS Packet

06/03/2014 - NOA1

07/03/2014 - Bio metric Sched.

20 hours ago, nykolos said:

Just know too, that when she returns to Philippines, she will need to Quarantine in a controlled hotel just like any returning Filipinos.  7/10/14 days.  I think Maldives is not in green, so 10 days.  If her trip is short in Maldives, she may be asked of the reservation already.  I spent about $750 for the 10-day hotel, car service airport to hotel, RT-PCR test.  Plus a lot of prayers that my result is Negative 🙂

Edited by hunny&me

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.