Sarge2155

June 2021 - AOS Filers

280 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline
On 10/13/2021 at 4:50 PM, FayeAlexandra said:

I think its very unpredictable (as per the entire USCIS system) some people have waited 10 weeks post biometric and others have waited 7 months. To be honest I haven't seen many that took 9 months, but it does happen. I had my biometrics a few days earlier than you and had an RFE the following week for a clearer copy of my birth certificate. Does it say USCIS is actively reviewing your case on your login page on the website? My lawyer advised 6 months but to not make plans on that deadline. Write to a senator/ congresswomen if you are getting anxious.

Thank you for the reply, I really appreciate it. I plan to wait another week and if there is no update gonna write to senator/congresswomen as it was advised to me on some other occasions (I guess it works :D or rather hope). There was not RFE for me so far and I hope they start moving forward with cases. I do not know where to locate information about if USCIS is actively reviewing, but I found these words under my I-485 case history ''Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.'' is this what you mean?

Thx!

On 10/15/2021 at 2:45 PM, Baldi said:

Thank you for the reply, I really appreciate it. I plan to wait another week and if there is no update gonna write to senator/congresswomen as it was advised to me on some other occasions (I guess it works :D or rather hope). There was not RFE for me so far and I hope they start moving forward with cases. I do not know where to locate information about if USCIS is actively reviewing, but I found these words under my I-485 case history ''Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.'' is this what you mean?

Thx!

Yes under case history or case status. FYI my husband wrote to senator and congressman. Keep you posted if it helps!

47 minutes ago, ays52 said:

Has anyone who has the Chicago FO received their interview notice yet?

The timelines for Chicago appear to be about 17 months for family based adjustment of status (working on May 8th 2020 now) and around 10 months for employment adjustment of status (working on Dec 15, 2020).  If you filed in June 2021 for AOS, its going to be awhile longer.

Edited by flicks1998

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
36 minutes ago, flicks1998 said:

The timelines for Chicago appear to be about 17 months for family based adjustment of status (working on May 8th 2020 now) and around 10 months for employment adjustment of status (working on Dec 15, 2020).  If you filed in June 2021 for AOS, its going to be awhile longer.

@flicks1998 where did you read that? That's insane!

11 hours ago, ays52 said:

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

All the processing times can be found here based on type of form and service office.  

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Timeline
30 minutes ago, flicks1998 said:

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

All the processing times can be found here based on type of form and service office.  

@flicks1998 thank you!

15 hours ago, ays52 said:

I have stopped looking at USCIS processing times as a guide because they are wildly inaccurate. I have a friend in FL where they got an interview within 10 weeks and others have waited nearly 2 years. We have an immigration lawyer handling our case in Chicago and he said EAD and AP he has never seen take longer than 7 months currently. But GC interviews are taking over a year. At least you'll be able to work and travel while you wait for GC. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, FayeAlexandra said:

I have stopped looking at USCIS processing times as a guide because they are wildly inaccurate. I have a friend in FL where they got an interview within 10 weeks and others have waited nearly 2 years. We have an immigration lawyer handling our case in Chicago and he said EAD and AP he has never seen take longer than 7 months currently. But GC interviews are taking over a year. At least you'll be able to work and travel while you wait for GC. 

@FayeAlexandra There's really no timeline. Someone else in one of my groups said that her friend who's on a K1 filed in April 2021, and  received her interview in August 2021 in Chicago!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Folks from may 2021 aos filers group are already having their interviews and some are being scheduled, hopefully we all won’t wait so much to be scheduled for interviews 

Edited by Treasure1

Timeline
On 10/22/2021 at 1:37 PM, Treasure1 said:

Folks from may 2021 aos filers group are already having their interviews and some are being scheduled, hopefully we all won’t wait so much to be scheduled for interviews 

@Treasure1 I hope not! I'm getting impatient! 😓

• 2 weeks later...

It feels like we've reached the final hurdle - case status changed to "Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" last week.

Is there any inside info on how we can predict how long this will take, or is it just a waiting game? Looking at recent couples in Dallas, it appears to be taking 1-2 months but I'm reluctant to get my hopes up! 

47 minutes ago, Roos92 said:

It feels like we've reached the final hurdle - case status changed to "Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" last week.

Is there any inside info on how we can predict how long this will take, or is it just a waiting game? Looking at recent couples in Dallas, it appears to be taking 1-2 months but I'm reluctant to get my hopes up! 

Depends on your field office. When you get this status update, you're place in line for interview scheduling. The time you wait in the queue depends on how many people were placed ahead of you and how fast your field office is. I only spent 8 days on "Ready to be scheduled" but that's because my field office is quick.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

Had my interview today, it was pretty quick and easy. An hour later, my case status changed to “New card being produced”

Questions during the interview:

1. How did you meet

2. When did you meet

3. What is your husband’s name

4. When is your husband’s birthday 

5. When did you get married

Just basic questions, although I was ready and brought a lot more evidences, the officer did not ask any of them.  

49 minutes ago, Tivat said:

Had my interview today, it was pretty quick and easy. An hour later, my case status changed to “New card being produced”

Questions during the interview:

1. How did you meet

2. When did you meet

3. What is your husband’s name

4. When is your husband’s birthday 

5. When did you get married

Just basic questions, although I was ready and brought a lot more evidences, the officer did not ask any of them.  

Thanks for sharing. Congratulations! Sounds straightforward which is reassuring for us all. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.