39 posts in this topic

My green card was mailed out on April 15 and I still haven't received it. I approached USPS and created multiple service requests reached out to the post office but they have no clue where the card is as it was never delivered. Any one have any idea what my next steps should be? I really appreciate any help. Thank you in advance.

USPS has one job and they can't do it properly... They deserve an award!!!!! And nobody over there is ever held accountable for the poor service provided.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

You need to contact USCIS and try to explain situation  to tier 2 officer. They will resend your GC by mail. 

Here is the link. https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDCForm.do?entryPoint=init

Edited by Alienbiteme

1 hour ago, payxibka said:

Did you relocate during the process?

Never relocated. The tracking says that it went to another city. That is the last scan. The post master over there insists that it was returned to the processing plant but there is no documentation of that.

Also, it appeared on informed delivery at our residential address but that has also been taken off.

@Nitas_man - So sorry that you had to go through the same thing. How long before did you get your travel document? When I spoke to a tier 1, they informed me that the post office must report it is as lost. The post office refuses to do so. Only then I can file a Form I-90. And the processing time for I-90 is like a year. 

Edited by Josh9494
Did not tag

58 minutes ago, Alienbiteme said:

You need to contact USCIS and try to explain situation  to tier 2 officer. They will resend your GC by mail. 

Here is the link. https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDCForm.do?entryPoint=init

@Alienbiteme - So I don't have to file a Form I-90. The card was never delivered to me.. So just use the link?

Edited by Josh9494
Edit

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Josh9494 said:

@Alienbiteme - So I don't have to file a Form I-90. The card was never delivered to me.. So just use the link?

You need to read information in that link carefully.

"NOTE: Do not submit a request if you have just recently been approved, allow approximately 90 days to receive your new card. You can check the status of your case using the My Case Status Tool. If Case Status Online indicates that the card was mailed, you should be provided with a United States Postal Service tracking number".

Call USCIS on Monday and talk to tier 2 officer, they will tell you what to do the next. Then follow the instruction in that link. Don't try to do anything else before you gather enough information from USCIS. Misleading information from the others  can cause more problem. 

Edited by Alienbiteme

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Josh9494 said:

@Nitas_man - So sorry that you had to go through the same thing. How long before did you get your travel document? When I spoke to a tier 1, they informed me that the post office must report it is as lost. The post office refuses to do so. Only then I can file a Form I-90. And the processing time for I-90 is like a year. 

4 weeks after the Ombusdman had the fingerprint step skipped for us.  How ridiculous is that?  Added insult to injury right there.

I-90 does take awhile however at the end of the day my money’s on that’s what you’ll

probably end up doing.  Post office?  Not their problem, nobody’s going to make them do anything for you.  You can try Tier II, good luck.  

Tough break for you guys.  Hope things work out.

Edited by Nitas_man

You know, I don't recall hearing of USPS ever losing a credit card bill or anything like that in like the last 30 years but I could easily dig up dozens of instances of them loosing Green Cards or Citizenship Certificate or all manner of stuff like that.  It strikes me as amazing that they have such high loss rates in such specific categories.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.