23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello,

Couple questions. We finally got our interview date! Excited after almost 1 full year.

i’ve seen some general questions that they ask... but, does the spouse go into the interview with petitioner? Can we bring our child in? 
Also, is an interpreter really needed?

thank you,

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
9 minutes ago, seck101 said:

Hello,

Couple questions. We finally got our interview date! Excited after almost 1 full year.

i’ve seen some general questions that they ask... but, does the spouse go into the interview with petitioner? Can we bring our child in? 
Also, is an interpreter really needed?

thank you,

The interview is for the visa applicant.  No need to take the child in unless they are also applying for a visa.  Usually, the US Citizen is not allowed in the area where interviews take place, but that varies by Consulate.  Don't know about Ankara.  You do not need an interpreter if you speak the local language.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
1 minute ago, pushbrk said:

The interview is for the visa applicant.  No need to take the child in unless they are also applying for a visa.  Usually, the US Citizen is not allowed in the area where interviews take place, but that varies by Consulate.  Don't know about Ankara.  You do not need an interpreter if you speak the local language.

Should of possibly clearified... we are in the states... 

Timeline
Just now, seck101 said:

Well, yes.  And you've posted in a visa forum when NOT involved in seeking a visa.  What is the purpose of the interview?  What immigration benefit do you seek?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 minutes ago, seck101 said:

What is the interview for?  Did you submit the i751?  

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
1 hour ago, seck101 said:

I-751 process complete. We got an interview date for green card.

Sounds like the interview is for adjusting status.  In that case, yes, the US Citizen MUST attend.  If the child is adjusting status, the child attends.  Otherwise, no.  If YOU do not speak English well, there should be an interpreter you provide.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think you are confused.   The I 751 cannot be complete if you are just interviewing for a greencard.

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the CR-1 Process forum to the Removing Conditions forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
11 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Sounds like the interview is for adjusting status.  In that case, yes, the US Citizen MUST attend.  If the child is adjusting status, the child attends.  Otherwise, no.  If YOU do not speak English well, there should be an interpreter you provide.

Well, I (the spouse) can speak fluent English. is the interview in the same room? My wife’s English isn’t that great. Just wondering how they interview so we know in advance. The child will attend as well 

Timeline
40 minutes ago, seck101 said:

Well, I (the spouse) can speak fluent English. is the interview in the same room? My wife’s English isn’t that great. Just wondering how they interview so we know in advance. The child will attend as well 

Best you not be the interpreter for your wife.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Look at the " Case Type" on your receipt. What does it say? Does it say I-751 or I-485? Let us start from there to figure out exactly what you are going to the interview for

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 hours ago, seck101 said:

I-751

16 hours ago, seck101 said:

2 hours ago, seck101 said:

I-751

So the i-751 is NOT complete, you haven't even been interviewed yet. 

Spouse have to be there, it's up to the IO if they choose to actually interview the spouse or not. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline

I-751 is not "for a green card".  Your wife should already have a green card.  She is removing conditions on her resident status.  If you have been called for an interview, I suspect you filed with too little evidence, then you received an RFE.  You responded but they still don't have enough to make a decision, and called you for an interview.  This is not really rare, but it doesn't happen very often.  You interpreting for your wife is not a good idea.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.