J&D1008

APRIL 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS

2,043 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Xiaova said:

About 560 people in March still waiting. 114 untouched cases,  288 RFESs, and  157 RFERs...

Hey, just out of curiosity. I was looking at the spreadsheet for my group 76500 and did a scan for my group it shows that there are 85 approved cases, but on the spreadsheet is only 80 cases. Is there a mistake? 

also how did you get the total number of cases? Because we tried to take out the withdrawals, document was mailed, transferred to new jurisdiction but couldn’t get the same number. We get like 238.

thank you ;) I am so jobless lol that I check here so often

2 hours ago, E & E said:

Hey, just out of curiosity. I was looking at the spreadsheet for my group 76500 and did a scan for my group it shows that there are 85 approved cases, but on the spreadsheet is only 80 cases. Is there a mistake? 

also how did you get the total number of cases? Because we tried to take out the withdrawals, document was mailed, transferred to new jurisdiction but couldn’t get the same number. We get like 238.

I'm thinking that the spreadsheet isn't updated right away so that's one of the reasons for the discrepancies.

As for how I get the total number of cases I just add all of the different status. I don't use the case tracker app and just have a script that totals them up for me so I think my data won't be exactly the same as the spreadsheet or case tracker app. I have seen cases where a I-129F cases status type is changed to e-req (kind of rare) or something so in my case it may no longer be counted.  

Here's what I have for the 76500 group as of 5/26:

76500 - 76999: 81 Untouched, 86 Approvals, 20 RFESs, 1 RFER, 36 Denials, 8 Expedites, 9 Withdrawals, 15 Others = 256 total cases, so it's higher than what you got.

Mid day (may 27th 2022) update :

Count Status
27 Case Was Approved
3 Request for Additional Evidence Was Sent
2 Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction
1 Expedite Request Denied
1 Date of Birth Was Updated
34 Total

From WAC2190069000 to WAC2190083000 (except the expedite denied - that one is from June).

3 minutes ago, Display Name2 said:

Mid day (may 27th 2022) update :

Count Status
27 Case Was Approved
3 Request for Additional Evidence Was Sent
2 Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction
1 Expedite Request Denied
1 Date of Birth Was Updated
34 Total

From WAC2190069000 to WAC2190083000 (except the expedite denied - that one is from June).

Do you have a specific total of touched/untouched for WAC2190079500 by any chance?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Has anyone noticed that when you look up processing times on uscis that they also have estimated times for the other offices? Before this update, you could only select California. Now I am also seeing more case transfers recently, including today's update. Do you think this means anything? Or is it just business as usual at the california center? 

9 minutes ago, Radiokidd said:

Do you have a specific total of touched/untouched for WAC2190079500 by any chance?

The easiest way for you to get that is to use the case tracker app, and use the graph functionality there.

Anyway, easy to get that for me too - so here you go:

Count Status
110 Case Was Received
33 Case Was Approved
9 Request for Initial Evidence Was Sent
7 Request for Additional Evidence Was Sent
6 Expedite Request Denied
5 Case Was Rejected Because It Was Improperly Filed
4 Withdrawal Acknowledgement Notice Was Sent
4 Document Was Mailed
3 Case Was Rejected Because I Did Not Sign My Form
1 Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
1 Name Was Updated
1 Case Was Denied
1 Duplicate Notice Was Mailed
185 Total

(None of the updates I have so far today is from this group, but this is the current status)

Edited by Display Name2

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
5 hours ago, E & E said:

I am out of the country visiting my fiancé (I left a note at the top of the chart) so I was able to update yesterday, but not until this morning. I won’t be doing consistent updates until Tuesday night again to maximize my time visiting while I’m here. So today’s update will be late or not done until Tuesday night possibly. But normal updates after I’m back in the US next week. The date in yellow at the very bottom with “as of…” always shows the last date it was updated as well. 

Also, for the total number I don’t subtract the others, I only count the “case was received” 

Edited by CJPinEcuador

30 minutes ago, Ronald P said:

Has anyone noticed that when you look up processing times on uscis that they also have estimated times for the other offices? Before this update, you could only select California. Now I am also seeing more case transfers recently, including today's update. Do you think this means anything? Or is it just business as usual at the california center? 

That's a good catch.

I think that there are two possible reasons for this:

Reason 1) I noticed that under the " Form Category " drop down menu, they basically put the K1/K2/K3/K4 visas all together into one. Before this used to be separate. That might explain why more service centers are showing up now.

Reason 2) They started getting other service center involved in order to reduce the huge backlog. So far processing seems to be low, so maybe in the coming weeks they might transfer some K1 cases to the other service centers.

Who knows.

27 minutes ago, CJPinEcuador said:

I am out of the country visiting my fiancé (I left a note at the top of the chart) so I was able to update yesterday, but not until this morning. I won’t be doing consistent updates until Tuesday night again to maximize my time visiting while I’m here. So today’s update will be late or not done until Tuesday night possibly. But normal updates after I’m back in the US next week. The date in yellow at the very bottom with “as of…” always shows the last date it was updated as well. 

Also, for the total number I don’t subtract the others, I only count the “case was received” 

Thank you for all the updates that you do and answering my questions. They are very helpful. Enjoy your time with your fiancé! Time together is too precious 😭

On 5/26/2022 at 11:44 AM, Charlotte070 said:

Guys I really can’t do this anymore. I feel defeated, ruined, my mental health is at the lowest it’s ever been and it’s because uscis has pushed my inquiry date back 5 times. I know I’m not alone but I saw June people getting approved today and it made me so upset. I’ve been crying all day 

I completely understand. This has been the most nerve wrecking experience I've ever had. I can't believe I honestly thought when the website said 4 to 6 months it would happen that fast. I actually managed to get an inquiry in once before they pushed the dates again. All I got was a generic email about how everything was processing normally. I feel like I have ruined my life and my fiances life. He left his country (Iran) and is now living in the republic of Georgia while we wait. We honestly thought we'd have heard something by now. I quit my job so I could travel to see him. It's like I'm now stuck working a few months, then traveling. Work a few months, travel again. This is torture.. I'm sure you'll hear something soon and this will all be worth it. Sending you a virtual hug. 🤗

It does look to me as if processing have started speeding up a little,  this chart is only for approvals - other things such as denials, withdrawals, RFE, etc. are ignored - Approvals that happened in 2021 is also ignored. There have also been approvals in march and June that are not a part of this chart.

The past two days were very strong, hopefully the last two days are not an outlier, but rather a sign of increasing processing rates - we will find that out next week.

Untitled.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Display Name2 said:

It does look to me as if processing have started speeding up a little,  this chart is only for approvals - other things such as denials, withdrawals, RFE, etc. are ignored - Approvals that happened in 2021 is also ignored. There have also been approvals in march and June that are not a part of this chart.

The past two days were very strong, hopefully the last two days are not an outlier, but rather a sign of increasing processing rates - we will find that out next week.

Untitled.jpg

Good job! I feel like this visa has made me do more math than my entire school life haha 🆘 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.