J&D1008

APRIL 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS

2,043 posts in this topic

Here are the mid day updates:

75500: 1 Other (1 new / 0 in progress)
76500: 1 RFES (1 new / 0 in progress)
78000: 1 RFES (0 new / 1 in progress)
79000: 2 Approvals (1 new / 1 in progress)
79500: 5 RFESs (3 new / 2 in progress)
80000: 1 Approval, 5 RFESs, 1 Other (5 new / 2 in progress)
81000: 1 Other (1 new / 0 in progress)
81500: 2 Approvals (2 new / 0 in progress)

06/01/22: 20 Total Updates: 5 Approvals, 12 RFESs, 3 Others (DOB updated / Name Updated / Case reopened).

Gosh this is the worst I seen in a while. I hope they have some issues with their system or something. Scanning May now...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, SA21 said:

399 days and we have an RFE 😩

Any idea how quick they’re getting back to applicants once you’ve sent over the required info??

I don't know if theres a specific amount of time they aim for, I know someone who's been waiting for 50 days now

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
6 hours ago, CJPinEcuador said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1USXTWEww37JnWiCxW6ftP1UZjE6fKU2gn2Mk4OSVGLw/edit

source: it’s my chart. I get the data from the case tracker app for iOS every night. 

sometimes you just need to refresh it in your window. It’s a google doc so it updates instantly. The date in yellow at the bottom always shows the last date/night (in CST) that it was updated 

Thank you!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
32 minutes ago, littleminxgirl said:

Anyone else here use RapidVisa? Is it just me, or are they completely worthless?

I don't use them but you can definitely do the process on your own.  I've mostly heard complaints about how RapidVisa has caused delays and issues.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
44 minutes ago, littleminxgirl said:

Anyone else here use RapidVisa? Is it just me, or are they completely worthless?

I used and even though they were initially helpful, they stayed with our papers during 4 weeks, we could be an early June case and ended up being a July case. 

7 hours ago, SA21 said:

399 days and we have an RFE 😩

Any idea how quick they’re getting back to applicants once you’ve sent over the required info??

I got the RFE for intent to marry back on April 4th and submitted by April 15. Haven’t heard back since then while I’ve seen people who submitted by May get approved already. It’s highly random. 😕

6 hours ago, atcnaydn said:

Sorry to hear this. Do you know what might have caused the RFE?

No idea…maybe our intent to marry letter?

3 minutes ago, Saivarshini said:

I got the RFE for intent to marry back on April 4th and submitted by April 15. Haven’t heard back since then while I’ve seen people who submitted by May get approved already. It’s highly random. 😕

How did you find out what the rfe is for? Do we wait till we receive it in the mail?

1 minute ago, SA21 said:

No idea…maybe our intent to marry letter?

How did you find out what the rfe is for? Do we wait till we receive it in the mail?

You receive it exactly after 4 days the website updates. Unfortunately, you have to wait for the mail. You can’t call and ask. I tried but they would only send an email if you don’t get it by 30 days. 😐

2 hours ago, littleminxgirl said:

I went with them.

Their forms are easy to follow and I'm glad I took that route.

My NOA 1 is from September 3rd 2021, so I'll have to wait a while until I get an answer back. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, littleminxgirl said:

They're really just a gloridied secretary, helpful if youre too busy to research yourself though.

13 hours ago, littleminxgirl said:

They were incredibly unprofessional with us and I got a refund from them. They would look at our forms, ask a question, I would answer them, and they would ask the same question again. and again. and again. so we went round and round with the same BS for like 2-3 weeks and I finally just wrote an angry email and asked for our money back. I was so pissed off. I felt like they spent zero time actually reading my questions or trying to answer them fully, it was all canned answers. It wasn't worth the money. I think you can probably find a paralegal to help you do the same thing but with a lot more attention and they can ask the attorney at their office for questions for not much more money than what RapidVisa charges. We were offered that option anyway by a family friend who's a paralegal but we ended up just filling it out ourselves.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.