TBoneTX

All F2B Updates in This Thread (Part 2)

696 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, zaback21 said:

I don't know how the calculations goes but no country should receive more than 7% of 26,2666 = 1839 unless other countries are not using it. 

Definitely not 12-15x more of that number. 

t’s not 7% of 25,260, that is the 7% figure (total is 366,000).

It’s up to each consulate how they choose to allocate visas and what IV categories to prioritise. 

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
37 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

You’re looking at last months report, not the current one. The 275k figure mentioned is from this months. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/visas-backlog.html

The backlog is clearing, albeit slowly. The problem is that it’s clearing immediate relatives, employment based IV’s etc. The other family categories just don’t have enough available visas compared to the number of applicants to make any meaningful progress with the backlog for their categories. 

I am telling that this month's backlog data is wrong. They can NOT magically eliminate applicants from the queue. Compare the September and August data, and see for yourself. :-( 

Timeline

The 7-8k numbers are not ideal but worked without backlog. Except 2018, those are acceptable. 

Where's DR in 2022-23 without counting August - September has already received 12,153 visas out of 26,266 available. That's almost 50% of the world from 30-33% on average it used to receive it previously. So, it does matter. 

More importantly Phillipines has less people waiting for F2B than DR and they have a separate quota and DR not. I don't know how the calculations goes but no country should receive more than 7% of 26,2666 = 1839 unless other countries are not using it. 

You are right that for fairness no country should receive more than 7% of of each sub-category. But, immigration law says that no country should receive more than 7% of the sum of both family based and employment category. It is silent about sub-categories (like F1, F2, F3, and F4). Theoretically, one country can fill one sub-category. That is not fair, for sure.

7 minutes ago, NEO2023 said:

I am telling that this month's backlog data is wrong. They can NOT magically eliminate applicants from the queue. Compare the September and August data, and see for yourself. 😞

They’re not ‘magically’ eliminating them. They’re being eliminated because their PD has retrogressed, or their job offer has been pulled, or their sponsor has died etc, etc. 

Family based visas may not have retrogressed but employment based did, so that’s a big number suddenly not eligible for an interview and pulled from the queue. 

The 7-8k numbers are not ideal but worked without backlog. Except 2018, those are acceptable. 

Where's DR in 2022-23 without counting August - September has already received 12,153 visas out of 26,266 available. That's almost 50% of the world from 30-33% on average it used to receive it previously. So, it does matter. 

More importantly Phillipines has less people waiting for F2B than DR and they have a separate quota and DR not. I don't know how the calculations goes but no country should receive more than 7% of 26,2666 = 1839 unless other countries are not using it. 

It's 7% of Total Family Visas not 7% of the F2B. If DR consulate wants to use a good portion of their visas on F2B they can. And they only can if all those applicants have a PD before the final action date.

The number of DR visas isn't that strange. if we assume around ~7000 visas should have been give to DR in 2020,2021, 2022 then there is a backlog of around 11,300 people from those three years alone. That number isn't that far off from the number they've received so far this year.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

They’re not ‘magically’ eliminating them. They’re being eliminated because their PD has retrogressed, or their job offer has been pulled, or their sponsor has died etc, etc. 

Family based visas may not have retrogressed but employment based did, so that’s a big number suddenly not eligible for an interview and pulled from the queue. 

They did the same mistake on July 2022. In July 2022, thousands of documentarily complete applications were erroneously designated with "non-allocated" status. They later corrected the calculation from 352,210 to 409,645.

9 hours ago, Mundo254 said:

Indeed this would be very helpful and a good indicator on where they are at in trying to clear the backlog. Last time I checked (and the best Info I have)  a person from (rest of world) with a 2015 July PD had their Interview scheduled...and that was last year in November. I wonder if anyone here knows anyone else whose had there visa issued with a PD close to the Sept 2015 cur off that has refused to move? That might also be a. good indicator if they are close to moving the dates. 

We'll also have to wait for October Issuance numbers to see if they are ramping up visa issuance for Family Visas. Otherwise, we might have to go wait for them to bring the down the immigrant visa backlog numbers down to 60k pre covid down from the current backlog of 275K (Which is somewhat some good news because a few months ago the backlog was at 420K). I'm starting to think the VB will not move until this happens.

1 hour ago, appleblossom said:

You’re looking at last months report, not the current one. The 275k figure mentioned is from this months. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/visas-backlog.html

The backlog is clearing, albeit slowly. The problem is that it’s clearing immediate relatives, employment based IV’s etc. The other family categories just don’t have enough available visas compared to the number of applicants to make any meaningful progress with the backlog for their categories. 

The backlog numbers are interesting, but since it is for all categories, it's not super helpful to figure out where we are with F2B. 

15 hours ago, xavier2014 said:

The backlog is decreasing, but there's no reflection of that in the Visa Bulletin. I know F2B will move this fiscal year, but it appears those movements won't be promising. I think that right now, most of the documentarily qualified applicants are from F2A, they are the only category with Chart B being close to current, regularly going to IL pull.

Did I make a mistake that I didn’t moved from f2b to f1 category ??

because at that time f2b moving fast little bit than f1..

3 hours ago, Newbuddy said:

Keep an eye on the Visa Bulletin. It's up to you whether you want to move from F2B to F1. The backlog will be cleared somewhere in the middle of next year, but until then, it's not predictable which category will move faster

11 hours ago, Newbuddy said:

F1 final action didn't move in the October Bulletin either, and F2B is still a few months ahead, but it is up to you to decide. 

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
On 9/16/2023 at 7:02 PM, Clarke84 said:

It's 7% of Total Family Visas not 7% of the F2B. If DR consulate wants to use a good portion of their visas on F2B they can. And they only can if all those applicants have a PD before the final action date.

The number of DR visas isn't that strange. if we assume around ~7000 visas should have been give to DR in 2020,2021, 2022 then there is a backlog of around 11,300 people from those three years alone. That number isn't that far off from the number they've received so far this year.

I know it's not 7% of the sub category. But not having a quota means, one country is practically dominating the whole category. 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/17/2023 at 3:23 AM, xavier2014 said:

Keep an eye on the Visa Bulletin. It's up to you whether you want to move from F2B to F1. The backlog will be cleared somewhere in the middle of next year, but until then, it's not predictable which category will move faster

“The backlog will be cleared somewhere in the middle of next year”… famous last words:)  There’s no way of knowing that.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, RR159 said:

“The backlog will be cleared somewhere in the middle of next year”… famous last words:)  There’s no way of knowing that.

Yeah, do we have any data that can help to predict?

NVC response to inquiries are always too generic:

This case is now documentarily qualified. This means that the National Visa Center (NVC) has all of the documents we requested. Your application is now in line waiting for an interview appointment overseas, where a consular officer will adjudicate it.

However, this petition will not be eligible for an immigrant visa interview until the priority date becomes current according to the Department of State's Visa Bulletin. This can delay an appointment. You can track your priority date using the Visa Bulletin at https://usvisas.state.gov/visabulletin. NVC schedules appointments one month in advance, but we cannot predict when an interview appointment will be available.

The visa bulletin contains a list of cut-off dates divided by foreign state chargeability and preference category. Only petitions with a priority date earlier than the cut-off date on the Final Action Dates for Family-Sponsored Preference Cases chart are eligible for a visa and consular processing. This petition's priority date, foreign state of chargeability, and preference category are:

Priority Date:                                       13OCT2015                                

Foreign State of Chargeability: BRAZIL

Preference Category:                              F2B

The U.S. Embassy or Consulate tells NVC when they hold interviews, and we fill the appointment dates as the cases become documentarily qualified. We schedule appointments one month in advance, but we cannot predict when an appointment will be available.

Your case will stay at the NVC until an appointment is scheduled, and then we will send it to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. We will notify the applicant, petitioner, and attorney (if applicable).

Important: The applicant should not make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment until the U.S. Embassy or Consulate issues a visa.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
7 hours ago, GusHD said:

Yeah, do we have any data that can help to predict?

NVC response to inquiries are always too generic:

We can try predict using existing data. The Immigrant Visa Backlog report and Visa Bulletin speaks volumes. They've held the dates of filing chart meaning they are receiving and DQuing limited cases at NVC. On the other hand, Backlog has reduced to 275 K and they are scheduling 40K Visas monthly. Meaning it will take approximately 5 months to return to pre covid levels (60K backlog). I think we will start seeing movement when the backlog comes down to pre covid levels...as explained, probably 5 months from now.

I may be wrong,🙂 Just another prediction but hopefully I'm right.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.