green_rabbit

March 2021 - AOS filers

535 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 4/20/2021 at 1:07 PM, noname_no said:

Makes sense now. Detriot was one of the handful field offices in the country that processes AOS faster, during pre-covid times, guess they kept up. :)

Congrats again! 

How do we know which service center has our packet?

2 minutes ago, Britney868 said:

How do we know which service center has our packet?

The AOS interview and biometrics appointment will go through your local USCIS field office, which you can find at the bottom of this page: https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-a-uscis-office/field-offices

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

I'm really frustrated.. I filed for my husbands AOS on March 17th, the packet got delivered March 19th and I haven't heard anything yet. They haven't charged my credit car or anything... I've contacted USCIS using Emma, but they just tell me to wait 60 days and then contact them again if I haven't received anything. I asked them what would happen in 60 days (just to try to understand the process) and they said they would have me contact the Lockbox and the lockbox would know where and why my case is being processed so late... but the only way to contact them (that I know of) is through email... and that can take up to 30 days to get a response. I just don't know what to do.. I

Sorry for venting, I just need to get this off my chest. Thank you for reading if you made it this far. 

5 minutes ago, Lrjohnsona said:

I'm really frustrated.. I filed for my husbands AOS on March 17th, the packet got delivered March 19th and I haven't heard anything yet. They haven't charged my credit car or anything... I've contacted USCIS using Emma, but they just tell me to wait 60 days and then contact them again if I haven't received anything. I asked them what would happen in 60 days (just to try to understand the process) and they said they would have me contact the Lockbox and the lockbox would know where and why my case is being processed so late... but the only way to contact them (that I know of) is through email... and that can take up to 30 days to get a response. I just don't know what to do.. I

Sorry for venting, I just need to get this off my chest. Thank you for reading if you made it this far. 

I am guessing you sent your packet through USPS, I had the same problem but I got my case number little late compared to others.. but you will get one , wait one or two weeks.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Siggy said:

I am guessing you sent your packet through USPS, I had the same problem but I got my case number little late compared to others.. but you will get one , wait one or two weeks.

Thanks for the reassurance, I appreciate it! Yes, I did use USPS. When did you mail yours in? How long was it after mailing that they processed your payment?

12 minutes ago, Lrjohnsona said:

Thanks for the reassurance, I appreciate it! Yes, I did use USPS. When did you mail yours in? How long was it after mailing that they processed your payment?

That particular lockbox ( delivered by USPS) taking more time to process the packets. I mailed on 12th.. I did wait for one month 15 days.. my check cashed day after the texts. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Siggy said:

That particular lockbox ( delivered by USPS) taking more time to process the packets. I mailed on 12th.. I did wait for one month 15 days.. my check cashed day after the texts. 

Thanks! Hopefully I'll see mine soon then since I sent it in a week after yours. 

Got Text messages today with the case track numbers and Receipt Notice will be in Mail soon!

My timeline so far is:

03/24/2021: Sent the package

03/31/2021: Package delivered to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

04/27/2021: Text message received / Cash not yet gone out.

Good luck everyone and Fingers Crossed! :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Montenegro
Timeline

Hello everyone,finally my AOS Package was opened.

My timeline:

03/29/2021: Sent the package via USPS.

03/31/2021: Package delivered to USCIS Chicago Lockbox - Priority mail.

04/27/2021: Received 6 text messages.

Check was cashed this morning by USCIS.

Stay positive and good luck everyone.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 4/26/2021 at 8:06 PM, Ahahh said:

My CC was charged tonight with the FEES. I haven’t receive the receipt numbers yet. AOS package received at Chicago lockbox on March 30th via Fedex. 

New update:

03/30: received at Lockbox

04/26: cc charged

04/28: Got all receipts number via Text

Got luck everyone waiting for NOAs

Edited by Ahahh

18 hours ago, Ahahh said:

Has anybody received their biometric notices yet? Try to gauge on how much time they are taking

I think we should wait a while, it seems like even Feb 2021 filers haven’t got their biometric Appt yet. Let’s hope we can get one by end of May... 😭

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.