green_rabbit

March 2021 - AOS filers

535 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 2/18/2022 at 4:29 PM, Chancy said:

Pre-COVID, waived interviews were actually quite common for AOS from K1.  Most likely it's not a USCIS error and that your AOS was actually approved already.  Congrats!  Please do update us when your GC arrives to confirm your approval.

Update: Got my green card in the mail today, I’m so happy and relieved 😌

Thanks for your replies.

P.S. We did AOS from B1/B2 actually (but we also had an approved K1 awaiting interview back home when I traveled to the US for a vacation but lockdowns made things complicated in my country and decided to adjust status here). I emailed our congressman last October regarding having my EAD expedited because I’m a healthcare worker, and this may have contributed too to the waived interview? I could only guess.

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline

@Beeya congrats !! im in the same situation B2 and i got also the Ead months ago but still waiting for interview. Did you do smth different on the 845 because of that ? Im not sure if i should add me as a sponsor now cuz i work or still just him..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Gabbyy said:

@Beeya congrats !! im in the same situation B2 and i got also the Ead months ago but still waiting for interview. Did you do smth different on the 845 because of that ? Im not sure if i should add me as a sponsor now cuz i work or still just him..

Thanks, I did not do anything additional since submitting our forms last year. Just sit back and relax. The more you count the days, the longer it feels. Besides, the GC itself doesn’t offer much else once you have the EAD already. But I understand the anxiety it causes and the feeling of wanting to just have it done already. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, f4ancyfl4mingo said:

@OliverBa hey have you heard back from Nashville FO regarding the interview yet?

No. After biometrics I noticed Nashville’s AOS was taking a year from biometrics to interview. We were planning on moving to Los Angeles in November, so right after biometrics we’re taken I changed our address to Los Angeles. 1.5 months later we got an interview in Los Angeles field office; we actually had to move up our planned move from November to October because they scheduled it so fast. The officer said they would’ve approved without the interview because our file was good but we were missing the medical…which we weren’t because we handed it over to CBP and they lost it and told no one, so the same day of the interview we went and did another medical and then mailed them the results, they approved a week after the interview. 

DCF China

07/15/2018: Married

10/22/2018: Filed I-130 @ Guangzhou Embassy

11/06/2018: Received Emailed Notice of Additional Processing Requirements and Interview from the embassy 

11/27/2018: Received Mailed Notice of Additional Processing Requirements and Interview from the embassy 

11/28/2018: Interview at the Embassy

12/15/2018: We were informed by letter from the embassy that based on how we got married, that we were not legally married technically and therefore could not file an I-130, unless we could provide evidence showing that our marriage license would be recognized by the issue authority (the Court).

Jan-July 2019: Attempted unsuccessfully to get married in 5 other countries; my fiancé's tourist visa application was continuously denied which left us with only the K1 option

K1 Visa

08/28/2019: Filed I-129F K1

09/04/2019: NOA1 Received

34 minutes ago, OliverBa said:

No. After biometrics I noticed Nashville’s AOS was taking a year from biometrics to interview. We were planning on moving to Los Angeles in November, so right after biometrics we’re taken I changed our address to Los Angeles. 1.5 months later we got an interview in Los Angeles field office; we actually had to move up our planned move from November to October because they scheduled it so fast. The officer said they would’ve approved without the interview because our file was good but we were missing the medical…which we weren’t because we handed it over to CBP and they lost it and told no one, so the same day of the interview we went and did another medical and then mailed them the results, they approved a week after the interview. 

wow what an adventure! Good for LA though, they don't have to wait ages. I probably should be packing my bag and getting ready to move at this rate. Congratz to you!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Approved! Marriage based AOS from E3, self-prepared, concurrent filed 130/130A/485/131/765/864 (944 submitted but disregarded)

My timeline:

Married: 11/4/2020

Submission Received: 3/11/2021

NOA: 4/6/2021

Biometrics: 8/17/2021

EAD/AP Card Received: 10/23/2021

Interview 2/11/2022

Approved: 3/7/2022 --> waiting to receive GC in the mail.

The only thing I should have done differently is to submit I-693 with the initial filing, especially considering its long validity now.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

Approved and GC received last Friday! 🎉 What a journey. Thanks to this group for the companionship along the way.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/12/2021 at 4:43 PM, mitanyag said:

just received the receipt #'s via SMS today. just wondering, does the case number really starts with MSC? I tried checking the status online but it says that case number is invalid. for reference, we sent our application last March 19, USCIS received it last march 20

exactly one year after NOA1, our case changed to "Interview Scheduled".

March 19, 2021 - sent application

April 12, 2021 - NOA 1

April  12, 2022 - Interview Scheduled

May 13, 2022 - Interview Date

Local Office: San Francisco

they are working when you least expect it. LOL.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.