green_rabbit

March 2021 - AOS filers

535 posts in this topic

On 6/12/2021 at 11:19 PM, Skyman said:

Wife went in for her bio Friday while I waited in the car. Status for the 765 and 485 changed to actively being reviewed before she got to the car. Now praying for interview soon.

What is your timeline?

I filed in Late March, and except for cash checked out and the receipts mails and texts, Haven’t got the bio appointment at all so far :(

Good thing for you tho! Congrats

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Our RFE was about 2020 Tax returns. When we filled, my wife hadn't done her 2020 tax returns at the time. 

It's suprising that they are giving RFE for that. Anyways, we have submitted all documents requested and now it's saying "We received your RFE response and we are actively reviewing your case." 

I am just waiting for the biometric appointment. Maybe it might take a couple weeks. Will update if I get anything. 

Hey all! We sent our AOS package on 3/22 and our NOA 1 was dated 4/16. We just received our biometrics letter on Saturday. The appointment is scheduled for 6/30. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Buci said:

Hey all! We sent our AOS package on 3/22 and our NOA 1 was dated 4/16. We just received our biometrics letter on Saturday. The appointment is scheduled for 6/30. 

Congrats!! Which one is you field office and your ASC office? 

Edited by hlUSAj1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, armyi1020 said:

What is your timeline?

I filed in Late March, and except for cash checked out and the receipts mails and texts, Haven’t got the bio appointment at all so far :(

Good thing for you tho! Congrats

I sent the I-485 the end of December but my AOS is from B-2 so I guess a different process.  I was commenting more on the speed of the change in case status after the bio. Good luck.

3 hours ago, hlUSAj1 said:

Congrats!! Which one is you field office and your ASC office? 

Thank you!! 🙂 Our offices are based in Chicago, IL. Hope you get some good news soon, too! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
10 hours ago, CanadianRNN said:

March 19 PD and no biometrics yet. Praying it's any day now!

I chatted with an agent today and the response I got was "the appointment has been requested, but your local office has not gotten a specific date and time set up". Gonna tell myself that means progress lol. 

Did you request for an expedite on this? Mine is 18th Feb and still nothing 😭

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, Buci said:

Thank you!! 🙂 Our offices are based in Chicago, IL. Hope you get some good news soon, too! 

Did you expedite?

Happy for you but also confused for me. Our PD is Feb 1 and we've had no movement. Chicago is our office too.

6 hours ago, arae said:

Did you expedite?

Happy for you but also confused for me. Our PD is Feb 1 and we've had no movement. Chicago is our office too.

Hey @arae sorry to hear about the lack of progress on your case.. no, we didn't expedite or do anything special. We're adjusting from a K-1 visa. Are you adjusting from a different visa category? That might explain the timeline difference.

It could also depend on the specific application support center (ASC) that's handling the biometrics for your case. There's a number of different ASC's in the Chicagoland area. The one that gets your case is typically the one that services the particular zip code you live in. You can see which one will process your biometrics here: https://egov.uscis.gov/office-locator/#/asc

Hopefully you'll hear something sooner than soon!! 🤞 

On 6/14/2021 at 11:27 AM, Buci said:

You can do an early walk-in on the biometric appointment. If they aren’t busy, they will take you in. Good luck!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, Buci said:

Hey @arae sorry to hear about the lack of progress on your case.. no, we didn't expedite or do anything special. We're adjusting from a K-1 visa. Are you adjusting from a different visa category? That might explain the timeline difference.

It could also depend on the specific application support center (ASC) that's handling the biometrics for your case. There's a number of different ASC's in the Chicagoland area. The one that gets your case is typically the one that services the particular zip code you live in. You can see which one will process your biometrics here: https://egov.uscis.gov/office-locator/#/asc

Hopefully you'll hear something sooner than soon!! 🤞 

Yeah, we're a K1 as well. I tried chatting with an agent via Emma and got nowhere. Pretty frustrating.

2 hours ago, miserygame said:

I don't know how people here even get more than the formulated scripted answer when asking if they have Bios appointments coming anytime soon to be honest. 

Hey! So When you are chatting with Emma, you can say “Human Please”, and then answer few questions that Emma asks you before connecting you to the live agent, and then you will be able to chat with a live agent who is a human! Sometimes they say basic stuff too, but I am sure it’s better than those automatic Emma replies. Hope it helps!

Edited by armyi1020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
15 hours ago, SpaceX said:

You can do an early walk-in on the biometric appointment. If they aren’t busy, they will take you in. Good luck!

Please tell us more about this?  Details appreciated!  (we are waiting for our biometrics letter - now over 2 months since our AoS was received by USCIS).

On 6/14/2021 at 11:03 AM, CanadianRNN said:

March 19 PD and no biometrics yet. Praying it's any day now!

I chatted with an agent today and the response I got was "the appointment has been requested, but your local office has not gotten a specific date and time set up". Gonna tell myself that means progress lol. 

Can you tell us the steps to get to an agent?  I want to talk to them with the same questions.  Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.