green_rabbit

March 2021 - AOS filers

535 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, pbb_12 said:

Hi everyone, I am looking for your help with my EAD expedite request. 

I filed my request 20 days ago after having my biometrics done. My case reflect that my expedite request has been received, but I haven't heard back from them on requesting additional information for this. 

I currently have a job offer and they have been patient enough to wait for me, but they will not wait for long. 

Has anyone else been in this position? If so, what have they don to get USCIS to respond? 

Thank you in advance for your help!

Have you done your biometric?  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
On 7/30/2021 at 2:32 PM, Practically89 said:

Randomly decided to ask Emma agent about my biometrics, and was told it's scheduled for August 3 in Maryland. No letter in the mail yet and I can't see any PDF files on the USICS website that I could print out. The agent referred me to a Tier 2 agent that would call in 3 business days, which might be after the appointment. I'm currently in Chicago. Any advice?

could you help us figure out you did that?  I tried just now and all I got was a link to a webpage where I could fill out a form and submit it to let them know I did not receive a notice of an appointment:

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDNForm.do?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=ndn

(I started by asking emma "when is my biometrics appointment".)

Were you already deep into some sort of thread with Emma wherein she had your case number or other details?  

Thank you very much for any help.

Edited by David and Anna

11 minutes ago, David and Anna said:

could you help us figure out you did that?  I tried just now and all I got was a link to a webpage where I could fill out a form and submit it to let them know I did not receive a notice of an appointment:

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDNForm.do?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=ndn

(I started by asking emma "when is my biometrics appointment".)

Were you already deep into some sort of thread with Emma wherein she had your case number or other details?  

Thank you very much for any help.

Go to Emma, type live agent , then click on case status.  Give your case number.. click on chat with live agent. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Israel
Timeline

I ended up getting a tier 2 call 7pm the night before the appointment. The agent e-mailed me the letter and I booked a flight to DC for the next day. I missed my flight, and went to an ASC in Chicago. They were done with all of their appointments by 9:30am and got me in with no issues. Bottom line, my PD is March 18 and my biometrics appointment was August 3rd. Also, my bio letter is only for I485 and I765, not I131. I was told at ASC I will probably have to do separate bio for the 131, don't know if that's true or not. They said every bio appointment is only for 2 applications at a time.

I somehow got another biometrics appointment letter from USCIS with a different notice date for a different appointment date to the same ASC for the same case types (I-485, I-765). For context, my first biometrics appointment has a notice date of 7/17/2021, for an appointment to the Tampa ASC on 8/11/2021. The second biometrics appointment letter I received is identical in every other way, except that the notice date is 07/29/2021, for an appointment to the Tampa ASC on 8/23/2021. Both were sent to the same address, which is my old mailing address. I received an email confirmation that my new address was changed on 8/1/2021. I did not send an expedite request, or contact USCIS for anything else.

Not sure what this means at all. Or if there's anything I need to do besides just show up to the first scheduled appointment on 8/11.

9 minutes ago, Practically89 said:

I ended up getting a tier 2 call 7pm the night before the appointment. The agent e-mailed me the letter and I booked a flight to DC for the next day. I missed my flight, and went to an ASC in Chicago. They were done with all of their appointments by 9:30am and got me in with no issues. Bottom line, my PD is March 18 and my biometrics appointment was August 3rd. Also, my bio letter is only for I485 and I765, not I131. I was told at ASC I will probably have to do separate bio for the 131, don't know if that's true or not. They said every bio appointment is only for 2 applications at a time.

So basically you did your bio where you live now without the letter? Great...

They dont  do i-131 for k1 it seems.. if they want they can re-use our bio.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Practically89 said:

Maybe they will use it for your I-131 also.

from what i know from other people the work permit is a combo work permit and travel 

We're still waiting on biometrics. Haven't received anything since the receipt letter.  I just tried chatting with Emma , but that didn't work.  They asked for name and info. I gave mine (petitioner) and said "the applicant is here with me. Here's his..." Agent responded: "The applicant will need to call phone number xyz..." and the chat disconnected. I guess we'll be calling. Anyone have any tips for getting movement on a case? Does anything work short of a valid expedite request?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
16 hours ago, Siggy said:

Go to Emma, type live agent , then click on case status.  Give your case number.. click on chat with live agent. 

Thanks.  I did that and got someone.  They said there is no update for our case and then posted the bioler plate that says we need to wait until 11-27 months for our location before we can inquire if its late.  So frustrating that there is no std process even for the NBC portion of the AoS.  Many have done biometrics now and some have interviewed and 1-2 have their GC already from March filers.  I also called the main number and spoke to a rep who said that our case showed "an officer accessed and spent 25 minutes viewing your case last week".  He said that was a good sign that at least its getting some attention.  He too said all we can do is wait.  Honestly, waiting until early next year was out plan based on what we read before we applied...but seeing all these folks getting biometrics and interviews has made it very difficult to simply sit here with no news on our case when other cases are moving so rapidly...

22 minutes ago, David and Anna said:

Thanks.  I did that and got someone.  They said there is no update for our case and then posted the bioler plate that says we need to wait until 11-27 months for our location before we can inquire if its late.  So frustrating that there is no std process even for the NBC portion of the AoS.  Many have done biometrics now and some have interviewed and 1-2 have their GC already from March filers.  I also called the main number and spoke to a rep who said that our case showed "an officer accessed and spent 25 minutes viewing your case last week".  He said that was a good sign that at least its getting some attention.  He too said all we can do is wait.  Honestly, waiting until early next year was out plan based on what we read before we applied...but seeing all these folks getting biometrics and interviews has made it very difficult to simply sit here with no news on our case when other cases are moving so rapidly...

Totally agree. We just got the same type of the thing on the phone.  Basically "just keep waiting."  They said they don't know biometrics processing times and that there's no way for us to contact the field office, so there's nothing we can do but wait.  Easy for them to say. :bonk:  Think our next step is contacting our US rep.  They might not do anything but it's worth a try.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I filled on March 12th 2021. I received an RFE on May 24th, 2021 for sponsor's tax returns. To avoid any issues, I immediately got a joint sponsor.

For 1 month I didn't get any response from USCIS. I contacted my congressman and I got a response the next day (best congressman). After my congressman's inquiry I received my biometrics appointment notification on July 27th set for the 27th of August.

I couldn't wait for the 27th of August, so I traveled 3hours to a nearby state to get my biometrics done today 4th of August 2021. I was there at 7am and only met one person there. They allowed me to do an early walk-in. 

Immediately after my biometrics my I765 changed to "actively reviewing your case. Our records show nothing is outstanding at this time." 

I am keeping my fingers crossed for the next update. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Meilyn22 said:

I filled on March 12th 2021. I received an RFE on May 24th, 2021 for sponsor's tax returns. To avoid any issues, I immediately got a joint sponsor.

For 1 month I didn't get any response from USCIS. I contacted my congressman and I got a response the next day (best congressman). After my congressman's inquiry I received my biometrics appointment notification on July 27th set for the 27th of August.

I couldn't wait for the 27th of August, so I traveled 3hours to a nearby state to get my biometrics done today 4th of August 2021. I was there at 7am and only met one person there. They allowed me to do an early walk-in. 

Immediately after my biometrics my I765 changed to "actively reviewing your case. Our records show nothing is outstanding at this time." 

I am keeping my fingers crossed for the next update. 

What state are you in?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.