green_rabbit

March 2021 - AOS filers

535 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Asterix78 said:

When you all talk about PD, are you referring to the Fingerprint fee receive date on the I-485 NOA1? My I-765 and I-131 have a receive date that's about 3 weeks earlier than I-485, even though they were mailed at the same time. Should my point of reference be the I-485 Fingerprint fee receive date?

PD means received date, for i-485 they post fee charged date ( other two forms dont have fee).

Edited by Siggy

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

My package showed received on March 9th (I think I mailed it 3/7) and had my biometrics on July 7th. I finally have an interview scheduled for August 17th. 

For anyone in California, how long in totality does the interview take? My interview is at 7, and I’m wondering how late I’ll be to work after that. 

Also, is it possible for them to bring up how we filed our taxes as “single” this year, even though we got married on Oct 8, 2020? Since it was late in the year, we thought it best to file as married starting next year, but now I’m not so sure. 

5 hours ago, Shumpei said:

My package showed received on March 9th (I think I mailed it 3/7) and had my biometrics on July 7th. I finally have an interview scheduled for August 17th. 

For anyone in California, how long in totality does the interview take? My interview is at 7, and I’m wondering how late I’ll be to work after that. 

Also, is it possible for them to bring up how we filed our taxes as “single” this year, even though we got married on Oct 8, 2020? Since it was late in the year, we thought it best to file as married starting next year, but now I’m not so sure. 

They say the actual interview is really short - like 15 minutes tops, usually. And you're early enough in the day that they shouldn't be running behind yet...

I believe you're supposed to file taxes as married even if you got married on the very last day of the year, but I don't know if they will bring it up. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
16 hours ago, green_rabbit said:

They say the actual interview is really short - like 15 minutes tops, usually. And you're early enough in the day that they shouldn't be running behind yet...

I believe you're supposed to file taxes as married even if you got married on the very last day of the year, but I don't know if they will bring it up. 

Thanks green_rabbit! I thought so but since I waited for 2 hours in the building for biometrics, I wasn’t too sure how COVID has affected schedules. 

7 hours ago, Shumpei said:

Thanks green_rabbit! I thought so but since I waited for 2 hours in the building for biometrics, I wasn’t too sure how COVID has affected schedules. 

Man! We were in and out in 10 minutes, I think. We spent more time going through security than waiting or getting biometrics done. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Update on my Timeline:

• PD: 03/31
  • Expedite Request Received I131: 07/16
  • Biometrics completed: 07/19
  • Expedite Request Received I765: 07/23
  • Case Ready to be Scheduled for Interview: 07/23

Since my field office processing timelines for I485 are too crazy I do expect an interview to be scheduled anytime soon. Does anybody know if "case ready be scheduled for interview" speed up EAD issuance?

Side Note: I seem to get updates every time I put it an expedite request. Even though they have not acted on the requests so far, it seems as though they make them look at my file and issue updates.

51 minutes ago, Ahahh said:

Update on my Timeline:

• PD: 03/31
  • Expedite Request Received I131: 07/16
  • Biometrics completed: 07/19
  • Expedite Request Received I765: 07/23
  • Case Ready to be Scheduled for Interview: 07/23

Since my field office processing timelines for I485 are too crazy I do expect an interview to be scheduled anytime soon. Does anybody know if "case ready be scheduled for interview" speed up EAD issuance?

Side Note: I seem to get updates every time I put it an expedite request. Even though they have not acted on the requests so far, it seems as though they make them look at my file and issue updates.

If you get the date for  interview; they may skip your ead and AP as both forms become irrelevant after GC. 

guys, quick question...

i received an RFE last May 26 and I'm still preparing the documents till now. 

However, i just received a biometrics appointment today and got confused if should i still respond to the RFE or not. 

My bio appointment is on 8/11 while the last day to respond on my RFE is on 8/26.

Please help guys if you have any idea on how to deal with this. 

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, mitanyag said:

guys, quick question...

i received an RFE last May 26 and I'm still preparing the documents till now. 

However, i just received a biometrics appointment today and got confused if should i still respond to the RFE or not. 

My bio appointment is on 8/11 while the last day to respond on my RFE is on 8/26.

Please help guys if you have any idea on how to deal with this. 

Thanks.

You should do both, reply to RFE and Bio. 

What's the RFE for if  you don't mind sharing. 

2 minutes ago, Siggy said:

You should do both, reply to RFE and Bio. 

What's the RFE for if  you don't mind sharing. 

thanks for the reply. RFE is about my joint sponsor.. asking for proof of US citizenship/ PR status.

Hello guys! 
Need some advice and help. 
i received my I-797C notice receipt (3Nos) via mail today. (Posted our AOS packet on 12th July) 

The issue I face now is that the name is spelled wrong in the mailing address, just one alphabet is wrong, and I’m just worried now that they will process with this wrong name for my filing process. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.