tombs07

I-751 March 2021 Filers

712 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, nekojita said:

Hi 👋🏻 I was able to file on 2/28 (90 days before greencard expires on 5/29), but sent my I-751 in one day later on 3/1 just to be safe. The next day I received snail mail from USCIS stating it’s time to file my I-751 with a stamp dated 3/2.

I’m worrying a little as I still haven’t received an email/text confirming receipt of my package... how long did it take others to receive their text/email notification? Thanks 

It is taking at least 4-5 weeks; no one from march will have received their first notice yet. I believe February filers are having money cashed for people who filed around the 16th of February right now, with NOAs expected in the next week or so.

Hang tight, you should hear something within a few weeks.

Edited by RambaCat

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, RambaCat said:

It is taking at least 4-5 weeks; no one from march will have received their first notice yet. I believe February filers are having money cashed for people who filed around the 16th of February right now, with NOAs expected in the next week or so.

Hang tight, you should hear something within a few weeks.

Thanks!

7 hours ago, Helen Quail said:

Filed and received 3.12. How long are biometrics taking now? Anyone? We are in California

Thanks

CA here, too. Our I-751 was received November 13, and still no news about biometrics.

Getting there, slowly but surely...  (I hope )

Together (well...mostly the Transatlanticism kind of together) Since 12/2013

CR-1:

Married in Sweden 8/2017
(Well Frontloaded) I-130 Sent 12/2017
CR-1 Approved 10/2018
POE LAX 01/11/2019

I-751:

I-751 Package Sent with UPS 11/11/2020
I-751 Received by the AZ Lockbox 11/13/2020
I-751 Check Cashed 12/31/2020
I-797 (with My Last Name Misspelled...) Received by Mail 1/2/2021

Biometrics Appointment Received by Mail...too bad I am in Europe right when it's supposed to take place 🤯 6/14/2021

Rescheduled Biometrics Appointment, the biometric technician can't change the misspelled name on file, but he enters the correct spelling of my last name as an alias 8/2/2021

Interview Ready to Be Scheduled 10/13/2021

(Two Days Later) Interview Was Scheduled 😱 10/15/2021

I-751 Interview, Petition Approved 🥳 11/19/2021

Case Status Changed to New Card Is Being Produced 11/19/2021

Case Status Changed to Case Was Approved 11/22/2021

Green Card Arrived in the Mail (Name Correctly Spelling, w00t) 11/27/2021

When USCIS Misspells Your Name:

Typographical error form filled on USCIS website 1/4/2021
Contacted USCIS if there has been any progress since THEIR error (Received a Tier 1 tracking number) 2/6/2021
Contacted USCIS again as the issue remains to be resolved (Received ANOTHER Tier 1 tracking number) 3/12/2021
Apparently USCIS chat is worthless; CALLED USCIS, Tier 1 agent promised that a Tier 2 agent would call me 4/28/2021
Received a call from a nice Tier 2 officer who said I may or may not get a correct extension letter, but just in case I would be scheduled an InfoPASS appointment 5/4/2021
Went to local USCIS service center and had to deal with a nasty and entitled customer service agent who refused to give me an I-551 stamp. National Benefits Center is supposed to mail me another I-797 within 7-10 days... So I had to waste my day, taking buses for two hours one-way just to deal with this lady's attitude? 5/7/2021

After anxiously monitoring our mailbox for a few days I DID receive a corrected I-797, w00t! All documents good to go Vaccinated Ready to visit my parents in Europe for the first time in 17 months!!  5/13/2021

The lesson: Don't use the chat for anything complicated, AND keep hassling USCIS for a response...

11 hours ago, Locito said:

CA here, too. Our I-751 was received November 13, and still no news about biometrics.

Is a biometrics appointment required for all filers? The instructions to I-751 state: "After USCIS receives your petition and ensures it is complete, we will inform you in writing, if you need to attend a biometric services appointment."

2019-03-19: AOS concurrent filing (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131) sent; AOS from F-1 Visa

2019-03-21: AOS package received

2019-03-26: All NOA1s received (dated 3-21)

2019-04-05: Received biometrics notice

2019-04-08: Walk-in biometrics completed

2019-04-10: Received email that case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

2019-04-16: Received email that interview was scheduled

2019-05-28: Green card approved at end of interview; email that case was approved received shortly after!

2021-03-06: I-751 package sent (delivered 03-09)

2021-04-02: $680 personal check fee cashed

2021-04-06: I-797 NOA (18-month extension letter) received, dated 04-01

2021-04-13: Fingerprints applied to I-751 case

22 hours ago, E&M2021 said:

Hi I don’t think we will be able to finish paperwork this month. Hopefully April. So do you need to send all the proof together with the form or we can send it later when they ask for proof. Not sure. What did you guys include in the initial package for your removal of condition? 

Obviously you want to gather as much evidence as possible beforehand to avoid any RFE which then will eventually delay your case further.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Package delivered today 9:03 AM- Phoenix, AZ! 

Here's a brief summary of what I sent in 

- Check

- Form G-1145, I-751

- My passport, GC

- USC passport

- Marriage cert

- 2019, 2020 tax return transcripts

- Joint bank statements

- Copy of canceled joint bank check

- Gas bills

- Electricity bills

- Previous lease

- Current lease

- Life insurance policy brief

- Health insurance cards

- Zoo membership cards (lol)

- Holiday and congratulatory cards from family and friends 

- 9 photos of us together since marriage

- 2 photos with family on different occasions

Hope it goes ok!

~ 

Timeline

Hello everyone, i did send my package march 4 and was delivered march 8. since that i got no news and as i see it is ok. i am wondering when can i travel as my greencard experies soon. any paper they send will be ok for traveling outside the country and renew my driving license?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi we mailed our package (usps) on 2/23 and it was delivered on 3/3. Sent a check which still hasn’t been cashed in yet. Anyone send a check that was actually cashed? 

Sent out I-751 on 3/22/21 and was delivered 3/24.  Anyone know how long they are taking to send out extension letters lately? Would like to travel outside of the country for 3 - 6 months and would like to go as soon as receive the letter.  Is this advisable or too risky? Are they having people in for biometrics ? or waiving that lately?

5 minutes ago, Jimbersts said:

Sent out I-751 on 3/22/21 and was delivered 3/24.  Anyone know how long they are taking to send out extension letters lately? Would like to travel outside of the country for 3 - 6 months and would like to go as soon as receive the letter.  Is this advisable or too risky? Are they having people in for biometrics ? or waiving that lately?

Estimate at least 6 weeks for the NOA1/Extension letter (I believe it's the same thing).

It is a mixed pool from what I have seen on whether you will get in person biometrics or if it is waived. I would say being out of the country for that length of time is probably not advisable just in case you get an interview, biometrics appointment etc (or RFE, though I would assume that you will have someone checking your mail if you do go, and a way to cut your travel short and return if necessary). But I will admit I'm not 100% clear on the specifics of leaving for extended periods of time during this process, it isn't something I've looked into much.

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

Just dropped off our packet at UPS! Feels like a weight lifted off our shoulders! Now for the waiting game.... 👻

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We had been anticipating filing for a while so have everything ready to go in December, 3/12 was the earliest we could sent our 751 in.

We UPS'd out 751 filing on 3/12, got receipt showing delivered on 3/15. Like everyone else still waiting on the NOA. Waiting for this one sure is a heck of a lot easier than the wait for the K1 was!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

hello everyone, 

Is anyone able to post a checklist of what they submitted for their ROC.  First date of possible submission for me was 03/23 but I have not had the chance to put everything together. 

I am also planning to travel abroad in May for a couple of weeks. current GC does not expire until 3rd week of July. will this be a problem ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.