Pee&Eee

N400 March 2021 Filers

595 posts in this topic

Hello VJ Family,

I just got schedule for an interview for October 26, 2021 at Pittsburgh, PA office. Excited but nervous too.

Quick question:

Some documents I didn't upload at the time of submitting my N400 application.

Can I upload them now or it's too late ? 😕

or

I can take them at the time of interview and show to the officer?

Any help or advice please :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, Kevin15238 said:

Hello VJ Family,

I just got schedule for an interview for October 26, 2021 at Pittsburgh, PA office. Excited but nervous too.

Quick question:

Some documents I didn't upload at the time of submitting my N400 application.

Can I upload them now or it's too late ? 😕

or

I can take them at the time of interview and show to the officer?

Any help or advice please :)

I would say don't worry about uploading them. Take them with you and 99% chances are that the IO won't even ask for it (Unless you missed uploading the Required docs like tax returns/GC etc.) You should be good!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Any March filers already received their passports? I applied in the beginning of August (regular filing), still "In Progress. So wanted to check if any Expedited ones got approved. 

1 minute ago, GC-Cleveland said:

Any March filers already received their passports? I applied in the beginning of August (regular filing), still "In Progress. So wanted to check if any Expedited ones got approved. 

You can check the timeline in my signature. It’s supposed to arrive today. 

N-400 PROCESS:

COLORADO|APPLYING AFTER FIVE YEARS|GC THROUGH "SPECIAL IMMIGRANT INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTER" STATUS

N-400 FILED ONLINE: MARCH 18, 2021

BIOMETRICS REUSE NOTICE ONLINE: MARCH 18, 2021

RECEIPT NOTICE ONLINE: MARCH 18, 2021

INTERVIEW NOTICE ONLINE: JULY 13, 2021

INTERVIEW NOTICE RECEIVED IN MAIL: JULY 19, 2021

INTERVIEW DATE: AUGUST 17, 2021

APPROVAL, OATH CEREMONY AND CERTIFICATE: AUGUST 17, 2021

PASSPORT PROCESS:

Aug. 17: Applied for US passport+book at metro Denver USPS, expedited processing, 1-2 express delivery, barcoded application from online wizard.
Aug. 20: Online status changed to “In Process” with locator number 34 (Charleston, SC). 
Aug. 23: Check cashed. 

Sep. 21: Status changed to "Approved” then “Shipped” later in the day.

Sep. 23: Passport book delivered, next-gen passport regular book. Label on envelope says Charleston, SC.

Sep. 25: Passport card delivered. 
Oct. 4: Naturalization certificate delivered. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, EternalForeigner said:

You can check the timeline in my signature. It’s supposed to arrive today. 

NICE!!!! Congratulations. 

The library lady got me all messed up. They said don't do expedited, currently they all take the same time and you'd be wasting your money. WELL.......FML!

Just now, GC-Cleveland said:

NICE!!!! Congratulations. 

The library lady got me all messed up. They said don't do expedited, currently they all take the same time and you'd be wasting your money. WELL.......FML!

It really depends on which processing center your application goes to and you don’t have a say in that. Expedited could help you get it anywhere between 4-6 weeks and some people got it a bit earlier. I think you can still call and pay for expedited processing and 1-2 day delivery but don’t know how much time that will cut down. If you’re in a rush to travel, you can contact your congressional representative and senators for help. You should also check out the passport tracking thread here:

2020/ 21- US Passport & Card Application-Tracker - Passports, etc. - What to do now that you are a US citizen - VisaJourney

N-400 PROCESS:

COLORADO|APPLYING AFTER FIVE YEARS|GC THROUGH "SPECIAL IMMIGRANT INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTER" STATUS

N-400 FILED ONLINE: MARCH 18, 2021

BIOMETRICS REUSE NOTICE ONLINE: MARCH 18, 2021

RECEIPT NOTICE ONLINE: MARCH 18, 2021

INTERVIEW NOTICE ONLINE: JULY 13, 2021

INTERVIEW NOTICE RECEIVED IN MAIL: JULY 19, 2021

INTERVIEW DATE: AUGUST 17, 2021

APPROVAL, OATH CEREMONY AND CERTIFICATE: AUGUST 17, 2021

PASSPORT PROCESS:

Aug. 17: Applied for US passport+book at metro Denver USPS, expedited processing, 1-2 express delivery, barcoded application from online wizard.
Aug. 20: Online status changed to “In Process” with locator number 34 (Charleston, SC). 
Aug. 23: Check cashed. 

Sep. 21: Status changed to "Approved” then “Shipped” later in the day.

Sep. 23: Passport book delivered, next-gen passport regular book. Label on envelope says Charleston, SC.

Sep. 25: Passport card delivered. 
Oct. 4: Naturalization certificate delivered. 

10 hours ago, GC-Cleveland said:

Yep. Applied at the post office in mid July for the expedited and it arrived in about a month or so.

TIMELINE

2 0 1 1

3rd Feb - 129f Sent

10th Feb - NOA1

16th May - NOA2

8th August - Interview in London. APPROVED!

29th August - POE at SFO

7th Oct - Married

10th Oct - AOS Filed

17th Oct - NOA Letter(s)

20th Oct - Biometrics Letter (for 14th Nov)

28th Oct - Biometrics (walk-in)

2 0 1 2

3 Jan - Service Request Put In

13 Jan - EAD Approved

17 Jan - Interview Notice Received

24 Jan - EAD in hand

16 Feb - Interview Date. APPROVED!

2 0 1 3 / 2 0 1 4

21 Nov - ROC Filed

2 Dec - NOA

6 Jan - Biometrics (walk-in)

15 May - Card Ordered / Approved

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone, I've been following for a while. My interview was scheduled so I thought I would post. 

- March 6, 2021 - Application received 

- March 11, 2021 - Biometrics waived

- October 1, 2021 - Interview was scheduled 

- November 10, 2021 - Interview date

Chicago field office

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, attorney94 said:

Hey everyone, I've been following for a while. My interview was scheduled so I thought I would post. 

- March 6, 2021 - Application received 

- March 11, 2021 - Biometrics waived

- October 1, 2021 - Interview was scheduled 

- November 10, 2021 - Interview date

Chicago field office

Congrats!! March 7 2021 in Chicago, hoping to hear something soon!

Logged on to my account this morning and interview has been scheduled for November 16th at the Charlotte Field Office.   So excited!!  I was checking my account every hour since 7am this morning because my husband and daughter got their interviews scheduled yesterday for November 15th.   Our applications all went in on the same day, March 19th 2021 and our biometrics were all reused the same day.   Now on to the civics questions!!

2 hours ago, MCN400 said:

Logged on to my account this morning and interview has been scheduled for November 16th at the Charlotte Field Office.   So excited!!  I was checking my account every hour since 7am this morning because my husband and daughter got their interviews scheduled yesterday for November 15th.   Our applications all went in on the same day, March 19th 2021 and our biometrics were all reused the same day.   Now on to the civics questions!!

Congrats

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello fellow VJers!

I came here to give an update and let you know that I was approved yesterday!  :)

My interview was scheduled for 10:10am in the Lawrence, MA office. I arrived 10 minutes before my appointment, checked in and sat in the waiting area for 20 minutes until an officer called my name and led me to an interview room.

First he asked me to stand and raise my right hand.  He then asked "Do you solemnly swear that you will tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, under pains and penalties of perjury"? After I said "I do" and got sworn in, he asked me to sit down and provide him with my passport and green card.

We then moved on to the test questions:

- What ocean is on the East Coast of the United States?

- Name one branch or part of the government

- If the President can no longer serve, who becomes President?

- Who did the United States fight in World War II?

- What is an amendment?

- Why did the colonists fight the British?

Next came the reading and writing test. He asked me to read a sentence off the tablet:  "Where is the White House?" 

And then I was asked to write on the tablet: "The White House is in Washington, D.C."

He asked me about when I arrived in the US, how I met my husband, how many kids I had, how often I get to see my family in Brazil etc... in a very conversational way. He even asked about how Brazil is handling the COVID-19 situation and if I was happy that the US borders are now re-opening for Brazilian visitors. He asked what I did for a living, and when I mentioned that I work with cancer research he wanted to know if we had any recent breakthroughs :) 

We then went through the application and the Yes/No questions. When he asked about ever being cited by a police officer, I mentioned that I had a speeding ticket from 10+ years ago that wasn't included in my N-400 application (I had forgotten about it). He said it was not an issue, asked me if I had paid the fine and then moved on the next questions.

He asked if I had paid my yearly taxes, but didn't ask to see my tax returns or any of the other documents that I had with me.

He was extremely friendly! The whole interview was done in less than 15 minutes.

He said I was approved, and then told me to wait in the reception area for a same-day oath ceremony. The waiting took a while, but I was out of there by 12pm!

This is all I can remember. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Good luck to everyone still waiting for their interview! I am sure you will all be fine!

AOS Journey:

AOS Package sent: 03/09/2010

AOS Package delivered: 03/10/2010 (USPS website)

Touch: 03/18/2010

NOA1 received: 03/22/2010 (Notice date: 03/17/2010)

Biometrics letter received: 03/26/2010 (Notice date: 03/22/2010)

Touch: 03/31/2010

Biometrics appointment: 04/12/2010 Lawrence, MA

Touch: 04/12/2010

Touch: 04/13/2010

Interview letter received: 04/30/2010

EAD e-mail/text: 05/25/2010

Interview: 06/02/2010 Approved!!

EAD card received in the mail: 06/07/2010

Green Card received in the mail: 06/12/2010

ROC Journey:

I-751 Package sent: 05/12/2012

I-751 Package delivered: 05/14/2012

Check cashed: 05/21/2012

NOA1 Received: 05/21/2012 (Notice Date: 05/15/2012)

Biometrics Letter Received: 06/02/2012 (Notice Date: 05/30/2012)

Biometrics Appointment: 06/13/2012

Petition approved on: 01/10/2013

Green Card received in the mail: 01/17/2013

N400 Journey:

N-400 Submitted Online: 03/28/2021

N-400 Receipt Notice (Online): 03/29/2021

N-400 Biometric Reuse Notice (Online): 03/29/2021

NOA1 Received in Mail: 04/05/2021(Notice Date 03/28/2021)

Biometrics Reuse Notice Received in Mail: 04/05/2021(Notice Date 03/28/2021)

Interview Notice (Online): 08/30/2021 (Interview scheduled for 10/06/21 in Lawrence, MA)

Interview Notice Received in Mail: 09/03/2021(Notice Date 08/30/2021)

Interview: 10/06/2021(APPROVED)

Same-Day Oath Ceremony: 10/06/2021

Just had my n400 interview my i751 was pending but the officer said she's only doing the n400 I asked for why she said it still need to be reviewed it's been there since 2019..I got you pass but a decision can not be made..im so depressed she said they might call me in for the i751 interview 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.