Pee&Eee

N400 March 2021 Filers

595 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Kay21 said:

Just had my n400 interview my i751 was pending but the officer said she's only doing the n400 I asked for why she said it still need to be reviewed it's been there since 2019..I got you pass but a decision can not be made..im so depressed she said they might call me in for the i751 interview 

Sorry to hear that they couldn't do both simultaneously - I hope it's all resolved soon! Congrats on getting through the N400 interview, though!

3 hours ago, Greg C said:

Sorry to hear that they couldn't do both simultaneously - I hope it's all resolved soon! Congrats on getting through the N400 interview, though!

Thank you 😊..I asked she said the i751 needs to be reviewed don't know why she didn't just do it she did the n400 first but kept going in the i751 

21 hours ago, Greg C said:

Yea she could have 

Timeline
19 hours ago, CaneK said:

Any other applicants from Chicago with interviews? I see they started scheduling interviews for those who applied in March. I applied on the 17th so hopefully they schedule it by the end of Oct.

In the same boat, I've seen two March filers from Chicago get interviews almost two weeks ago and now I'm getting nervous - filed March 7th.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 10/13/2021 at 10:38 AM, Greg C said:

In the same boat, I've seen two March filers from Chicago get interviews almost two weeks ago and now I'm getting nervous - filed March 7th.

While you guys are ahead of me, I am still crossing my fingers for April 30th filing date. 😄  Good luck, fellas!

Timeline

Weird change in MyUSCIS today - it shows "submitted March 6, 2021" next to my receipt number but all of my documents and case status show received March 7, 2021. March 7th was the first possible eligible day to file based on three-month rule, do you think there may be an issue if they see the application as having been submitted March 6th in their system? I've seen a few horror stories of people unknowingly submitting a day early and being denied.

Screen Shot 2021-10-16 at 8.33.25 AM.png

Hello everyone, sharing great news from NYC!  I had my interview yesterday morning at the USCIS Brooklyn Field Office and my application was approved. I was there from 8am to 9am, waited to be called for about 20 minutes. The civics, reading and writing tests were a breeze while more time was spent going over my employment history, personal info and travels outside the US.  IO asked if I brought documents showing husband and I have lived together since the marriage but I only had the joint filing tax transcripts and mentioned all the evidences I uploaded during the application. She spent some time reviewing those electronic files.

I am waiting to hear about my schedule for the oath ceremony, do you have any idea how long it takes from approval to the oath taking? Also, feel free to ask me questions about my journey, in case I can assist.  The VJ community has been a tremendous help since we started with the I-130, my sincere gratitude to everyone here! Good luck to those who are still waiting for interview schedules, I hope it happens soon!

Timeline

Filed March 7, 2021 - just got Interview Scheduled for Monday, November 29th at Chicago Field Office!!

@CaneK keep a lookout, hope you hear something soon too!

Timeline
6 hours ago, Greg C said:

Filed March 7, 2021 - just got Interview Scheduled for Monday, November 29th at Chicago Field Office!!

Congrats! Happy that both us Canadian/Chicagoans got our interviews scheduled. Hope all the other March filers get the same soon. 

On 10/21/2021 at 3:54 PM, Greg C said:

Nice! Did you receive an email with status change? I keep checking the status every 2 days. Probably it will take more time since I am March 17 so probably November.

Timeline
17 hours ago, CaneK said:

Nice! Did you receive an email with status change? I keep checking the status every 2 days. Probably it will take more time since I am March 17 so probably November.

I have the Case Tracker app and just happened to check it mid-day. I had to manually refresh for it to switch over! Logged onto MyUSCIS and sure enough the Interview Scheduled letter was in my case as well. Didn't get an email update until the next morning. Hope you hear something soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.