Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public CONTINUED

2,920 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Meghan.brooke said:

Why havent you had your interview already? They are already into mid july...

Im sorry I thought I replied! 

I dont know😢 But my case it’s not at NVC stage yet, I sent an email to NVC just to make sure Im not missing something and they confirmed not having it yet. USCIS hasnt updated my case since Noa1 Feb 2020.

9AA997F6-6776-43A1-82F3-9211156DC93C.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Ilovecancun29 said:

I dont know😢 But my case it’s not at NVC stage yet, I sent an email to NVC just to make sure Im not missing something and they confirmed not having it yet. USCIS hasnt updated my case since Noa1 Feb 2020.

it took mine almost a month to get to NVC after USCIS approval ...its been 10 days since yours was approved ,i will recommend to call them in a couple weeks.

3 minutes ago, Ilovecancun29 said:

Ohh! I had that receipt from feb of 2020 too. I would call the uscis first to see if they sent over your case to the nvc. Its not normal to wait that long to be sent to the nvc stage, sorry!! :(

Timeline
Just now, goddy said:

it took mine almost a month to get to NVC after USCIS approval ...its been 10 days since yours was approved ,i will recommend to call them in a couple weeks.

I wishhhhhh lol Thats 2020! 🤣 its been 376 days

2 minutes ago, Ilovecancun29 said:

I wishhhhhh lol Thats 2020! 🤣 its been 376 days

Omg! Dont panic, but call them like now!! Maybe they can do something about your case to possibly expedite it if the USCIS made a mistake on THEIR end... because if they never sent it over to the NVC, they legally have to expedite it I think. But call them today!! Good luck! Let us know if you need help :)

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Meghan.brooke said:

Ohh! I had that receipt from feb of 2020 too. I would call the uscis first to see if they sent over your case to the nvc. Its not normal to wait that long to be sent to the nvc stage, sorry!! :(

I did, I tried to expedite at USCIS stage a few weeks ago 124157F2-BB71-4B07-8369-1FAAB030D225.thumb.jpeg.e52f8e0366ed066f5a5bd71fb9a4c568.jpegand their answer was.....

1 minute ago, Ilovecancun29 said:

I did, I tried to expedite at USCIS stage a few weeks ago 124157F2-BB71-4B07-8369-1FAAB030D225.thumb.jpeg.e52f8e0366ed066f5a5bd71fb9a4c568.jpegand their answer was.....

Ohh okay, so something went totally wrong with security checks! Not sure if someone involved in your case has a criminal background... maybe that's why? It takes a while for those to clear, but definitely call them today. If it can't get solved consider getting a lawyer because that sounds really strange!

9 minutes ago, Ilovecancun29 said:

Also, for future reference if you dont know, the DQed term is for when you're at the NVC stage. They'll email you saying all of your documents have been documentation qualified by the NVC and you are ready for an interview. And based off that email date is the DQ date. But the USCIS will first give you a priority date when they're done with your case and they will send it over to the NVC before you get that. Good luck!

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Meghan.brooke said:

Ohh okay, so something went totally wrong with security checks! Not sure if someone involved in your case has a criminal background... maybe that's why? It takes a while for those to clear, but definitely call them today. If it can't get solved consider getting a lawyer because that sounds really strange!

We have a normal case, I believe..

My husband is with me in Canada, US Army veteran  CAD born that received his citizenship with the Army and no record. We actually filed with a lawyer in Pittsburgh, which was pretty useless since he also charged us for a k3, later I found out that k3 are not processed  in Canada. Well we have only paid half of the fee, I’m sure that will get resolved once this process is finished. I have no criminal record either, We did got married in the US on my tourist visa and in that lapse I stayed 179 days, we moved to Canada to await this process in which I became a Canadian resident in this lapse. We both have called USCIS to try to expedite with the K3 case number which got denied obviously and last time we tried to expedite with the CR1 case number and received that email response.

To all of you that read my post from before that was deleted, where I mentioned my husband cant wait any longer I have to say that when my 180 days were up, we drove our uhaul from the US to Canada, I received a visitor permit at the border where they told me that as soon as I enter I should apply to be a resident, then a few ppl mentioned Visa Fraud if you try the other way around..........thats why I didn't see anything wrong with it! Lol

Edited by Ilovecancun29

19 minutes ago, Ilovecancun29 said:

My husband is with me in Canada, US Army veteran  CAD born that received his citizenship with the Army and no record. We actually filed with a lawyer in Pittsburgh, which was pretty useless since he also charged us for a k3, later I found out that k3 are not processed  in Canada. Well we have only paid half of the fee, I’m sure that will get resolved once this process is finished. I have no criminal record either, We did got married in the US on my tourist visa and in that lapse I stayed 179 days, we moved to Canada to await this process in which I became a Canadian resident in this lapse. We both have called USCIS to try to expedite with the K3 case number which got denied obviously and last time we tried to expedite with the CR1 case number and received that email response.

To all of you that read my post from before that was deleted, where I mentioned my husband cant wait any longer I have to say that when my 180 days were up, we drove our uhaul from the US to Canada, I received a visitor permit at the border where they told me that as soon as I enter I should apply to be a resident, then a few ppl mentioned Visa Fraud if you try the other way around..........thats why I didn't see anything wrong with it! 

You have a unique case! It possibly might be your husbands background check stuff that is taking awhile, but have no idea, sorry! :( I would just call the USCIS to see what's going on

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Ilovecancun29 said:

To all of you that read my post from before that was deleted, where I mentioned my husband cant wait any longer I have to say that when my 180 days were up, we drove our uhaul from the US to Canada, I received a visitor permit at the border where they told me that as soon as I enter I should apply to be a resident, then a few ppl mentioned Visa Fraud if you try the other way around..........thats why I didn't see anything wrong with it! Lol

Have the US spouse call USCIS (they will only speak to the US spouse) tomorrow and ask to speak to a tier 2 rep (they can actually look into the details of your case while tier 1 reps can basically only see the same as we see when we check our case status). You may have to call a few times to get someone willing to put you in the tier 2 call line (they'll call you back instead of putting you on hold), but being out of normal processing is a good reason to have your case escalated to tier 2. Our case was stuck in background checks for a few months and it turns out the issue was that their system never updated when the results of our background check were received so our case would have sat indefinitely and we never would have figured it out if my husband wasn't insistent with a tier 2 rep that they should look into our case. I'm not saying that's what's happening in your case (I have yet to come across someone who had the same issue) but calling them can help get a case unstuck if it is a system error holding it up. If it is actually waiting on background checks nothing will speed it up including an expedite. 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Timeline

Just wanted to give those who may not know a head's up that USCIS' official stance seems to be that they require a signature from the beneficiary (and only the beneficiary) when the green card is delivered. They say this in online updates and a USCIS agent confirmed this for me when I called them this morning. I personally had originally provided my in-laws address as a mailing address because I thought maybe the mail delivery would be more reliable to a house (instead of our condo building), and had a minor anxiety attack last night when I realized that if I'm not there to sign for it, the green card might be sent back to USCIS. Luckily just a couple weeks ago I had updated our mailing address to be the same as my physical address, and I just got the green card tracking information and it is indeed being delivered to our condo building. Previously I wasn't sure if I'd updated the mailing address too late for it to actually affect where my green card would be delivered.

That said, I've asked around on Visajourney and it seems that while USCIS says that they require a signature for green card delivery, in practice that doesn't seem to be the case. Most people seem to say that their delivery didn't require a signature. I don't quite get why the USCIS says one thing and does another in this case, but whatever.

tl;dr: If you provide a mailing address that's different from your physical address, if the USCIS does begin to adhere to their policy of making beneficiaries sign for their green cards on delivery, there is the potential for a problem in your green card getting delivered if you're not available to sign for it.

I just don't want anybody else to go through the stress blitz I went through the last 24 hours, especially so close to the end of the trek with your green card nearly in hand. If I'd known ahead of time there was a chance I'd have to sign for my green card, I would never have put down my in laws' address as my mailing address.

Sorry for the lengthy post.

Timeline
19 hours ago, CanadaDude said:

NVC came back to me and asked me to upload a copy of my Canadian PR card before they finally DQed me in September. It's best to be proactive and upload it to avoid any delays if you haven't been DQed yet, otherwise presenting it at the interview would be fine I would imagine.

I was DQed last year and already got the IL...

Timeline
14 hours ago, Fefe Le Pew said:

I dont believe so - I have seen some posts where Non Canadians have been approved immediately - i think it’s situation specific. We knew going in that my husband’s situation was not typical so the additional processing was not super surprising though we had prepared for it by having letters from Canadian authorities confirming his unique status and situation - I believe thats what they needed to verify and thankfully only took a day.  

And yes, I would advise you to upload your Canadian PR. NVC will require proof of status for non citizens.

Thank you for further info.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.