Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public CONTINUED

2,920 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

@pandadreams112could you please fill out your VJ timeline? 

Thanks!

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

2 minutes ago, jackanddeona said:

Approved! See below for review on my time in Montreal

I booked a room at hotel Le St-Martin. They were offering a deal and the room prices were comparable to holiday inn etc. They informed me a day before I checked in that they had renovations and I was being transferred to their other property Hotel Birks. I highly recommend this hotel but even with the current discounts in prices the rooms go for over 200 a night and was about a 10 minute walk from consulate. I highly recommend ta pies. Excellent New Zealand style meat pies.

My interview was at 7:45 this morning. Same process as many here have described to start the day. I don't feel the need to go over that but here is the list of the documents I was asked for.

- birth certificates (I was surprisingly asked for my short form certificate as well as my long form, she even wanted a copy of the short but as I didn't bring one she made it herself)

- divorce certificate

- marriage certificate

- criminal record check

- 2019 1040

I uploaded my wife's 2020 W-2 before I came and she said because she could see it she didn't need it.

Waited for my interview for probably only 10 minutes. I was asked the following question.

- When and where did you meet

- Are either of you divorced

- Do you have any kids

- What does your wife do for a living

- Where do you plan to stay when you move

Some of these questions had follow up questions based on my answer. Overall it was a smooth process and barring any unforeseen issues I am expected to have my visa in two weeks. I want to thank everyone here on the forums. Deona and I were able to go through this entire process ourselves without hiring a lawyer or a visa approval company. Not only that we had zero RFE's or issues up until this point and that was only possible due to the work of people like @Hawk Riders and @DGF for example (the creator of the tracking spreadsheet and the manager of the FAQ/guide). Many others were helpful as well but I definitely wanted to give those two specifically a shout out and thanks. If anyone has questions for me don't hesitate to dm me. I know I did to a few people when they posted reviews and I had questions.

Yayyy many congratulations!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2/10/2021 at 9:37 PM, Balpreet said:

Hello  everyone I saw I got interview on 22 march dq is 8 july. My pcc is expiring on 7 march . Should i update on ceac or bring it on interview day. Thanks and good luck to all

Also, complete your timeline here: https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=370893

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So when I cross at a POE with my visa, I really don't need any sort of form with all my possessions on it?  I know what the FAQ says, I just want to know what the border folks have said about other people when they move.  The FAQ also says that the border people will be friendly when you're in secondary, and I can't fathom it because I've always found land crossings to be very intimidating and I've done dozens of them 😛

Timeline
2 minutes ago, legendqueue said:

So when I cross at a POE with my visa, I really don't need any sort of form with all my possessions on it?  I know what the FAQ says, I just want to know what the border folks have said about other people when they move.  The FAQ also says that the border people will be friendly when you're in secondary, and I can't fathom it because I've always found land crossings to be very intimidating and I've done dozens of them 😛

Depends on where you cross. I found the lower mainland crossings to be fairly serious, maybe because they have such a high volume. Every land crossing I have done between Alberta and Montana has been stress free and very quick. As far as the list I will be making one but I doubt they will want it.

Edit: Also side note I contacted my POE and they told me not to pre fill the vehicle import forms as in their words "You will get it wrong and have to fill them out again here." haha

Edited by jackanddeona

Timeline
29 minutes ago, legendqueue said:

We weren’t asked for a form when we crossed at Peace Bridge. I had the supplemental form filled out because our stuff was coming by Upack. They asked us specific questions like if we had certain kinds of food or tobacco in the car. And they asked if we were moving that day. The agent at the border was nice but to the point. The agent in secondary was over the top friendly LOL. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Farv said:

Hello! 
I have a quick question regarding the curfew in Montreal. Those of you who have had your interviews did you run into any trouble because of the imposed curfew? Is there anything that I need to be aware of for my upcoming interview in March?

Thank you! 

I planned my whole trip to avoid being out after curfew. The hotel staff informed me I wasn't even allowed in the lobby after curfew. I did have a discussion with my uber driver on the way to the airport today and he mentioned they are still running and if they are pulled over it is up to the passenger to explain why they are out. Most of the flights operate within the curfew so it should be easy to avoid. Not sure if I would want to attempt to risk it. It ends at 5 am so other than maybe wanting food late (most hotels have room service they operate during curfew) it doesn't really affect you as there isn't really anything to do at the moment.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Farv said:

Hello! 
I have a quick question regarding the curfew in Montreal. Those of you who have had your interviews did you run into any trouble because of the imposed curfew? Is there anything that I need to be aware of for my upcoming interview in March?

Thank you! 

Curfew is very strict and there are police on the street who will stop and challenge you, fine you, etc.  Hotel rules are that you can't loiter in common areas but you can move through common areas if there is a purpose, eg going to front desk to pick up something.  Many hotels including mine won't deliver room service to rooms and you need to go to the front desk to pick it up.  Food delivery services eg Doordash, Uber Eats, etc. are exempt from the curfew as is Uber and cabs.  Restaurants that provide delivery seemed to be generally open after the curfew time; I got food delivery at 10:30pm.

If someone could possibly help me. So my husband has moved and changed jobs since last filling out his DS-260. Will he need to fill out a new one, or will the officer just simply ask him if there is any new information? If he does need to fill a new one out, how do you go about doing so? Also, I will need to fill out a new I-864 I guess as well, do I need to reupload them into CEAC or can he bring the new forms to his interview? Thanks! 

Timeline
47 minutes ago, Farv said:

Hello! 

Thank you! 

In our experience just last week we had zero issues.  Our flight arrived at 10PM in Montreal.  It was no problem getting an Uber and the topic of curfew didn't even come up.  We also had to leave our air bnb by 4:30AM to get the airport to head home and once again, no issues.  Other than that we just did all our walking during the day and made sure to order supper before 8PM.

On 2/11/2021 at 11:39 AM, Allis0n said:

I brought photos, chat logs, and emails, but they didn't ask for it at my interview and I think it was overkill. All the printing out and filing I think I was doing as a sort of salve for my pre-interview anxiety, and really not necessary.

Good luck tomorrow!

I think I was doing the exact same thing. I guess it’s just part of the mental process for some. Interview went well, approved! Thank you for sharing your experience 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.