Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public CONTINUED

2,920 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jay&Sid said:

@sjb17

Is there any quarantine requitement in US?

From what's currently being shared online, there's currently no enforceable quarantine requirement upon entering the US but the CDC does recommend a 7-day quarantine following international travel and the new executive order is asking people to follow these CDC guidelines. That's the extent of what's being shared as of today - it could change as the executive order has only come into effect today. You can read more here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/travel/2021/01/26/us-quarantine-international-arrivals-covid/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Jay&Sid said:

@sjb17

Is there any quarantine requitement in US?

Depends on the State. 
https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/us-state-travel-restrictions-covid-19/index.html

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

45 minutes ago, CrystalNeufeld said:

So, even with land borders being essential only they let you through? He tried a land border and they turned him away and even tried to say it could cancel his immigration process for trying. 

She said that and then came back out and said her supervisor said that it wouldnt because he didnt file from the US. So it scared us to death. 

In my case- I travelled in June the instant the borders opened to immediate relatives. Was pulled over, and questioned. The border guards didn’t even know the border was open yet- (was at the border less then 8 hours after the CAN gov stated it was open to immeadiate relatives)- but when they checked my story with their supervisor he said that I was legally allowed to travel, as I was deemed essential because He was my spouse and a US citizen. ( not sure if that makes a difference) That was the only time I was questioned. The other 2 visits I was waved through with the usual questions even when I stated I was going to be gone for 2.5 months. (Aug/Sept, and Nov-Jan) I haven’t travelled under the new US administrations regulations yet. I think I will need proof of a negative test to cross the next visit. 

On 1/25/2021 at 3:55 PM, Nikasalts said:

Thank you. 

My husband is essential in US but I can work remotely and my daughters school is mostly online. 

Do they never give you troubles when you say you work from US? Customs tried to catch me on this once then I told them I travel with my laptop because I work from US....I don't know what's the right answer to this. I obviously work for my Canadian employer. 

I've never had them ask on either side for either of us, they generally just ask how long I'm staying (or she's staying) and where we're going (her house/my house) and let us go. Sometimes they will harass us though (like one time the border guard aggressively asked why I couldn't just marry an American and asking if I "routinely" search for people from other countries to marry, having me explain how we met and everything and seeming irate about how when I found out she was from Canada I didn't just stop talking to her). He eventually let me go but he seemed really upset with the fact I was married to someone from Canada.

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Sparkie said:

I've never had them ask on either side for either of us, they generally just ask how long I'm staying (or she's staying) and where we're going (her house/my house) and let us go. Sometimes they will harass us though (like one time the border guard aggressively asked why I couldn't just marry and asking if I "routinely" search for people from other countries to marry, having me explain how we met and everything and seeming irate about how when I found out she was from Canada I didn't just stop talking to her). He eventually let me go but he seemed really upset with the fact I was married to someone from Canada.

Lol.....I get then notion often.....as if just couldn't find a husband in Canada :) 

Every time I cross I get asked about my work though....never bothered me too much but I never planned on staying few months. Fingers crossed :)

6 minutes ago, Nikasalts said:

Lol.....I get then notion often.....as if just couldn't find a husband in Canada :) 

Every time I cross I get asked about my work though....never bothered me too much but I never planned on staying few months. Fingers crossed :)

43 minutes ago, Sparkie said:

I've never had them ask on either side for either of us, they generally just ask how long I'm staying (or she's staying) and where we're going (her house/my house) and let us go. Sometimes they will harass us though (like one time the border guard aggressively asked why I couldn't just marry an American and asking if I "routinely" search for people from other countries to marry, having me explain how we met and everything and seeming irate about how when I found out she was from Canada I didn't just stop talking to her). He eventually let me go but he seemed really upset with the fact I was married to someone from Canada.

Oh, my goodness!

Luckily, I have mostly had good experiences at the border going to visit him in Calgary. 
Sometimes a border agent that asked so many questions that I wondered if they’d ask about our sex life next but never rude. 
I went to visit in December and the airports were so dead. I was asked what I do for work and when I told him I was a substance use therapist I think I literally stood there 10 minutes as he talked about his opinion on marijuana and then told me not to worry, he still does his job. 😂😂

Timeline
35 minutes ago, CrystalNeufeld said:

How do I and should I get added to the spreadsheet that shows DQ dates?

Thank you.

@Hawk Riders should be able to answer/help with this question for you.  Just ensure your timeline is up to date.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Regarding the "Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa Data from visajourney.com" spreadsheet, directions are clearly stated on pages within the workbook:

EDITS ONLY BY DOCUMENT OWNER; UPDATE YOUR VJ TIMELINE THEN SEND A VJ MESSAGE TO BE INCLUDED!

DO NOT REQUEST DOCUMENT ACCESS

JOIN VISAJOURNEY.COM & MESSAGE @Hawk Riders

Cheers.

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

4 minutes ago, Hawk Riders said:

Regarding the "Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa Data from visajourney.com" spreadsheet, directions are clearly stated on pages within the workbook:

EDITS ONLY BY DOCUMENT OWNER; UPDATE YOUR VJ TIMELINE THEN SEND A VJ MESSAGE TO BE INCLUDED!

DO NOT REQUEST DOCUMENT ACCESS

JOIN VISAJOURNEY.COM & MESSAGE @Hawk Riders

Cheers.

Oops. Did not see that. I have creeped on this page for a while but still figuring out how to navigate it, lol. 

Timeline

Hello,

My husband just got done with interview this morning. He was there for about1.5 hour (8:45 to 10:30). He was given 221g as we didn't have most recent Police Report. He did asked about refusal and he was told to upload police certificate in Ceac. He will get visa after 4 week. He was told if he had police report, he would have been approved. We did both Medical and police report on Jan 21st. Medical report was sent yesterday and seems like they got. There were about 12 other people in the lobby. He was interviewed by guy and he said lady on other window was asking alot more questions. He was not asked many question and interview felt like conversation.

1. Where does she works?

2. When and where did you get married?

3. Who was at ceremony?

4. Since he is on work permit, he was asked what is he doing in Canada. He is in pharmacy profession. What is he planning on doing in US? He just said planning on continuing working in pharmacy. He was told he has good profile.

5. What was my income. He spent alot of time looking at W2 and tax return. Apparently, income on W2 was more something like that. Need to change my tax guy.

Hopefully we will get police report by this Friday. He also told my husband if he had police certificate, he would have been approved. But i also seen police from india being in some sort of administrative processing so we will see.

Thank everyone on vjourney for helping. Saved alot money because of you guys and you guys made process much easier.

Thanks

Sonam and Jassi

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Skaur0609 said:

Hello,

My husband just got done with interview this morning. He was there for about1.5 hour (8:45 to 10:30). He was given 221g as we didn't have most recent Police Report. He did asked about refusal and he was told to upload police certificate in Ceac. He will get visa after 4 week. He was told if he had police report, he would have been approved. We did both Medical and police report on Jan 21st. Medical report was sent yesterday and seems like they got. There were about 12 other people in the lobby. He was interviewed by guy and he said lady on other window was asking alot more questions. He was not asked many question and interview felt like conversation.

1. Where does she works?

2. When and where did you get married?

3. Who was at ceremony?

4. Since he is on work permit, he was asked what is he doing in Canada. He is in pharmacy profession. What is he planning on doing in US? He just said planning on continuing working in pharmacy. He was told he has good profile.

5. What was my income. He spent alot of time looking at W2 and tax return. Apparently, income on W2 was more something like that. Need to change my tax guy.

Hopefully we will get police report by this Friday. He also told my husband if he had police certificate, he would have been approved. But i also seen police from india being in some sort of administrative processing so we will see.

Thank everyone on vjourney for helping. Saved alot money because of you guys and you guys made process much easier.

Thanks

Sonam and Jassi

Had his initial police report expired because it was over a year? 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, bort_s said:

Had his initial police report expired because it was over a year? 

Yes, his report expired back in November. He was stuck in India because of Covid. He got to Canada on Jan 6th and had to quarantine. As soon as quarantine was done, we did the report. We were told police report will take 10 days.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, jackanddeona said:

I went to see Dr. Cheema in Surrey yesterday and here is my review:

I stayed at the Best Western on King George Highway. It was the closest hotel to the office. It was decent although the road noise and heater turning on kept waking me up (I was a little nervous about being late so that might have contributed as well). It was about a 10 minute drive to the office of Dr. Cheema from there. My appointment was at 7 am so I arrived at 6:55 and the doors were already open. They gave me some paperwork to fill out, took my picture, scanned my id and confirmed my vaccines. Then, after a 10 minute wait, I was taken in to the clinic where they weighed and measured me. I waited about one minute for Dr. Cheema in the room. He came in quickly and was very concerned with getting the medical done as quickly as possible. Checked vision, breathing, and asked me some medical history questions. Overall very quick and painless. Took about 5 minutes.

After that was done I received the forms required for bloodwork, urine test and chest x-ray. I would recommend if you are not driving to Surrey to rent a car. There was about 15 minutes of driving between the 3 locations so would have extended the day quite a bit to have to walk or wait for rides. Both other tests were very simple. I did not sign up for the wait list for blood tests as some other posters have recommended. I figured being so early in the morning I wouldn't have an issue and I was correct. It took about 15 minutes to get blood done. That being said there was a waitlist forming after I left so later appointments should take advantage of it. The x-ray lab parking is behind the building itself, took me a bit to find. The x-ray was very simple and quick as well. Overall the experience was fairly painless and about an hour and a half but I was lucky with the early time of my appointment.

I will be doing my medical with Dr. Cheema as well in a couple months when I get my interview letter. What all did you have to bring with you when you went? I had heard you need to bring a copy of your medical records and passport pictures with you but with covid I’m wondering if they’re still requiring you to bring in all the paperwork and physical passport pictures. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.