Kuneesa

I-751 January 2021 Filers

1,019 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey guys,

my case is since Dec 2021 on "ready to be scheduled for a interview". We just got overseas orders (May 2023) and my extension letter will expire end of January 2023. What is the next step to take in case I don't get to do the interview till January? 

20 minutes ago, Erlenfee said:

What is the next step to take in case I don't get to do the interview till January?

1.  Call USCIS, say "InfoPass", ask for an appointment to get I-551 ADIT stamp, and make sure to get the stamp before you move overseas on military orders.

2.  If your spouse's overseas assignment will last for a year or more, consider applying for N-400 under INA 319(b) before you leave, if you are interested in naturalization.  No need to wait for 3 years of LPR status and marriage if filing under 319(b).

On 9/23/2022 at 7:40 AM, MrsB2212 said:

This is exactly what happened. 

I passed the civics and all for  naturalisation, and signed about I understand the oath and what I will pledge should I take it, but he said decision cannot be made as I-751 is still pending , and he cannot see the file, he can only see the N400 which he was happy with. 

so I did not get a “combo” interview, only n400. 

so the wait continues 

so what do we do about the pending I - 751? Do we have to attend other interview? I dont know this is so confusing?. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally received the text message from USCIS (WAC) about new card being produced. My timeline

October 21, 2022 New Card Is Being Produced
September 7, 2022 We received your response for Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.
August 8, 2022 We sent a request for additional evidence for your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.
July 13, 2022 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, were taken.
January 7, 2021 We received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 10/20/2022 at 9:33 PM, saga1 said:

Finally received the text message from USCIS (WAC) about new card being produced. My timeline

October 21, 2022 New Card Is Being Produced
September 7, 2022 We received your response for Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.
August 8, 2022 We sent a request for additional evidence for your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.
July 13, 2022 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, were taken.
January 7, 2021 We received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.

Congrats!

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

Received a letter from USCIs this morning to be sure to bring your spouse to the interview. I guess that's as much of a confirmation that it will be a combo interview.

x

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2022 at 1:50 PM, Scott Br said:

Received a letter from USCIs this morning to be sure to bring your spouse to the interview. I guess that's as much of a confirmation that it will be a combo interview.

Interview last Thursday. They brought me back for the first part of the interview to clear the I751 and when I left they completed the Citizenship interview with my wife. Both were approved and we are now awaiting the Oath ceremony to be scheduled.

x

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2022 at 5:08 AM, Scott Br said:

Interview last Thursday. They brought me back for the first part of the interview to clear the I751 and when I left they completed the Citizenship interview with my wife. Both were approved and we are now awaiting the Oath ceremony to be scheduled.

I was just wondering how long does it take to receive letter for oath ceremony after approval of I751 and 400? please let me know

17 hours ago, Sweetyp said:

I was just wondering how long does it take to receive letter for oath ceremony after approval of I751 and 400? please let me know

Interview was on Nov 3. Oath ceremony is scheduled for next Monday, Nov 28. It may have been scheduled a few days earlier, but I'm sure Thanksgiving impacted the timing.

x

11 minutes ago, Scott Br said:

Interview was on Nov 3. Oath ceremony is scheduled for next Monday, Nov 28. It may have been scheduled a few days earlier, but I'm sure Thanksgiving impacted the timing.

Oath ceremony invitation letter, we received it online 2 weeks ago, and the physical letter last week.

x

4 hours ago, Scott Br said:

Oath ceremony invitation letter, we received it online 2 weeks ago, and the physical letter last week.

oh thank you. I had my interview on Oct 28 the status says oath ceremony will be scheduled but then no updates. I am guessing it will be sometimes after December 1st week due to thanks giving weekend. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/29/2022 at 3:53 AM, Sweetyp said:

so what do we do about the pending I - 751? Do we have to attend other interview? I dont know this is so confusing?.

My n400 interview was in sept  this year and they said  they could not make a decision  at that time  😩 but I did pass my civics and English and it was noted on my form. 

Today I got a notice that my Oath ceremony has been booked and ceremony notice  has sent in the mail.  

I heard absolutely nothing in between and nothing on the I-751 filed over a year ago. 

So guys , does this  mean n400 has been approved and I don’t need to worry about I- 751 process?

Please let me know if anyone you has any experience of this - Seattle office. 

thanks 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello all, 

Question for applicants in Houston, TX. 

Has anyone who was initially scheduled for an I-751 biometric appointment at the Houston ASC office  (on Highway 6 South, Sugarland TX ) had to reschedule their appointment? 

Missed the first biometric appointment and tried to walk in but they didn’t allow, so called USCIS on 11/25/2022 to reschedule. 

Received an email from USCIS on 12/5/2022 that request has been placed in rescheduling queue. 

I’m curious how long the wait is to get a new appointment date? 

What was the timeline from when they placed you back in the rescheduling queue to when you received the appointment letter in the mail to the new appointment date? 

Thank you.

Timeline: 

Receipt number: SRC**********

Priority date: 11/26/2021

Transferred to NBC: 2/17/2022

Biometrics appointment: 11/22/2022 (Missed the appointment)… waiting to be rescheduled.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.