NWTN

Lost EAD card, possible job offer

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey guys! I’m freaking out! 
I traveled across the state for the holidays and now I got back and I realized my whole purse is gone. (WITH THE WORK PERMIT IN). I have no idea where it is and I have barely cell service or internet due to the Nashville bomb. 
I’m mostly freaking out cause I applied at a Company and already had 2 interviews with them and I think a job offer is very possible next week. We need the money..
Now what do I do? 
Do they need the actual hard copy card or would a photo be ok for now? How can I get around ordering a new card? I’m scared they will pull back the job offer if they have to wait months to replace it. 
I recently had my greencard interview and sent in more proof. so I’m waiting for that card as well. But who knows when that’ll happen. 
Do I replace the ead card? How long does it take? 
I’m all over the place, I had a very rough weekend. On top of a young family member passing on Christmas Day I lost my work permit I can’t believe it. 
Please someone enlighten me. Any advice would be appreciated. I’m still hoping it shows up as soon as cell service is back on. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Fee waiver depends on your financial situation. GC sounds like the best bet, assuming you do not find the EAD

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Thank you! I will look into that. I’m pretty sure it was stolen. I hope the GC gets here soon. They received the reply on the 18th this month. Didn’t think 2020 could get any worse. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

When I first got my job, HR just asked me to email them a front and back picture of my GC. They never asked for the actual card. I assume, the same can be applied with the EAD, provided it's still valid. You can then wait and renew when it's window opens, have the actual card and avoid paying $$ for replacement. 

When does your EAD expire?

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline

Thank you so much!! That gives me hope it’ll work out. I just got the EAD in November. It expires in November 21 I assume. I have a picture of the front of it. I read into the I-9 verify thing employers fill out and I would have all the information.  
The idea with the renewal I’ll keep in mind! 

Once you get your green card you wont need your EAD. If you have a picture of it and a social Security card with no restrictions and your 1197 approval letter I think you would be all set. Hopefully your green card gets approved shortly. If you apply for a new one it could be months before they print it out and send it to. you. This is the reason I told my wife not to carry her cards around with her. I know what the law says but the chances of her getting stopped are slim and none. She was here for 24 years without papers and never got challenged. Take a picture of the card (front and back) and leave it in your wallet.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Wait for your green card to arrive.  You wont need EAD once you receive it, and you will be free not only to work, but to travel in and out of the States.  Hope it arrives soon, think positive! 🤞

Timeline

Thank y’all so much. You’ve been a great help. And I just got a notice that they started working on my RFE. Yes I know, I first had it at the house but recently started driving for Uber eats and thought I would have to carry it with me. But from now on I will rather pay a small fine than bringing it everywhere..  lesson learned I guess.. 

18 hours ago, NWTN said:

How do I know if the filing fee is required? I filed it with the greencard where no fee was required. Or would that be the fee waiver? 

Filing fee is required if you are requesting a replacement cause you lost it or cant find it. No fee rule does not apply in your case due to you losing the card. it as not an USCIS fault/error 

duh

Timeline

Thanks everyone! Little update:

The purse and also the card is back! The night manager of the Restaurant stole it, the police looked at the cameras and they have a warrant out for him now. The district manager went through the dumpster and found it after a week being in there.  

everyone thank you for the help! 

7 minutes ago, NWTN said:

Thanks everyone! Little update:

The purse and also the card is back! The night manager of the Restaurant stole it, the police looked at the cameras and they have a warrant out for him now. The district manager went through the dumpster and found it after a week being in there.  

everyone thank you for the help! 

Great news! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.