Crtcl Rice Theory

‘Prepare for war’: A local GOP official goes all-in with election conspiracy theories

180 posts in this topic

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

Neat.

I realize I must be very careful with my words for all the tough guys here.....but yes, it is neat. Such a shame that facts don't care about the feelings of Trump and his supporters

What about Genghis Khan? He was a pretty ruthless leader, no angel. Trump's administration doesn't even get close to that kind of bloodshed. We need to keep things in perspective. 😛

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

I'll be sure to let you know when I see any facts. Until then, neat.

It's very clear facts are not your friend, so I am not surprised you are having a hard time finding them. I get it, sometimes our preferred candidate does not win election. When it's supporters of Trump they need fairy stories like birtherism and "stolen elections" to keep them feeling warm and emotionally centered.

Hey - it's a short life, we all have to do what it takes

29 minutes ago, Bettie Page said:

It's very clear facts are not your friend, so I am not surprised you are having a hard time finding them. I get it, sometimes our preferred candidate does not win election. When it's supporters of Trump they need fairy stories like birtherism and "stolen elections" to keep them feeling warm and emotionally centered.

Hey - it's a short life, we all have to do what it takes

I see text heavy on vitriol and sort of all over the place but solely about Trump supporters and completely absent facts on the issue discussed. Not very compelling in the care department. Best of luck with whatever it is that ails you. 🙂

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Timeline
1 hour ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

I see text heavy on vitriol and sort of all over the place but solely about Trump supporters and completely absent facts on the issue discussed. Not very compelling in the care department. Best of luck with whatever it is that ails you. 🙂

vitriol? I am laughing! This will never stop being funny to me!

Even Lou Dobbs has been forced to walk back the kind of nonsense that gets repeated in this thread. I guess Fox's legal department has been very busy and prefer not being sued. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, laylalex said:

What about Genghis Khan? He was a pretty ruthless leader, no angel. Trump's administration doesn't even get close to that kind of bloodshed. We need to keep things in perspective. 😛

To be fair, G Kahn unified the written language of the Mongol people, practiced meritocracy, encouraged  religious tolerance and improved the life of his subjects compared to the prior leaders. Trump did none of those things but he didn't kill 20-40 million people, so it balances out kinna.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 12/19/2020 at 8:25 AM, moxy said:

Clinton called Trump immediately to concede. Obama followed up acknowledging Trump's win, and urged Americans to support the new President-elect. The Obamas invited the Trumps to the White House for a tour and dinner, exchanged gifts, and Trump himself even said the Obamas were welcoming and gracious. The Obama transition was as normal as it gets, and it continued an unbroken until now tradition since Washington.

Why is so important to the left that Trump concede? I'm not buying into "its the gracious thing to do" bit, If Trump concedes, it would be like acknowledging that Biden won fairly, for which he did NOT.

I just don't see Trump conceding, and I think his base would be angry if he did.. Only a fool would concede to a rigged contest, I know I wouldn't, it would be like losing in a marathon to a guy who drove his car half way and later congratulating him.

6 hours ago, nykolos said:

Why is so important to the left that Trump concede? I'm not buying into "its the gracious thing to do" bit, If Trump concedes, it would be like acknowledging that Biden won fairly, for which he did NOT.

I just don't see Trump conceding, and I think his base would be angry if he did.. Only a fool would concede to a rigged contest, I know I wouldn't, it would be like losing in a marathon to a guy who drove his car half way and later congratulating him.

Exactly this right here...

6 hours ago, nykolos said:

Serious question: if Obama had refused to concede to Trump, would you have had nothing to say about that? Would you really have just shrugged your shoulders and said "hey whatever, that's his prerogative." Do you think there would be no topics from right-wing members of this forum about Obama refusing to concede? You wonder why it's so important to the left, but it's also important to the right.

Part of the peaceful transfer of power that makes the United States part of a small club in the world is that we have a tradition of Presidents graciously accepting defeat and welcoming the incoming President with open arms. Right or left. Everybody gets that this is not required by law. But it is an expected norm. You would have expected it from Obama, so just put yourself in the other side's shoes.

44 minutes ago, moxy said:

Serious question: if Obama had refused to concede to Trump, would you have had nothing to say about that? Would you really have just shrugged your shoulders and said "hey whatever, that's his prerogative." Do you think there would be no topics from right-wing members of this forum about Obama refusing to concede? You wonder why it's so important to the left, but it's also important to the right.

Part of the peaceful transfer of power that makes the United States part of a small club in the world is that we have a tradition of Presidents graciously accepting defeat and welcoming the incoming President with open arms. Right or left. Everybody gets that this is not required by law. But it is an expected norm. You would have expected it from Obama, so just put yourself in the other side's shoes.

That's why Biden was told numerous times by different people "Never concede the election". So I get why Trump is not conceding nor should he concede I think

1 minute ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

That's why Biden was told numerous times by different people "Never concede the election". So I get why Trump is not conceding nor should he concede I think

Different context, and why care about what Hillary Clinton has to say? Most Democrats don't anymore. It's a red herring, and you should hold yourself to a higher standard than Hillary Clinton. In any case, she was telling Biden not to concede if there was some kind of Bush v Gore situation, not to *never* concede.

Also, Biden is not the President.

I ask again (serious question): if Obama had refused to concede to Trump, would you have had nothing to say about that? Would you really have just shrugged your shoulders and said "hey whatever, that's his prerogative." Do you think there would be no topics from right-wing members of this forum about Obama refusing to concede? You wonder why it's so important to the left, but it's also important to the right.

I mean, of all issues we disagree on, it should be relatively easy for all of us to agree that the President (any president, all presidents) should concede when they've lost the election. This is a pretty non-partisan issue.

1 hour ago, moxy said:

Different context, and why care about what Hillary Clinton has to say? Most Democrats don't anymore. It's a red herring, and you should hold yourself to a higher standard than Hillary Clinton. In any case, she was telling Biden not to concede if there was some kind of Bush v Gore situation, not to *never* concede.

Also, Biden is not the President.

I ask again (serious question): if Obama had refused to concede to Trump, would you have had nothing to say about that? Would you really have just shrugged your shoulders and said "hey whatever, that's his prerogative." Do you think there would be no topics from right-wing members of this forum about Obama refusing to concede? You wonder why it's so important to the left, but it's also important to the right.

I mean, of all issues we disagree on, it should be relatively easy for all of us to agree that the President (any president, all presidents) should concede when they've lost the election. This is a pretty non-partisan issue.

I never saw Trump as someone who would concede. He is a poor loser and worse, he equates being a poor loser with being a winner. The inability to accept defeat may have helped him force his way to victory in some other scenarios but it won't change anything this time. He lost and he created a whole fictitious alternate reality around voter fraud. He sits in the oval office and pouts and discusses martial law as a means of keeping power. I mean who is really surprised by any of that.  

It's over, but Trump still lacks any degree of decorum. It's the reason people voted to get rid of the guy. If he had even a little, he might have actually been in a position to compete for a second term. I don't expect to see any surface now. He's going to make the next month as uncomfortable as possible for everyone, and he's willing to take America down with him. He is who we thought he was.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

this is vj today
someone-on-the-internet-is-wrong2.jpg?im

Edited by Ban Hammer

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!