supportdesk

K-1 Lawsuit has been filed in federal court today

203 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Ollieh97 said:

The lawyers sent out email templates for plaintiffs to contact the embassies/nvc. There is a status hearing December 3rd and I’m sure there will be conversations with the plaintiffs lawyers and government lawyers before then. It will come down to weather or not the government want to litigate this case now that the injunction was partially granted. In regards to them liaising with the DOS to have the decision enforced, there isn’t anything to enforce as the judge didn’t order them to process visas, just told them they can’t use the travel ban excuse.

I see... and is your lawyer confident about your visa being processed any time soon?

And overall, are you satisfied with his services? I’m asking because I booked an appointment with him tomorrow to discuss my case (not related to your lawsuit)...

14 minutes ago, Gatekeeper said:

I see... and is your lawyer confident about your visa being processed any time soon?

And overall, are you satisfied with his services? I’m asking because I booked an appointment with him tomorrow to discuss my case (not related to your lawsuit)...

I think all 3 of the lawyers working on our case have done a great job representing us. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Hey, can we maybe keep it more broad and not mention specifics on what they're actually doing outside of the group? That'd be super cool.

EDIT: This wasn't aimed at the two posts talking about how awesome our lawyers are. They're great. You should go with them. It was aimed at the stuff before that.

Edited by sl1pstream

8 hours ago, sl1pstream said:

Hey, can we maybe keep it more broad and not mention specifics on what they're actually doing outside of the group? That'd be super cool.

EDIT: This wasn't aimed at the two posts talking about how awesome our lawyers are. They're great. You should go with them. It was aimed at the stuff before that.

What exactly is the problem? Everything I said is what was said in the Facebook live video on Thursday.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

if the lawyers were so great they would not have had to ask the plaintiffs for help compiling prior years data  and statistics on the K1 visa's like they did in the video . IMHO that struck me as typical poor service.

on another note I thought  most of the Consulates had resumed interviewing for K1's.  I have seen posts of people going through the  Bangkok consulate getting interviews and approved in Oct and Nov.  But Thailand has Covid under control.  

Timeline
On 11/24/2020 at 1:39 PM, elkski said:

on another note I thought  most of the Consulates had resumed interviewing for K1's.

They didn't. They're using the proclamations as an excuse to not process them. Have you read anything about this case?

Timeline

Plaintiffs only, in travel banned countries, as predicted. I hope people are ready to sue again. Does this mean that there's going to be another mass-delete of these threads?

• Ban Hammer changed the title to K-1 Lawsuit has been filed in federal court today
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Tracer6158 said:

the thread the above was in has been merged with this existing thread.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
22 hours ago, YueQian said:

Yeah it doesn't say much, they just pass the ball to the consulates, while consulates say they have to wait for DoS' order.

Yes it does.

It literally says that named plaintiffs in proclamation countries should immediately contact them for an interview. Those who aren't named plaintiffs in those countries still won't get processed until the end of the proclamations. For people outside of those countries nothing changed for now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
10 minutes ago, sl1pstream said:

Yes it does.

It literally says that named plaintiffs in proclamation countries should immediately contact them for an interview. Those who aren't named plaintiffs in those countries still won't get processed until the end of the proclamations. For people outside of those countries nothing changed for now.

It doesnt say how the consulate should handle it though. Anyone at P3 stage can always contact them for an interview, thats not a privilege of any kind... the consulates can just say "cant do K1 interviews while routine services are suspended, we don't know when we'll resume" like they've always said. 

I havent heard of a plaintiff contacting their consulate and successfully getting an interview or even a definitive answer. What did your consulate say?

Timeline
17 minutes ago, YueQian said:

It doesnt say how the consulate should handle it though. Anyone at P3 stage can always contact them for an interview, thats not a privilege of any kind... the consulates can just say "cant do K1 interviews while routine services are suspended, we don't know when we'll resume" like they've always said. 

I havent heard of a plaintiff contacting their consulate and successfully getting an interview or even a definitive answer. What did your consulate say?

Today was Thanksgiving, so consulates were closed and the guidance was issued after they closed the day before. Not a clue yet, considering that no one was at the consulates and able to answer emails yet.

There have been plaintiffs who have been contacted by their consulates for interviews since the order.

Edited by sl1pstream

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.