Calimay

Milligan Vs. Pompeo Ruling

165 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, EricLT said:

I would suggest waiting a little bit and not to sue individually. If the judge agrees to make his original ruling universally applies to all k1, you won't need to sue. 

I mean, for people in similar situations to me, we have no choice but to wait. However, if you can afford it then go for an individual mandamus so you can increase your chances of getting to your loved one sooner, but personally I'd wait it out and see what he says. I think the 4th March is when there's a meeting with the Judge, but I'm not sure if this is just a briefing or if the Judge will give any final decisions. Either way, it's just another date we got to feel hopeful towards and try and get by until then. 

Timeline
12 hours ago, EricLT said:

March 4th is just for status updates. It's not the time he will give decisions 

Oh. 😧 Do you know if they even have a date for the decisions?   

Timeline

does anyone know the email for consulate for London? It says this on their website "There is at present no general embassy email address; nor is there an email address for visa enquiries." but I need to email them regarding round 3 approval. also congrats to all round 3 couples!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
3 hours ago, EricLT said:

Anyone knows how their update form works? Do I just keep putting new info in the "additional information" box and send? 

If it's the same one as for round one and two(?) you first fill out your names and which consulate your case is at, then you choose what stage the case is at and the additional information box is for whatever other information (if any) you want to share with them. ☺️

Timeline
14 hours ago, sillylilly said:

does anyone know the email for consulate for London? It says this on their website "There is at present no general embassy email address; nor is there an email address for visa enquiries." but I need to email them regarding round 3 approval. also congrats to all round 3 couples!

This is the only one I know of LondonInfoUnit@state.gov

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
11 minutes ago, stuckonyou said:

If it's the same one as for round one and two(?) you first fill out your names and which consulate your case is at, then you choose what stage the case is at and the additional information box is for whatever other information (if any) you want to share with them. ☺️

It's the same form. So every time you have new information (ex. Response from the embassy) you just copy and paste to the additional information box? 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, A&D25612 said:

Have the lawyers given any indication as to when the judge might give his answer on the motion about it applying to ALL k1s, not just plaintiffs? 

They haven't even filed this motion. I think next week they will ask to add South Africa and then another motion to make original ruling universal. Not sure if they are filed at the same time 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
9 minutes ago, EricLT said:

It's the same form. So every time you have new information (ex. Response from the embassy) you just copy and paste to the additional information box? 

Yeah, exactly, or just summarize what they said works too, I think. As long as they know what's going on with your case. ☺️

If the embassy should be difficult in some way or say something weird copy and paste would probably be good, though, so they can share the exact words from the embassy with the government lawyer and the judge.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, EricLT said:

They haven't even filed this motion. I think next week they will ask to add South Africa and then another motion to make original ruling universal. Not sure if they are filed at the same time 

Ah okay, thanks. So probably quite the wait then. A few weeks at the least I'm guessing  😥

Timeline
9 minutes ago, stuckonyou said:

Yeah, exactly, or just summarize what they said works too, I think. As long as they know what's going on with your case. ☺️

If the embassy should be difficult in some way or say something weird copy and paste would probably be good, though, so they can share the exact words from the embassy with the government lawyer and the judge.

I emailed the embassy and they said they haven't received an updated plaintiff list yet from DOS. How long did yours take? 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

It took a couple days for State to send an updated list to the embassies after the judge officially added us in round 2.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.