Kennycat

N 400

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello everyone, I filled my N400 early August and have been expecting my biometric letter or interview and this exactly what I received today. Can anyone who fell in the same shoe with me enlighten me like how long should I be expecting for my interview mail.  

New.jpg1.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

We got the same notice for our AOS, they are just saying you wont be calling in for new fingerprinting as they have a copy they will still use for background checks and verification when you come in for your interview when it is scheduled.

2 hours ago, Kennycat said:

Hello everyone, I filled my N400 early August and have been expecting my biometric letter or interview and this exactly what I received today. Can anyone who fell in the same shoe with me enlighten me like how long should I be expecting for my interview mail.  

New.jpg1.jpg

you filed it a week ago and are asking when you get interview. ?  It will be a couple of months

duh

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
6 minutes ago, James120383 said:

you filed it a week ago and are asking when you get interview. ?  It will be a couple of months

This never ends on VJ. 

2 hours ago, Kennycat said:

New.jpg1.jpg

Self-explanatory. What don't you understand?

You are lucky to have just filed and USCIS already responded that they will be reusing your fingerprints. So you're atleast a step ahead of most filers. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

12 hours ago, Kennycat said:

New.jpg1.jpg

No one can really say for sure as each person's case is different. Also, it depends on how fast your field office is working on their cases and the officer handling your case.

To give you an example, my friend and I are from the same city and she filed March 2020. She still hasn't heard from our field office. Her biometrics was scheduled but canceled due to COVID. The field office closed in April and reopened in July. I filed in August 2020 and in September got a notice that they are reusing my bio just like you. A month and a week later (October 21), I got an email from USCIS saying that an action has been taken on my case and when I logged in my USCIS acct, it says that my interview has been scheduled for November 23. Nobody knows why mine is moving faster than hers. We can't be comparing cases because no two cases are the same. It is a puzzle we will never know the answer to.

But you know what I noticed? I personally never bothered checking my status all the time, not in any of the petitions we filed from K1 to AOS to ROC to N400 and all cases moved fast and smooth. I got approved before I even know it in each one of them. Maybe let your case move in its own pace and hopefully you get more updates soon. Good luck.

K1 Visa Timeline (4 months / September 2016 to January 2017):

Timeline: Sept 23, 2016 (filing) to January 30, 2017 (visa on hand)
Our K1 Visa Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/04/21/k1-visa-process/

AOS Timeline (4 months / April 2017 to August 2017):

Timeline:  April 11, 2017 (filing) to August 28, 2017 (approved)

(September 14, 2017 - Greencard on Hand!  - late due to Hurricane Irma)
Our AOS Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/05/13/adjustment-of-status-greencard-application/

ROC Timeline (7 months / June 2019 to January 2020)

Timeline:  June 11, 2019 (filing) to January 29, 2020  (Card Mailed to Me)

Our ROC Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2019/06/07/removal-of-conditions-process/

N400 Timeline (3 months 3 weeks / August 7, 2020 -December 4, 2020)
August 7, 2020 - Filed Online

August 10, 2020 - NOA1 uploaded by USCIS in my account / Estimated Tiime of Completion updated as well (Feb 2021)

August 15, 2020 - Received NOA(hardcopy)

Sept 14, 2020 - Biometric Reuse

October 20, 2020 - Interview Has Been Scheduled

November 23, 2020 - Interview Date - Approved!

December 4, 2020 - OATH TAKING CEREMONY
Our N400 Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2020/08/08/filing-n400-path-to-citizenship/

I applied in September 2019 and I’m still waiting for my interview to be scheduled. It depends on the local office and how busy they are. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

16 hours ago, Kennycat said:

My wife was a January 2020 filer. I know of two Jan. filers from New Jersey. They had biometrics in Febuary, and have not had interviews scheduled yet. 

From watching the progress of Jan. filers after the offices started opening back up, it appears that offices in the central part of the country, Ft. Smith, AR, Memphis, Nashville, Kansas City, were the first to open or had smaller backlogs. These offices started interviewing Jan. filers in June and July. Then in August and Sept., Florida offices, San Antonio and Spokane,WA. I have not seen any movement in California, the NY area,  or Chicago. 
There is a link in my signature below for a Google spreadsheet of Jan. Filers.

Naturalization Timeline

01/05/2020.......Filed N-400 online.

01/07/2020.......I-751 transferred from Texas Service Center to Lee's Summit.

01/31/2020.......Biometrics Appointment.

03/06/2020.......Interview Scheduled 04/16/2020.

06/16/2020.......Interview Rescheduled 07/08/2020

07/08/2020.......Approved

08/20/2020.......Oath Ceremony

N400 January 2020 filers spread sheet  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bxlnPL1_Ln6rGAZcTwEf6e-dNjQkBmr02wYi6baeIF0/edit#gid=0

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
19 hours ago, Kennycat said:

Can anyone who fell in the same shoe with me enlighten me like how long should I be expecting for my interview mail.  

Flip a coin and pick a date. 

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, TheSkywalkers said:

No one can really say for sure as each person's case is different. Also, it depends on how fast your field office is working on their cases and the officer handling your case.

To give you an example, my friend and I are from the same city and she filed March 2020. She still hasn't heard from our field office. Her biometrics was scheduled but canceled due to COVID. The field office closed in April and reopened in July. I filed in August 2020 and in September got a notice that they are reusing my bio just like you. A month and a week later (October 21), I got an email from USCIS saying that an action has been taken on my case and when I logged in my USCIS acct, it says that my interview has been scheduled for November 23. Nobody knows why mine is moving faster than hers. We can't be comparing cases because no two cases are the same. It is a puzzle we will never know the answer to.

But you know what I noticed? I personally never bothered checking my status all the time, not in any of the petitions we filed from K1 to AOS to ROC to N400 and all cases moved fast and smooth. I got approved before I even know it in each one of them. Maybe let your case move in its own pace and hopefully you get more updates soon. Good luck.

thanks

On 11/20/2020 at 9:58 AM, Rick & Apple said:

My wife was a January 2020 filer. I know of two Jan. filers from New Jersey. They had biometrics in Febuary, and have not had interviews scheduled yet. 

From watching the progress of Jan. filers after the offices started opening back up, it appears that offices in the central part of the country, Ft. Smith, AR, Memphis, Nashville, Kansas City, were the first to open or had smaller backlogs. These offices started interviewing Jan. filers in June and July. Then in August and Sept., Florida offices, San Antonio and Spokane,WA. I have not seen any movement in California, the NY area,  or Chicago. 
There is a link in my signature below for a Google spreadsheet of Jan. Filers.

Sad but true.

Same here. January 31st filer here. Bio mid february. No interview yet. Completion date was September. Since September "We are taking longer...".

N400 Interview Approved! 

I was interviewed in one of the windows in the waiting room, lol.  He asked for my 10 yr greencard and passport.

Civic Test Questions: 
What is freedom of religion?
Why are there 50 stars in the flag?
Why are there 13 stripes in the flag?
What did Martin Luther King Jr. do?
Who is the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court right now?
What is the supreme law of the land?

Reading and Writing:
Who elects Congress?
The people elects Congress. 

NO WORD DEFINITIONS

Officer asked me a few questions to confirm a few details / info about myself and my husband:

Where do you work?
What do you do there?
Did you travel outside of the US in the last 3 years?
Where was your husband born?

He asked about the address change since the one we had when I filed was different from the current one in the system. He asked me when we moved to the new place and if I have the lease with me. I told him we actually bought the place, and I didn't have the title with me because the title company has not sent it yet and I have proof of that. I had a feeling that could be brought up and I am so glad I brought some paperwork with me that shows we did buy a condo: letters from the mortgage company + the printed email exchange I had with the title company proving that COVID delayed their process of sending out the deed of our home.

He also asked us why we filed our taxes separately during the last tax season (we have always filed jointly except for 2019) and I have a ready and printed out explanation for that as well. YES I CAME PREPARED! 😆 He asked for the 2019 Tax forms with the attached W2s.

He asked how our marriage is and if we plan to divorce each other, lol. 

Yes and No Questions followed.

He then told me he is approving my application, printed my oath ceremony appointment letter and told me to come back on December 4 to get sworn in.

Officer was so nice, greeted me "Happy Birthday" and told me that this is their birthday gift for me as it is my birthday 10 days after the oath taking ceremony.

A TIP: In the letter for the interview appointment, it tells us to bring the originals of everything we submitted online. Make sure you bring originals of everything you filed PLUS all evidences of your marriage that you incurred AFTER you already filed because the officer could ask you for those things just like what happened to me. Officer was very happy I came in prepared, makes his job easier he said.

Goodluck to all of you who are still in the process! Your time will come. Keep praying, be patient, worry less and back it up with great organizing skills. I really do believe it pays off being organized. As someone who's always been hands on to all of the benefits we filed, none of them took so long to process. K1 visa took 4 months, adjustment of status took 4 months, removal of conditions took  7 months and now my N400 took roughly 4 months from filing to oath taking.

AND IF YOU CAN, DO NOT HESITATE TO HELP THOSE WHO HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE PROCESS. PAY IT FORWARD. GOOD KARMA AWAITS YOU. HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE! 

Our K1 Visa Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/04/21/k1-visa-process/

Our AOS Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/05/13/adjustment-of-status-greencard-application/

Our ROC Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2019/06/07/removal-of-conditions-process/

August 10, 2020 - NOA1 uploaded by USCIS in my account / Estimated Tiime of Completion updated as well (Feb 2021)

Our N400 Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2020/08/08/filing-n400-path-to-citizenship/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline
16 hours ago, TheSkywalkers said:

N400 Interview Approved! 

I was interviewed in one of the windows in the waiting room, lol.  He asked for my 10 yr greencard and passport.

Civic Test Questions: 
What is freedom of religion?
Why are there 50 stars in the flag?
Why are there 13 stripes in the flag?
What did Martin Luther King Jr. do?
Who is the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court right now?
What is the supreme law of the land?

Reading and Writing:
Who elects Congress?
The people elects Congress. 

NO WORD DEFINITIONS

Officer asked me a few questions to confirm a few details / info about myself and my husband:

Where do you work?
What do you do there?
Did you travel outside of the US in the last 3 years?
Where was your husband born?

He asked about the address change since the one we had when I filed was different from the current one in the system. He asked me when we moved to the new place and if I have the lease with me. I told him we actually bought the place, and I didn't have the title with me because the title company has not sent it yet and I have proof of that. I had a feeling that could be brought up and I am so glad I brought some paperwork with me that shows we did buy a condo: letters from the mortgage company + the printed email exchange I had with the title company proving that COVID delayed their process of sending out the deed of our home.

He also asked us why we filed our taxes separately during the last tax season (we have always filed jointly except for 2019) and I have a ready and printed out explanation for that as well. YES I CAME PREPARED! 😆 He asked for the 2019 Tax forms with the attached W2s.

He asked how our marriage is and if we plan to divorce each other, lol. 

Yes and No Questions followed.

He then told me he is approving my application, printed my oath ceremony appointment letter and told me to come back on December 4 to get sworn in.

Officer was so nice, greeted me "Happy Birthday" and told me that this is their birthday gift for me as it is my birthday 10 days after the oath taking ceremony.

A TIP: In the letter for the interview appointment, it tells us to bring the originals of everything we submitted online. Make sure you bring originals of everything you filed PLUS all evidences of your marriage that you incurred AFTER you already filed because the officer could ask you for those things just like what happened to me. Officer was very happy I came in prepared, makes his job easier he said.

Goodluck to all of you who are still in the process! Your time will come. Keep praying, be patient, worry less and back it up with great organizing skills. I really do believe it pays off being organized. As someone who's always been hands on to all of the benefits we filed, none of them took so long to process. K1 visa took 4 months, adjustment of status took 4 months, removal of conditions took  7 months and now my N400 took roughly 4 months from filing to oath taking.

AND IF YOU CAN, DO NOT HESITATE TO HELP THOSE WHO HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE PROCESS. PAY IT FORWARD. GOOD KARMA AWAITS YOU. HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE! 

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Thanks for sharing and for the helpful tips!!!

Just now, LatAmerican_Drimr said:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Thanks for sharing and for the helpful tips!!!

Thank you!! I am happy to help! ❤❤❤ 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.