Boiler

AOC might quit politics after Democrats blame progressives for House loss

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

“I don’t even know if I want to be in politics,” she told The Times. “You know, for real, in the first six months of my term, I didn’t even know if I was going to run for re-election this year.”

“I chose to run for re-election because I felt like I had to prove that this is real. That this movement was real. That I wasn’t a fluke,” AOC told The Times. “That people really want guaranteed health care and that people really want the Democratic Party to fight for them.”

With her stance on Medicare for All and a strong alliance with the Black Lives Matter movement, AOC is seen as a nuisance among center-left Democrats who favor liberal ideas but like to compromise with the right.

https://news.yahoo.com/aoc-might-quit-politics-democrats-222219359.html

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Useful to read the actual article that that piece quotes.

Is there a universe in which they’re hostile enough that we’re talking about a Senate run in a couple years?

I genuinely don’t know. I don’t even know if I want to be in politics. You know, for real, in the first six months of my term, I didn’t even know if I was going to run for re-election this year.

Really? Why?

It’s the incoming. It’s the stress. It’s the violence. It’s the lack of support from your own party. It’s your own party thinking you’re the enemy. When your own colleagues talk anonymously in the press and then turn around and say you’re bad because you actually append your name to your opinion.

I chose to run for re-election because I felt like I had to prove that this is real. That this movement was real. That I wasn’t a fluke. That people really want guaranteed health care and that people really want the Democratic Party to fight for them.

But I’m serious when I tell people the odds of me running for higher office and the odds of me just going off trying to start a homestead somewhere — they’re probably the same.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/07/us/politics/aoc-biden-progressives.html

Doesn't sound like she's quitting any time soon.

Filed: Other Timeline
3 hours ago, laylalex said:

Useful to read the actual article that that piece quotes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/07/us/politics/aoc-biden-progressives.html

Doesn't sound like she's quitting any time soon.

searched for the word QUIT on that shared article, found no matching sentences, apart from the headline. lazy clickbait attempt.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
6 hours ago, laylalex said:

I wasn’t a fluke.

Exhibiting her occasional-cortex.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Maybe she'll get appointed Postmaster General?  It's a start.  

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

They need to give her something to shut her up

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I don't think AOC is an idiot, I think she's a marketing genius. And it really doesn't take genius to be able to gauge social or converging psychological and social trends. She knows she's working against a party establishment and she's made plenty of inroads on it. This is the left wing populism at work. It can be deflating seeing results like this because they feel they need results faster, but that left wing populism and far left marxism (groups which have some overlap) are growing at a decent rate. While these "establishments" has some diversity of views, it largely is neoliberal and neoconservative. They are experts in absorbing and dismantling grassroots movement, and grassroots tend to be authentic populist movements as it arises as rejection of a perceived elite and the way they govern. This is why subervience to parties is so toxic. Among the deranged, which we see plenty of here, is this "return to normalcy" but normal is a rejection of both populist movements, by people that talk about these "systemic" ills, while voting to "maintain" those systems. Derangement for me has to do with people so unhinged and with this sociopathic persona obsessive complex that they, to no one's surprise, fail to notice the massive conflict between their views and the end result of their actions and what they perpetuate.

i think AOC should just celebrate her re-election winning for now, if she wins another re-election, then it is no longer "occasional" or a fluke. winning a re-election is not easy it seemed. lucky she is not tweeting in all caps claiming millions of fake voters , voted for the other guy.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, abum said:

i think AOC should just celebrate her re-election winning for now, if she wins another re-election, then it is no longer "occasional" or a fluke. winning a re-election is not easy it seemed. lucky she is not tweeting in all caps claiming millions of fake voters , voted for the other guy.

As one Dem pointed out you would need Binoculars to spot a Republican in her district.

6 minutes ago, Boiler said:

As one Dem pointed out you would need Binoculars to spot a Republican in her district.

well a re-election win, is a win.  and she did not act like a sore winner too (you know, claiming without basis millions of illegal votes being casted and lying day almost everyday about everything is rigged) 

Timeline

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Democratic Party

68.8%105,455

John Cummings

Republican Party

30.6%46,877

Michelle Caruso-Cabrera

Serve America Movement

0.7%1,042

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 11/10/2020 at 4:52 PM, Boiler said:

They need to give her something to shut her up

Considering she may be impacted by NY redistricting in 2022, maybe Joe can make her the head of Critical Race Theory training.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
22 minutes ago, abum said:

Her next election will most likely include a primary with another sitting REP due to re-districting in NY, so it may be harder for her in 2022.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

14 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Democratic Party

68.8%105,455

John Cummings

Republican Party

30.6%46,877

Michelle Caruso-Cabrera

Serve America Movement

0.7%1,042

does that make her winning her re-election not worth to be celebrated? due to the majority of the vote share she received? 

she would probably be much more effective as a lobbyist or some sort of grass roots organizer or part of a think tank

she is extremely smart, but very polarizing so that a lot of people dont want to listen to what she is saying and just want to attack and pile on her in a blind hatred.

she is a convenient boogeyman for the right, especially the extremists

personally I like her. she brings a fire to the party that is sorely lacking. she has more of a spine than most politicians do, and she speaks her mind. that makes a lot of people uncomfortable i guess, but her and her generation are the future. she will be fighting the good fight long after most of this have shuffled off this mortal coil, and i dont see that as a bad thing. if she can energize more people to care, then its a positive. she is young and hasnt learned the art of picking her battles yet, or that being a democrat in New York is a much different thing than being a Democrat in Texas or Iowa, so thats something she will need to learn to actually get anything done.

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson