Greenbaum

NOVEMBER 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

539 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
19 hours ago, macorbin said:

how is it possible to be approved after 2-3 months i dont understand it .april till the begining of july

There is no criteria when it comes to these government agencies ….. I am fed up myself to the point I am temporarily relocating to Portugal to be with my fiancé because evidently the left hand is not talking to the right hand at USCIS. It’s a shame it is so expensive to sue them and very unlikely I would win …. Whenever it comes (they are doing us a glad or apparently) we will Have to thank them and no apologies 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
21 hours ago, JeffDR said:

Whenever it comes (they are doing us a glad or apparently) we will Have to thank them and no apologies 

You are so right about that!! 🤮

K1 Visa

NOA1: 11/02/2020

NOA2: 09/16/2021

NVC received: 10/07/2021

Case No: 10/12/2021

In transit: 10/26/2021

Consulate received: 10/27/2021

On 7/8/2021 at 7:03 PM, JeffDR said:

There is no criteria when it comes to these government agencies ….. I am fed up myself to the point I am temporarily relocating to Portugal to be with my fiancé because evidently the left hand is not talking to the right hand at USCIS. It’s a shame it is so expensive to sue them and very unlikely I would win …. Whenever it comes (they are doing us a glad or apparently) we will Have to thank them and no apologies 

As a fiancé we are attached to USCIS for a very long time to come. After K1 there will be AOS, busy as far as we are with our partner AOS won’t bother that much 

Edited by Arsalan111

Timeline
23 hours ago, kogu said:

They’ve quickly churned through Nov 16 dates the last 10 days (~51 Nov 16 cases between 16580-17000), and they’re hitting other dates across November as well so it does seem like pace is picking up.

How is it possible for UCIS to say they are processing December 2nd 2020 when my application from November has no movement? They can pick up their pace (as they should) however they should respect the priority dates but it’s obvious that by processing newer cases their processing times “look good” because the range now has dropped for 5.5 to 7.5 months. While thy play with numbers perhaps I have to wait for our turn.

Timeline
On 7/7/2021 at 7:37 PM, macorbin said:

how is it possible to be approved after 2-3 months i dont understand it .april till the begining of july

This shows us how deficient the system is and that perhaps they are playing with numbers. By flying by newer cases they are reducing their processing times range, so maybe this is for the show - if a private company considered playing with numbers it would be a huge scandal but for USCIS this is probably totally normal.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
3 minutes ago, gm2020 said:

Still waiting on noa2, receipt date oct 23. 39% of oct23 still unprocessed. This is so unacceptable, how are they processing december when they haven't even looked at oct cases.

Decemeber fillers have not been processed yet

32 minutes ago, gm2020 said:

Still waiting on noa2, receipt date oct 23. 39% of oct23 still unprocessed. This is so unacceptable, how are they processing december when they haven't even looked at oct cases.

Have you tried reaching the USCIS service centre? You can also file an online inquiry for "case outside processing time" 

Inquiries from applicants will drive efforts for timely processing of our cases. 

Every voice matters! Let's make our voice count...

Edited by vbj

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, vbj said:

Have you tried reaching the USCIS service centre? You can also file an online inquiry for "case outside processing time" 

Inquiries from applicants will drive efforts for timely processing of our cases. 

I did:

- submit case inquiry with uscis

- had a senator check on the case status

- called uscis and spoke with a person

- filed a request for assistance with the uscis ombudsman

None of that ####### does anything. Every avenue produces the same response and I doubt there is even any link between the inquiry and your case. They just give a canned response.

We should get compensation for their complete failure to do their job.

7 hours ago, vbj said:

That online form for "case outside normal processing time" is completely broken - probably on purpose - if you take a look at it... you can't choose the form type in the first field and you can't submit it at all because of it.  Disgusting.

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I received my NOA2 approval via email, waiting for paper copy in mail now. Sorry to everyone else that hasn't received it yet. Best of lucky guys. Now the long part begins :( 

November 19,2020- Sent I-129F

November 20,2020- Texas lock box received I-129F

February 8, 2021- Text message received for NOA1

February 11, 2021- Account charged

February 12, 2021- NOA1 arrived in the mail.

July 8,2021- NOA2 approved via email.

August 23,2021- Called NVC and got my case number

August 24,2021- Created my CEAC profile and filled out the DS-160 

1 hour ago, NeonParticles said:

That online form for "case outside normal processing time" is completely broken - probably on purpose - if you take a look at it... you can't choose the form type in the first field and you can't submit it at all because of it.  Disgusting.

I had the same problem and additionally it gave me issues with entering the captcha. However,  these issues were resolved on changing my browser to Mozilla.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Today we hit 253 day since our NOA1 (11/02/2020). It is really frustrating to see how USCIS is handling all cases...

K1 Visa

NOA1: 11/02/2020

NOA2: 09/16/2021

NVC received: 10/07/2021

Case No: 10/12/2021

In transit: 10/26/2021

Consulate received: 10/27/2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.