Greenbaum

NOVEMBER 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

539 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, chaiherchang said:

Hi Greenbaum,

It seems you are the pro in here, would like your advice here. My I-129F application is delivered to lockbox on Nov 2nd, and now it’s been more than 2 months, should I keep waiting for NOA1 or I should resend another application. I know lots of early Nov filer are also waiting but would like your thought if resending is an option 

thanks, 

They have your file if indeed you have notification from your courier that it was delivered. In each of the NOA1 threads there are many like you who are waiting. There is nothing else to do except wait. Waiting is the most agitating experience during this process and believe me it doesn't stop here with the NOA1. You have so many more "hoops" to jump through till you reach naturalization. This is something that we live with when marrying a foreigner. 

If you have the tracking information you can always inquire to:   Lockboxsupport@uscis.dhs.gov 

Good luck and stay engaged in the process. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

My I129F application was received at the lockbox November 4,2020. I have not received NOA1 and the check has not been cashed. I emailed lockbox in December 2020 as I feared something was wrong. I finally received a response that I should allow them 30 more business days for a receipt and if I don’t get it to send another email. Gave me a little hope but I been so anxious guess it’s going to be a long ride 😫 especially as e-mail inquires take 30days for responses as well. I am trying to stay positive 

Timeline
On 1/4/2021 at 3:33 PM, Imranchdr said:

Mine was received by the Texas lockbox on Nov 2nd, now we are in January 2021 and still no receipt,  is there anyone else here in the same situation? 

Same situation lockbox received Nov 4,2020 nothing yet 😞

12 hours ago, Butterflytai1 said:

Same situation lockbox received Nov 4,2020 nothing yet 😞

Just wanted to chime in that mine was received on Nov 2nd too. And nothing yet :-(. Wondering if a package of files has been misplaced in their office. Perhaps it is time to submit a 2nd application with a cover letter. What do you all think?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
21 minutes ago, vbj said:

Just wanted to chime in that mine was received on Nov 2nd too. And nothing yet :-(. Wondering if a package of files has been misplaced in their office. Perhaps it is time to submit a 2nd application with a cover letter. What do you all think?

There are so many of us all in the same boat waiting on applications from October or November that I don't think there's any reason to think anything has been misplaced yet when it looks like there's just a huge backlog of applications they're yet to open.

K-1 Process                                                                                            AOS Process

11/06/20: I-129F packet shipped via UPS                                         05/23/22: I-485, I-765, I-131 packet shipped via UPS

11/11/20: I-129F delivered to Dallas Lockbox (Lewisville)             05/26/22: AOS packet delivered to Chicago lockbox

11/12/20: Backdated I-129F "received date" (NOA1)                      05/31/22: NOA "notice date" (x3)

02/09/21: I-129F fee charged to bank account                                06/01/22: Text alert with receipt #s received (x3)

02/10/21: Text alert with receipt # received                                     06/02/22: AOS fees charged to bank account

02/16/21: Mailed I-797C Notice of Action(1) received                   06/06/22: Mailed I-797C Notice(s) of Action received (x3)

03/30/21: I-129F petition approved (NOA2)                                     06/13/22: RFE received

04/04/21: Mailed I-797C Notice of Action(2) received                   06/27/22: Biometrics appointment

04/28/21: NVC case # assigned                                                         08/24/22: RFE response shipped

10/29/21: Case sent to Montreal consulate                                     08/31/22: RFE response delivered

11/02/21: Consulate received (first ready)                                       03/11/23: 2nd RFE received

11/15/21: Packet 3 mailed (second ready)                                      03/23/23: AP & EAD approved

11/20/21: Packet 3 received (by U.S. petitioner via mail)              04/28/23: AOS APPROVED!

11/20/21: Packet 3 submitted                                                            05/08/23: Green Card received

11/24/21: Packet 4 received (interview date assigned)

12/10/21: Medical exam (Dr. Cheema in Surrey)

12/14/21: Medical results emailed to the consulate

01/11/22: K-1 interview: APPROVED!

01/14/22: Visa in hand (received via Purolator)

03/29/22: US entry (YYZ Toronto)!

04/04/22: Marriage!

Timeline
50 minutes ago, vbj said:

I was thinking the same but I would give it at least another month as I received an e-mail stating to give them 30 more business days. I’m going to see my fiancé at the end of February and I’ll get all the docs I need to resubmit if absolutely necessary. Come March or April I will make that decision but I honestly think we have to be patient and wait. It was Covid, holidays , and they received a lot of applications in October as they were discussing raising fees for many applications. 

392C6C40-4723-4E3A-AE56-4190E78B26F4.jpeg

Edited by Butterflytai1

Nov 3, 2020 - Sent I-129F

Nov 7, 2020 - USPS delivered to Dallas Lockbox

As of Dec 14, 2020, not yet received NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
On 1/7/2021 at 6:52 PM, chaiherchang said:

Does the lockbox email works at all? They only send the auto reply and never hear back from them after

They did send an automated reply, and really not holding my breath for any other reply. 10 weeks completed, still no progress. Someone said the agent they spoke to said to expect progress by Jan 15th, so after that it's pretty much hopeless if there's no progress by then.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Since Friday there has been little movement as well, seven approvals from 29th of October and a few more outliers with quick turnarounds. 

However something else that has caught my interest is the verbiage that the delay in getting your NOA-1 will not affect the receipt date of forms. Some googling showed a similar situation back in 2007 where USCIS had the same general verbiage that they will honor mailroom actual receipt dates. This is a complete assumption on my part but I'm thinking that they are processing items in whatever order they deem fastest with resources and restrictions at hand, rather than correct chronologically. The queue for adjudication is so long that a delay in getting our NOA-1 receipt won't affect how soon our cases are adjudicated for NOA-2, we are all still looking at July or August for our NOA-2, whether our NOA-1 arrives in November or February under this theory because our files still were delivered in November. As frustrating as this is there are other items that may take precedence for near immediate or quicker response times to prevent delays further in another process. Where really for us a two or three month delay in our receipt won't affect how soon our NOA-2 actually arrives since it will still, so to say "sit on a desk" for 4-5 months before adjudication anyway. Maybe our background checks will be submitted for later than otherwise, but I don't think background checks are what is creating the increases in NOA-2 adjudication wait times. 

I think the larger concern for us is if the original mailroom delivery date is or is not honored for NOA-2 priority order, and I'm hoping it is based on USCIS's verbiage and that all NOA-1 receipt notifications I'm reading are using the same verbiage as if it had been processed upon arrival rather than two months late. The void of information regarding our petitions is incredibly frustrating now, but if I'm right it won't make our cases take longer than if we had receipts in hand back in November. 

Edited by ryvfader

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
14 hours ago, ryvfader said:

Since Friday there has been little movement as well, seven approvals from 29th of October and a few more outliers with quick turnarounds. 

However something else that has caught my interest is the verbiage that the delay in getting your NOA-1 will not affect the receipt date of forms. Some googling showed a similar situation back in 2007 where USCIS had the same general verbiage that they will honor mailroom actual receipt dates. This is a complete assumption on my part but I'm thinking that they are processing items in whatever order they deem fastest with resources and restrictions at hand, rather than correct chronologically. The queue for adjudication is so long that a delay in getting our NOA-1 receipt won't affect how soon our cases are adjudicated for NOA-2, we are all still looking at July or August for our NOA-2, whether our NOA-1 arrives in November or February under this theory because our files still were delivered in November. As frustrating as this is there are other items that may take precedence for near immediate or quicker response times to prevent delays further in another process. Where really for us a two or three month delay in our receipt won't affect how soon our NOA-2 actually arrives since it will still, so to say "sit on a desk" for 4-5 months before adjudication anyway. Maybe our background checks will be submitted for later than otherwise, but I don't think background checks are what is creating the increases in NOA-2 adjudication wait times. 

I think the larger concern for us is if the original mailroom delivery date is or is not honored for NOA-2 priority order, and I'm hoping it is based on USCIS's verbiage and that all NOA-1 receipt notifications I'm reading are using the same verbiage as if it had been processed upon arrival rather than two months late. The void of information regarding our petitions is incredibly frustrating now, but if I'm right it won't make our cases take longer than if we had receipts in hand back in November. 

I hope you are right, did anyone get the receipt that filed in November? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hi everyone! We sent in our i129f on 10/13/20 and got our noa1 on 11/03/20.  Still waiting on noa2, we know itll take a while. Just saying hello to everyone and its nice to have some company on this journey!!!

15 hours ago, Imranchdr said:

I hope you are right, did anyone get the receipt that filed in November? 

Yes

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

On 1/8/2021 at 8:45 PM, ryvfader said:

So I did some digging, and it does appear they are bogged down with November and even still some October files as of today. 

It looks like they tend to process most of them over two or so days each week, though there has been little movement with the holiday weeks.

4th of December 78 were processed with receipt dates of mostly 28th of October 

11th of December 38 were processed with receipt dates of mostly 29th of October

17-18 of December 219 were processed with receipt dates of mostly 13th & 16th of November

After these dates there is quite a drop off with low single digit daily NOA1's spanning mostly 13th, 16th, and 30th November each day until 30th December where I'm seeing nine NOA1's from 13th of November, then back to low single digits until today where I'm seeing another 10 NOA's from October 29th and 30th. Some (very few) applications are seeing returns in as little as 1-2 weeks though, but as a general rule all of these have been processed outside of the bulk days I'm seeing. 

The October dates from today day are slightly unnerving, but confirms what we are seeing reported from members on this forum as well as input on other websites that folks with late October deliveries. 

Where do you get this data from?  Can you link?

Edited by mrveg

Nov 3, 2020 - Sent I-129F

Nov 7, 2020 - USPS delivered to Dallas Lockbox

As of Dec 14, 2020, not yet received NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.