R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,689 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Jerseygirl2024 said:

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could answer my query. We have our interview scheduled for the end of May. When submitting our affidavit of support early this year, it was for the 2022 year (and was accepted). My partner has since filed his return for the 2023 year in April. We haven’t been asked to submit further supporting documents etc but I’m worried about turning up at the embassy and the visa being rejected because of this. To those who have interview dates in May/June or if you experienced this last year, what did you do? 

To clarify, I’m talking about tax returns!

On 5/4/2024 at 7:39 AM, Jerseygirl2024 said:

To clarify, I’m talking about tax returns!

My wife had her interview late April. Pretty much the same situation you are describing. I just printed my W2 and tax transcripts from both years to bring with her just in case. However, they did not even make attempt to look at any of our tax or financial documents. If you want you can still upload the new tax information ahead of time too.

On 5/9/2024 at 4:10 PM, Guest101 said:

Quick question please, how long does it take the embassy to return passport after the interview date?

Here is the timeline that I have just gone through:

- 08 May 2024 - 08.00 visa interview

- 08 May 2024 - 09.30 interview complete, verbal approval given

- 08 May 2024 - 17.00 CEAC tracker changes from 'Ready' to 'Administrative Processing'

- 09 May 2024 - 10.00 CEAC tracker changes from 'Administrative Processing' to 'Issued'

- 10 May 2024 - 10.05 DX tracking number received via email

- 13 May 2024 - 07.00 SMS received informing me that my passport is ready for pickup at the DX Office

- 13 May 2024 - 09.45 passport in hand

1 minute ago, nbar said:

Here is the timeline that I have just gone through:

- 08 May 2024 - 08.00 visa interview

- 08 May 2024 - 09.30 interview complete, verbal approval given

- 08 May 2024 - 17.00 CEAC tracker changes from 'Ready' to 'Administrative Processing'

- 09 May 2024 - 10.00 CEAC tracker changes from 'Administrative Processing' to 'Issued'

- 10 May 2024 - 10.05 DX tracking number received via email

- 13 May 2024 - 07.00 SMS received informing me that my passport is ready for pickup at the DX Office

- 13 May 2024 - 09.45 passport in hand

Congratulations! What questions were you asked in the interview?

3 minutes ago, Haynes said:

Congratulations! What questions were you asked in the interview?

I can give you better - I can give you a novel about my experience going through the interview! It's on my London consulate review here - https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=33165

Basically - very short, very basic, remember to print out your courier confirmation email.

1 hour ago, wallflowers said:

Hey everyone, we were DQ’d yesterday! 🥳 Do you think we might have made the cut off point for the next batch of interview letters? Are they typically emailed at the end/beginning of each month? 😁

Congrats! We were dq’d april 24th and have not received our interview letter yet so you might be included in the next batch of interviews to be sent out this month but I’m not sure when the cut off point off is. But you will def be in for the next batch for sure! 

On 5/13/2024 at 10:31 AM, nbar said:

I can give you better - I can give you a novel about my experience going through the interview! It's on my London consulate review here - https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=33165

Basically - very short, very basic, remember to print out your courier confirmation email.

which floor did you go for the interview? The first or the second one? And also can you go on the citizens line when you go in?

8 hours ago, NewtonImmi said:

which floor did you go for the interview? The first or the second one? And also can you go on the citizens line when you go in?

They'll tell you exactly what floor and where to go on it - I think it was the first or the second floor, but I also can't remember if it was different since 1st floor = ground floor to Americans & I can't recall if the embassy is like that too.

Don't go in the citizens line - go to the queue I describe on that review, and cut in line by standing directly next to the check in desk outside of security.

On 4/25/2024 at 5:40 PM, Bran01W said:

Got my Interview aswell, end of June, PD: April 9th. Woo! Time to book the medical and hope Ive got enough for medical records.

Hello! I was just wondering when at the end of June is your interview? Not sure if this is possible to figure out but was wondering if there will be any interview appointments issued out in this next batch of IL’s. I’m hoping I receive my IL any day now. Was DQ’d April 24th. 

23 hours ago, Nat Murph said:

Hello! I was just wondering when at the end of June is your interview? Not sure if this is possible to figure out but was wondering if there will be any interview appointments issued out in this next batch of IL’s. I’m hoping I receive my IL any day now. Was DQ’d April 24th. 

I meant any appointments for the end of June issued out with this next batch of IL’s. That’s why I asked what date were you given at the end of June. Wish I could find out if they have all already been given out with last months IL’s. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.