R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,694 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, willingtowait4it said:

For those who have already received their passport with their visa following the interview - how long did it take? I know they tell you 1-2 weeks at the embassy but I’m curious if anyone recently has gotten theirs sooner or later than that.

1 hour ago, R1CH1991 said:

Interview was completed on 1st December and then shown as issued on 2nd December and at the courier site near my home on the 3rd December! :) It was very speedy!

Basically ditto what @R1CH1991 said - interview on the 1st, issued on the 2nd and I opted for home delivery so passport was received at home around 11:00am on the 3rd. 
The embassy are still miles ahead of that 1-2 week timetable. 

Hoping they continue to be so those with upcoming interviews get passports back soon! 🤞🏽

43 minutes ago, Andy&Jamie said:

Well guys... 

I got... 

APPROVED!

Well, technically I got the green slip asking me to upload the missus' 1040 for 2019. But uh... That is now already uploaded, because despite my wife being in california she's still awake and she did it 😂. CO told me as long as I did it today it wouldn't add any processing time to my visa processing. 

The words do not exist in the English language to express my relief thst this is done, and that in all likelihood I'll be home with my better half for Christmas. This year has been horrible, I'm sure we can all agree. But thank you guys all so much, for all the information, support, encouragement, all of it. I'm feeling a lot of things right now so I'm not sure if I'm even typing this in English. 

I'll do a interview review thing shortly. Right now I need to decompress. I'm sure those of you recently approved will be familiar with the feeling but it's like... Literally my whole damn life from august last year to right now has revolved around this process and now it's done. Do I laugh? Cry? Scream all of that stress into the void and breathe in the glorious fresh air of relief? I'll update you all which one(s) I decide to do. 

Much love. ❤️❤️❤️

Not that you need the backstory, but work already has been a stress today and to see this, has MADE. MY. DAY! 

Am so so pleased for you. Take your time on the emotional rollercoaster that will be the next few days because you will feel it, but absolutely celebrate this wonderful next step with your lovely wife :D

So excited you both will be reunited soon! 

Wishing you both the best in your reunion and your relationship! 🥰

5 hours ago, Andy&Jamie said:

Well guys... 

I got... 

APPROVED!

Well, technically I got the green slip asking me to upload the missus' 1040 for 2019. But uh... That is now already uploaded, because despite my wife being in california she's still awake and she did it 😂. CO told me as long as I did it today it wouldn't add any processing time to my visa processing. 

The words do not exist in the English language to express my relief thst this is done, and that in all likelihood I'll be home with my better half for Christmas. This year has been horrible, I'm sure we can all agree. But thank you guys all so much, for all the information, support, encouragement, all of it. I'm feeling a lot of things right now so I'm not sure if I'm even typing this in English. 

I'll do a interview review thing shortly. Right now I need to decompress. I'm sure those of you recently approved will be familiar with the feeling but it's like... Literally my whole damn life from august last year to right now has revolved around this process and now it's done. Do I laugh? Cry? Scream all of that stress into the void and breathe in the glorious fresh air of relief? I'll update you all which one(s) I decide to do. 

Much love. ❤️❤️❤️

Congrats on the approval!!!!!

Hi! This forum is an absolute GOD SEND! I'm stuck in Scotland, luckily with my family, but waiting for my interview.

DQ was mid Oct so will be well into the new year, but I'm concerned about vaxinations. I've lived out of the uk for 6 years and any vax book I would have had is in shipping. Has anyone here had to just have all the jabs fresh so they had the evidence? Looks like a few places are closed for jabs due to covid. But not seen much mentioned here, so was this straightforward for everyone? Hope you all get a few more interviews for you in January and the good news keeps coming. It is such a relief to find this forum, its felt very lonely up till now but all these stories, man, we have all had such a crazy year!!

27 minutes ago, Muso303 said:

Hi! This forum is an absolute GOD SEND! I'm stuck in Scotland, luckily with my family, but waiting for my interview.

DQ was mid Oct so will be well into the new year, but I'm concerned about vaxinations. I've lived out of the uk for 6 years and any vax book I would have had is in shipping. Has anyone here had to just have all the jabs fresh so they had the evidence? Looks like a few places are closed for jabs due to covid. But not seen much mentioned here, so was this straightforward for everyone? Hope you all get a few more interviews for you in January and the good news keeps coming. It is such a relief to find this forum, its felt very lonely up till now but all these stories, man, we have all had such a crazy year!!

I called my husbands GP and asked for a rundown of all his - would you be able to call wherever you had shots before for them to resend rather than having to wait for the book? 
We’re waiting for my husbands interview too, good luck!! 

6 hours ago, Andy&Jamie said:

Well guys... 

I got... 

APPROVED!

Much love. ❤️❤️❤️

AAAHHHH CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, Muso303 said:

I've lived out of the uk for 6 years and any vax book I would have had is in shipping. Has anyone here had to just have all the jabs fresh so they had the evidence? Looks like a few places are closed for jabs due to covid. But not seen much mentioned here, so was this straightforward for everyone?

You don’t need a book, but could use the UK red book if you dig it out. You need a record from a doctor’s office. So have you asked for anything from your surgery that would be NHS files now digitally stored?

The shots you need to prove at your Medical with some kind of documentation:

1. Two doses of mumps, measles, Rubella anytime in your life. MMR. 
  2. Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis with the T and d part updated in the last 10 years. That’s the jab most have to get.  The clinic seems to be okay with a Revaxis shot (Td +polio) dated within the last 10 years. You don’t need the polio as an adult, but that’s how the U.K. bundles it. They don’t sell the Td only mix in the UK. 
  3. Flu Shot. This winter’s version is required, not something you took last winter. Many NHS doctors refuse to give it because the UK they only gives it to children or elderly. US immigration requires for everybody over 6 months so you have to follow the US list. Try Boots or a grocery store offering flu shots if you can’t get it on NHS.

The 4th vaccination for adults which most get waived is:

• Varicella. If you ever had Chickenpox gets you out of the varicella shot. They even take your word for it if you tell them you had it. You need not bring proof from a doctor. I just said “My Mum said I had chickenpox  when I was 6 years old”. That’s the only thing they take your word about. Saying my Mum said I had MMR shots when I was a lad will NOT work. 

You can pay for any shots you still need or don’t have proof for at the Visa clinic. Their prices are published on their clinic website. You can compare what your NHS surgery or Boots, etc charge.

Edited by Wuozopo

10 hours ago, PBabz said:

Not that you need the backstory, but work already has been a stress today and to see this, has MADE. MY. DAY! 

Am so so pleased for you. Take your time on the emotional rollercoaster that will be the next few days because you will feel it, but absolutely celebrate this wonderful next step with your lovely wife :D

So excited you both will be reunited soon! 

Wishing you both the best in your reunion and your relationship! 🥰

Always happy to help! 😂 I'm sorry you had a stressy day still though :( but alas, tomorrow is a new one and I'm glad my news is having a positive effect on more than just me and Jamie. ❤️

Right now the emotional roller-coaster is at the "stress comedown, everything hurts and I'm knackered" phase. Not long been back home to be honest lol. But we will! Flexible ticket flight is already booked. All being well I'll be away on the 13th!!! I'll update people when I get there because presumably I'll not be leaving visajourney anytime soon - still gotta adjust status and get citizenship and what have you. Id love to be able to help others in the meantime! 

Thank you so much!! 😍 And for you too!

5 hours ago, R1CH1991 said:

Congrats on the approval!!!!!

Thank you so much!!! :D

4 hours ago, Aimeehtx said:

I called my husbands GP and asked for a rundown of all his - would you be able to call wherever you had shots before for them to resend rather than having to wait for the book? 
We’re waiting for my husbands interview too, good luck!! 

AAAHHHH CONGRATULATIONS!!!

AAAAAHHH THANK YOU!!! 😂😁

11 hours ago, Andy&Jamie said:

Well guys... 

I got... 

APPROVED!

Much love. ❤️❤️❤️

Yay!!! Congratulations! Please keep us posted as to when you receive your passport back! 

12 hours ago, Andy&Jamie said:

Well guys... 

I got... 

APPROVED!

Much love. ❤️❤️❤️

@Andy&Jamie really really happy for you! Enjoy this moment, and all of the wonderful times to come! ❤️

It seems our experiences are similar, with regards to processing times and missing 1040s!

It took 10 days for my passport to be returned to me, after my interview and the (second) submission of my spouses 2019 1040. Hopefully yours will be returned a little faster than mine! 

Hey y’all I had a question,🧐

The NVC timeframes page says

"As of 7-DEC-2020, we are reviewing documents submitted to us on 10-SEP-2020"

Does this date mean the date we pressed "submit" documents on CEAC, or the date the case became Documentarily Qualified?💬

I know people seem to suggest it is the DQ date, but we were thinking of the submit date as like the place in the queue, and the DQ as someone checking we have submitted legible documents and not a McDonalds receipt.

Thank you in advance. 😁

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Andy&Jamie said:

I'll update people when I get there because presumably I'll not be leaving visajourney anytime soon - still gotta adjust status and get citizenship and what have you.

You won’t adjust status. That  is what K1s do after they go to the US and get married. They adjust status from visa holder to permanent resident. Adjusting status is applying for a green card, something you get the day you enter.

Congratulations on being on the brink of moving. Such a relief to jump one more hurdle.

5 hours ago, Lola1990 said:

Hey y’all I had a question,🧐

The NVC timeframes page says

"As of 7-DEC-2020, we are reviewing documents submitted to us on 10-SEP-2020"

Does this date mean the date we pressed "submit" documents on CEAC, or the date the case became Documentarily Qualified?💬

I know people seem to suggest it is the DQ date, but we were thinking of the submit date as like the place in the queue, and the DQ as someone checking we have submitted legible documents and not a McDonalds receipt.

Thank you in advance. 😁

Yes! 
Documents will be reviewed by NVC and they will let you know you’ve become ‘Documentarily qualified’ then you’ll be placed in another queue to wait for an interview appointment to become available. This will be scheduled for you automatically (if you don’t have a reason for your application to be expedited) 

Back over the summer when NVC reviewed our documents, I found that timeframe tracker page quite helpful, it was pretty spot on to since they update it every week. 

Good luck, hopefully not too much more of a wait for you 🤞🏽

16 hours ago, Muso303 said:

This forum really is so helpful, isn't it? I'm in Scotland too, and awaiting my interview. I have had my medical already, I took the chance my 6 month window would be enough. It's such a faff getting to London and back again at the moment, so I decided the anxiety of risking the 6 month window was less than the anxiety of having to make two trips down in quick succession once my interview was scheduled : ) I had all my vaccinations done / redone as I had no paperwork from all my previous vaccinations, done many years ago when I was travelling and honestly I couldn't even remember which ones I'd had done! My GP was not doing any travel vacinations due to covid, but I found a private clinic that does travel vaccinations and spoke with them, explaining my position and reason for needing them. They are only accepting certain cases (due to covid) and I was accepted. I paid for all the required vaccinations - about £300ish in total.  It took two visits, 5 weeks apart. They had to order in some of the vaccinations, so I had to wait for them to come in before my first appointment. They gave me a little booklet with them all listed once I had them done, which I showed at my medical. I had the flu jab during the medical, as it was the only one I had not had by then as it was early October and the flu vaccine was only just out. I hope you can get it all sorted - good luck!

Hi, I understand that everyone seems to be waiting for an adult visa appointment. I am waiting for IR2 visa appointment for my son who is a teenager 14 years old. Apparently when you 13 year old you do not attend interview however my son just turned 14 in November with this long wait, although he was DQ since August. I guess my question is , is there anyone here waiting for a teen appointment? Does anyone know what sort of question they would ask a teenager? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.