i-751 October 2020 filers

1,291 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a question.

10/21/20 - mailed the package via UPS

10/26/20 - Package arrived 

11/10/20 – NOA letter date

11/12/20 - Received text message from USCIS case was received

11/13/20 – USCIS returned my photo album, an item in support of my application, stating that it was the format they cannot place in my file folder for review by an officer

11/17/20 - Received the NOA letter in the mail

What does "11/13/20 – USCIS returned my photo album, an item in support of my application, stating that it was the format they cannot place in my file folder for review by an officer" mean?

It a chunk of important information for the case.

Your thoughts are welcome.

Yeah, and no news since filing the case in October 2020 (Nebraska service center),

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
22 hours ago, AnastasiiaB said:

What does "11/13/20 – USCIS returned my photo album, an item in support of my application, stating that it was the format they cannot place in my file folder for review by an officer" mean?

USCIS needs to be able to scan documents you send and file them in a file folder.  A photo album doesn’t lend it self to either.  You should have sent just photos, ideally printed on US letter sized paper.  

Edited by Mike E

28 minutes ago, Mike E said:

USCIS needs to be able to scan documents you send and file them in a file folder.  A photo album doesn’t lend it self to either.  You should have sent just photos, ideally printed on US letter sized paper.  

Thank you!

I understand it now.

my question - how will it effect my case?

will they ask for the pictures later?

or will they possibly schedule an interview?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
27 minutes ago, AnastasiiaB said:

Thank you!

I understand it now.

my question - how will it effect my case?

will they ask for the pictures later?

or will they possibly schedule an interview?

If they need photos they might send an RFE, handle this at an interview (if any).  Or they might decide the merits of your case without photos.  

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

If they need photos they might send an RFE, handle this at an interview (if any).  Or they might decide the merits of your case without photos.  

Thank you.

Well, due to the extended processing time I have not heard from USCIS since I filed the case in October 2020...

4 hours ago, AnastasiiaB said:

Thank you.

Well, due to the extended processing time I have not heard from USCIS since I filed the case in October 2020

I filled in October too but  I haven't heard anything from them I see USCIS updated  their website saying they are extending  from 18  to 24 month processing time

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 9/22/2021 at 9:57 AM, AnastasiiaB said:

Hello,

I have a question.

10/21/20 - mailed the package via UPS

10/26/20 - Package arrived 

11/10/20 – NOA letter date

11/12/20 - Received text message from USCIS case was received

11/13/20 – USCIS returned my photo album, an item in support of my application, stating that it was the format they cannot place in my file folder for review by an officer

11/17/20 - Received the NOA letter in the mail

It a chunk of important information for the case.

Your thoughts are welcome.

Yeah, and no news since filing the case in October 2020 (Nebraska service center),

Count your blessings not your burdens.!

Edited by WanderingSouls

25 minutes ago, WanderingSouls said:

Count your blessings not your burdens.!

Yes, that was a regular book binder type of album...

Well, I called USCIS right away and asked if I needed to resend just pictures.

They said no, if anything extra was needed, they would send RFE.

Thank you though.

That was my bad, I did not know they put everything in file.

I just feel super worried, you never know WHAT to expect and WHEN.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 9/29/2020 at 12:50 PM, Chelleyandaaron said:

Hello everyone!

I am currently preparing my packet for removal of conditions to mail next week and thought I would take this opportunity to start our forum topic.

As a reminder - here is the link to the USCIS page as we all make our way through yet another pile of paperwork!

https://www.uscis.gov/i-751

Good luck - and don't forget the fees increase next week too!

Here is a link to some of the changes on the new documentation and fees effective from October 2nd:

https://www.aila.org/File/Related/20073100da.pdf

Also: the current i-751 form has an expiry date of December 2019 on it.  Whilst this is the correct form to use at the time of this post - it COULD change before you submit your packet so ALWAYS check the USCIS site before mailing your packet to make sure you are sending the correct form.

Good luck!

thanks

Edited by hannahraeroxs
misinformed

Seems I'm the only person left in this group without greencard in hand. Well, USCIS still hasn't responded to my RFE. 92 days and counting. It's been mute ever since then.

Received RFE June 14, Submitted response July 7th. And it's been total silence. Oh, they acknowledged they received my response July 9th  but it's been dead every since then. Any one waiting for USCIS to respond. it's sad been in this situation alone, and it will be nice to see similar people on this tough journey. At this point, i don't even want to call again. Frustrated to the point of just letting them do their thing. Might file form N400 but i don't have joint taxes because i never worked. My partner supported me all through med school.

My RFE documents:

Lease of old apartment 2019, 2020

Lease of New apartment 2021

Copy of Dental Insurance

Copy of Vision Insurance

Car Insurance

statement of account for both joint checking and savings accounts; (6 random statements for each account)

Just maybe it wasn't enough. Who knows? It Is What It Is.  Mic drop.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, AOS JOURNEY said:

Seems I'm the only person left in this group without greencard in hand. Well, USCIS still hasn't responded to my RFE. 92 days and counting. It's been mute ever since then.

Received RFE June 14, Submitted response July 7th. And it's been total silence. Oh, they acknowledged they received my response July 9th  but it's been dead every since then. Any one waiting for USCIS to respond. it's sad been in this situation alone, and it will be nice to see similar people on this tough journey. At this point, i don't even want to call again. Frustrated to the point of just letting them do their thing. Might file form N400 but i don't have joint taxes because i never worked. My partner supported me all through med school.

My RFE documents:

Lease of old apartment 2019, 2020

Lease of New apartment 2021

Copy of Dental Insurance

Copy of Vision Insurance

Car Insurance

statement of account for both joint checking and savings accounts; (6 random statements for each account)

Just maybe it wasn't enough. Who knows? It Is What It Is.  Mic drop.

Plenty of us here with no updates after the initial extension letter..

ROC TimeLine

## Sent by USPS Oct 22, 2020 ## Delivered Oct 24 ## Check cashed Nov 26 ## SMS with MSC Receipt Nov 28 ## i797 Print Date Nov 24,  Received Dec 01 2020 ## 24 months extension letter received at old address on Dec 20, 2021. ## Aug 2022 Interview & Card Produced 

Last updated Nov, 2022

N400 TimeLine

## Online Application Date 07/26/2023 paid by Credit Card, Receipt Number received online in seconds. ## On Jan 05, 2024, Interview Scheduled on Feb 13, 2024, Sacramento Office. ## Interview Passed. Oath Ceremony Scheduled for Feb 21, 24 Roseville.event.png

On 10/3/2020 at 11:53 AM, WanderingSouls said:

Hi guys, Im confused about biometric fees for i751...we paid for and completed the biometrics appt. At the time we were approved for 2 yr green card..we are removing conditions on that creen card now with i751 form.... Do we need to pay for another biometrics fee even tho they already did this 2 years ago?

It's all about the money for uscis

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline
15 hours ago, Bhinda C said:

Plenty of us here with no updates after the initial extension letter..

Yup still no GC here. October 9th will be the 1 year anniversary of me mailing the package out and aside from biometrics I have not had any other updates. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline
Just now, dayotutu1 said:

Your processing center please? 

YSC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.