2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
21 minutes ago, US-EH said:

How do I find that thread?

Do you know how to search the forums?

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 hours ago, US-EH said:

Has anybody looked into driving your car across USA border and bringing with you?  My husband is planning on driving his across tomorrow and wondering what specific documents he needs.? I have looked on several websites. His vehicle is a Volkswagen Jetta and has the sticker under the hood that says it is similar to USA made Jettas. Anyone have any experience with this?

We’ve looked into it and was told we need a letter of compliance from the vehicles US manufacturer stating it complies with the US EPA regulations. I did call them and they do supply these when needed. You will also need to fill out DOT form HS-7 and EPA form 3520 along with bill of sale and registration. Better be safe than sorry when you get to your POE..Best of luck!

Timeline

Hello, has anyone considered using Canadian Expatriate Medical Insurance after moving to the USA?  Any insights or feedback would be greatly appreciated.  I heard about it recently from an insurance agent.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

@Hawk Riders I have a suggestion for the spreadsheet: how about adding a comment on the number of days till passport return, to specify where the applicant lives, when possible? It'd give a more accurate idea of how long it takes to receive one's passport. Someone in Montreal will likely get it within 2-4 days, but it varies greatly if the applicant lives on the other side of the country.

19 hours ago, US-EH said:

Really? You can’t owe on it? And still be making payments?

No. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

9 hours ago, mizzem said:

We’ve looked into it and was told we need a letter of compliance from the vehicles US manufacturer stating it complies with the US EPA regulations. I did call them and they do supply these when needed. You will also need to fill out DOT form HS-7 and EPA form 3520 along with bill of sale and registration. Better be safe than sorry when you get to your POE..Best of luck!

You dont need the letter if the car has the appropriate stickers. 

Keep in mind your car WILL need tpms!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

10 hours ago, US-EH said:

No

there is a search box top right or the magnifying glass on mobile. 

54 minutes ago, Rose__ said:

@Hawk Riders I have a suggestion for the spreadsheet: how about adding a comment on the number of days till passport return, to specify where the applicant lives, when possible? It'd give a more accurate idea of how long it takes to receive one's passport. Someone in Montreal will likely get it within 2-4 days, but it varies greatly if the applicant lives on the other side of the country.

Not necessarily. I recieved mine the next day in Alberta. It depends how fast it's processed and then the speed of Canada post. 

Timeline
49 minutes ago, NikLR said:

You dont need the letter if the car has the appropriate stickers. 

Keep in mind your car WILL need tpms!

His vehicle has that. It’s the light that comes on when the pressure is low? So he already has

Timeline
4 minutes ago, US-EH said:

His vehicle has that. It’s the light that comes on when the pressure is low? So he already has

Does his dash cluster display both kms and mi?

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
10 hours ago, Jacqueline H said:

Canadian Expatriate Medical Insurance

“The technical definition of an expat is someone who lives and works abroad for a temporary period of time but plans to return to their home country...”

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Canada.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.