nendu

September 2020 AOS Filers

551 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I am new to this forum. I just filed marriage based AOS this week. I am the beneficiary. Visajourney guides as well as individual members on this forum has been extremely helpful. They gave me confidence and knowledge to file my case myself. 

Creating this thread for all September AOS files to share their journey as we go through the process and next few months and years. Good luck everyone. 

RoC Timeline:

1. 12/04/2023 - Application sent to USCIS Elgin, IL lockbox
  2. 12/07/2023 - Application received by USCIS
  3. 12/12/2023 - Received "Your case received" text message from USCIS. Receiipt # starts with IOE
  4. 12/13/2023 - Check cashed by USCIS
  5. 12/19/2023 - Received in mail the I797 with the receipt number and the online access code
  6. 12/19/2023 - Received in mail the bio-metric re-use notification
  7. 12/21/2023 - Received in mail the I797 NoA extending my green card by 48 months

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Thought I will update my timeline

1. 9/8/2020 - Application sent to USCIS Chicago lockbox using UPS
  2. 9/11/2020 - Application received by USCIS
  3. 9/18/2020 - Checks cashed by USCIS

RoC Timeline:

3. 12/12/2023 - Received "Your case received" text message from USCIS. Receiipt # starts with IOE
  5. 12/19/2023 - Received in mail the I797 with the receipt number and the online access code
  7. 12/21/2023 - Received in mail the I797 NoA extending my green card by 48 months

Timeline

Thought I will update my timeline

4. 9/21/2020 - Received 4 text messages from USCIS with the 4 receipt numbers. The receipt numbers starts with MSC.

RoC Timeline:

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Zaraliaya said:

I'm about to send mine off tomorrow.
We ship it all to Chicago right?

How do we know what local office we will get? Will it be transferred to it?

Yes you ship it to Chicago. I believe there application gets scanned in to their system and the scanned version is forwarded. Don't forget to include I-944. It is required now. Good luck.

RoC Timeline:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
22 hours ago, nendu said:

Yes you ship it to Chicago. I believe there application gets scanned in to their system and the scanned version is forwarded. Don't forget to include I-944. It is required now. Good luck.

Yeah I saw it was needed.

I decided to send it in today without it (to avoid October fees) and get it ready for when I get an RFE for it, as they said that the people who send it before Oct 15th won't have it rejected. It would have taken more time to get that all together (since you have to wait for a credit score that says you don't have one etc etc so).

Edited by Zaraliaya

Filed: TN Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just sent in my package today! I gave my package to USPS and then on the way home I realized I put my US entry date as Dec 1 when it was actually Dec 29 that I last entered! I totally forgot about this, I almost submitted the documents with an incorrect I-94 number and entry date. I ran back and was lucky that my package hadn't shipped and I could correct the filing.

1. 9/24/2020 - Application sent to USCIS Chicago lockbox using USPS
Edited by JasonS1

Timeline
1 minute ago, JasonS1 said:

I just sent in my package today! I gave my package to USPS and then on the way home I realized I put my US entry date as Dec 1 when it was actually Dec 29 that I last entered! I totally forgot about this, I almost submitted the documents with an incorrect I-94 number and entry date. I ran back and was lucky that my package hadn't shipped and I could correct the filing.

1. 9/24/2020 - Application sent to USCIS Chicago lockbox using UPS

That was close. Good thing you caught it. 

RoC Timeline:

• Ontarkie locked and unlocked this topic

September 2020 AOS Filers already exist here:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/747137-september-2020-aos-filers/

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/25/2020 at 2:22 PM, Sarge2155 said:

September 2020 AOS Filers already exist here:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/747137-september-2020-aos-filers/

Out of curiosity,  wouldn't it be best to keep them separate since that forum are for K1-K3 filers, and we're all not that?
Edit: I know mine says k1 on the side, but personally I switched to AOS while visiting in the US

Edited by Zaraliaya

2 hours ago, Zaraliaya said:

Out of curiosity,  wouldn't it be best to keep them separate since that forum are for K1-K3 filers, and we're all not that?
Edit: I know mine says k1 on the side, but personally I switched to AOS while visiting in the US

It does not matter to me personally, but the mods usually will close and lock the younger of the two same named threads. You have to use a different  title! Maybe I'm  in the wrong section 😊

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline

Thought I will update my timeline

4. 9/21/2020 - Received 4 text messages from USCIS with the 4 receipt numbers. The receipt numbers starts with MSC.
  5. 9/26/2020 - Received 4 I-797s corresponding to the NOAs. PD is 9/11/2020.

RoC Timeline:

Timeline
3 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

It does not matter to me personally, but the mods usually will close and lock the younger of the two same named threads. You have to use a different  title! Maybe I'm  in the wrong section 😊

I thought about that... whether to start this thread or not since there was another thread in the K1/K3 forum. Ultimately, I thought since these are in different forums, I should start this thread, mainly to communicate with people who have submitted AOS while on work/student/tourist visa. I am fine if the mods decide to merge them. But I prefer to have separate thread since they are in different sub-forums. There are probably members who visit this forum thread and not the K1/K3. I plan to participate in the other thread anyway.

RoC Timeline:

12 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

There are two separate forums for AOS - so it doesn't matter that it has the same title, there are two different processes - Many people post in both, but for me, personally, I would prefer to have them separate it's easier to keep up with others on the same path as you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.