Sarge2155

September 2020 - AOS Filers

763 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just sent in my package today via UPS and without the I-944 (I included a note in the cover page detailing my reason of doing so using the following USCIS statement.) Good luck to all September filers, we're in this together!

Edited by nobu

40 minutes ago, nobu said:

Just sent in my package today via UPS and without the I-944 (I included a note in the cover page detailing my reason of doing so using the following USCIS statement.) Good luck to all September filers, we're in this together!

Welcome to the thread you are the first. Let's  hope your journey is swift.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hopping in and out of here and Aug 2020.  My package was received today at the lockbox.  I also sent without the I 944

Edited by Tigerlily87

1 hour ago, Tigerlily87 said:

Hopping in and out of here and Aug 2020.  My package was received today at the lockbox.  I also sent without the I 944

Welcome to the thread! You can hop all you like!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

We sent the package on 8/31 to the PO Box via Priority Mail Express and it arrived on 9/1.

I am slightly concerned because as the sponsor I checked the box on the I-864 that I am self employed (I report a small amount of self-employment income on my tax returns in addition to my main job), but only included Schedule C along with the tax return transcripts, since that is where my self-employment income is reported. However, reading the instructions more closely, I was supposed to include all schedules with each return. I hope that results in an RFIE rather than a rejection.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 9/2/2020 at 2:00 PM, nobu said:

Hey! Gonna send mine without the i-944 also but on the i-485 question about the public charge, did you check yes or no to being exempt? 

21 minutes ago, Mackznie said:

Hey! Gonna send mine without the i-944 also but on the i-485 question about the public charge, did you check yes or no to being exempt? 

I'm pretty sure you check no not exempt!

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mackznie said:

I posted regarding this a while back. I treated this question very technically and ticked off NO as the instructions of the I-485 clearly state that the immigrant category for K1 requires the submission of the I-944 (obviously the I-944 is not required to be submitted now due to the injunction). 

24 minutes ago, nobu said:

I posted regarding this a while back. I treated this question very technically and ticked off NO as the instructions of the I-485 clearly state that the immigrant category for K1 requires the submission of the I-944 (obviously the I-944 is not required to be submitted now due to the injunction). 

Correct!!!!!

Citizenship Complete!

Timeline

The long weekend is over, now it’s time for the waiting game to recommence lol.  What are the chances that I will hear something anything at all before Sept 18?  They received my application on sept 3

1 hour ago, Tigerlily87 said:

The long weekend is over, now it’s time for the waiting game to recommence lol.  What are the chances that I will hear something anything at all before Sept 18?  They received my application on sept 3

Chances could be good, but no telling when. It's  best to just chill and wait a bit. Don't put a time frame on it or you'll be disappointed every time!

Citizenship Complete!

Timeline
Just now, Sarge2155 said:

Chances could be good, but no telling when. It's  best to just chill and wait a bit. Don't put a time frame on it or you'll be disappointed every time!

That’s what I’m going to try and do. I’m going to try and count the days until my Getaway weekend instead

29 minutes ago, Tigerlily87 said:

That’s what I’m going to try and do. I’m going to try and count the days until my Getaway weekend instead

Good  plan!

Citizenship Complete!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.