Sarge2155

September 2020 - AOS Filers

763 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all, I've been stalking the forum for some time now, but I've finally decided to join to go through all this process with you guys. 

I submitted AOS package for both my parents. I filed concurrently at the Chicago Lockbox. I filed on 8/27, but packages were received one on Sat 8/31 and another on 9/1, so I guess that makes me one of the first September filers. Today I finally heard from USCIS, I found the 4 credit card charges. CHICAGO LOCKBOX (2 for $535 & 2 for $1225). I have not received any text messages or emails, so not sure if I should expect those soon. This time I'm really nervous because I didn't use the preparer I used for my own immigration, removal of conditions and citizenship,  for the first time ever, I felt like I was experienced enough with USCIS to prepare the documents myself without paying any commissions. (saved myself $2K ☺️)

By the way, no I-944 and no special message on the cover letter.  

Aug 27 2020 - sent 2x forms (I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765) via USPS from WAUKESHA, WI (1.5 HOURS FROM CHICAGO)

Aug 31 2020 - 1 of 2 packages delivered (The other one took a quick vacation to NYC, thanks USPS)  

Sep 01 2020 - Second package delivered (Sigh) 

Sep 16 20 20- 4 CHICAGO LOCKBOX charges found on credit card (2 for $535 & 2 for $1225)

Edited by erick_6921

AOS For Parents

-8/29/2020: Sent packages
-8/31/2020: Delivered to USCIS (PD)
-9/16/2020: NOA1 dates for all forms
-10/03/2020: Biometric appointment letters received
-10/23/2020: Biometrics taken
-11/18/2020: RFIE for I-944
-12/18/2020: Sent I-944 package
-12/22/2020: Case status updated to Response To USCIs’ request for evidence received
-12/29/2020: I-693 deficiency letter received
-1/4/2021: EAD status changed to “New Card Is Being Produced”
-1/5/2021: AP & EAD status changed to "Case was Approved" 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, erick_6921 said:

Hi all, I've been stalking the forum for some time now, but I've finally decided to join to go through all this process with you guys. 

I submitted AOS package for both my parents. I filed concurrently at the Chicago Lockbox. I filed on 8/27, but packages were received one on Sat 8/31 and another on 9/1, so I guess that makes me one of the first September filers. Today I finally heard from USCIS, I found the 4 credit card charges. CHICAGO LOCKBOX (2 for $535 & 2 for $1225). I have not received any text messages or emails, so not sure if I should expect those soon. This time I'm really nervous because I didn't use the preparer I used for my own immigration, removal of conditions and citizenship,  for the first time ever, I felt like I was experienced enough with USCIS to prepare the documents myself without paying any commissions. (saved myself $2K ☺️)

Aug 27 2020 - sent 2x forms (I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765) via USPS from WAUKESHA, WI (1.5 HOURS FROM CHICAGO)

Aug 29 2020 - 1 of 2 packages delivered (The other one took a quick vacation to NYC, thanks USPS)  

Aug 31 2020 - Second package delivered (Sigh) 

Sep 16 20 20- 4 CHICAGO LOCKBOX charges found on credit card (2 for $535 & 2 for $1225)

Small correction on timeline, it's not letting me edit again, sorry for the confusion: 

Aug 31 2020 - 1 of 2 packages delivered (The other one took a quick vacation to NYC, thanks USPS)  

AOS For Parents

-12/22/2020: Case status updated to Response To USCIs’ request for evidence received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Sent off our packet on Monday and was signed for yesterday, but no text or email notification of application processing yet! My nerves are wrecked because I didn't send in the i-944... hopefully they consider the date of mailing when determining this! 

On 9/3/2020 at 11:04 AM, JKLSemicolon said:

We sent the package on 8/31 to the PO Box via Priority Mail Express and it arrived on 9/1.

I am slightly concerned because as the sponsor I checked the box on the I-864 that I am self employed (I report a small amount of self-employment income on my tax returns in addition to my main job), but only included Schedule C along with the tax return transcripts, since that is where my self-employment income is reported. However, reading the instructions more closely, I was supposed to include all schedules with each return. I hope that results in an RFIE rather than a rejection.

Small update, as of today there is a pending charge of $1225 on my credit card from the Chicago Lockbox.

Timeline
43 minutes ago, JKLSemicolon said:

Small update, as of today there is a pending charge of $1225 on my credit card from the Chicago Lockbox.

Good to know they’re starting to move on September applications. 

AOS For Parents

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
18 hours ago, erick_6921 said:

I'm so jealous. Mine was delivered on 31st but still nothing yet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Has anyone submitted their AOS package without the i-944 since they "lifted in the injunction on September 11th"? I know nothing has been formally posted on the USCIS website but I have just been sitting on my application that I was ready to submit on the 11th until my immigration attorney friend told me they lifted it. 

21 minutes ago, Mackznie said:

Has anyone submitted their AOS package without the i-944 since they "lifted in the injunction on September 11th"? I know nothing has been formally posted on the USCIS website but I have just been sitting on my application that I was ready to submit on the 11th until my immigration attorney friend told me they lifted it. 

This whole I-944 is so confusing for people one day they want it the next day they don't it's very hard to ascertain what to do. I'll give you my opinion on your situation. Since the fees are due to increase on October 2, 2020 substantially I might add, if your I-944 is ready to go now meaning you have all the supporting documents that go with the I-944 ready RIGHT NOW then send it ASAP WITH the I-944 if they don't want it or need it no harm no foul your package gets accepted provided there are no other shortcomings.

On the other hand if your I-944 is not ready meaning you have not got all the supporting documents together and I understand it takes awhile to gather them all send your packet NOW WITHOUT the I-944 and take your chances. But you must do it NOW to try and avoid the increase. There have been September filers that have not submitted the I-944. This scenario is based on the fact that you are wanting to avoid the increase. If the increase is of no importance to you then waiting until you get the real word or the website changes would be the way to go ultimately.

I know this is not the best course of action, but it is the most logical as if you don't submit the I-944 and USCIS decides they want it your package will get rejected and returned to you in at which case you will have to pay the new fees anyway when you resubmit. Similarly, if you submit with the I-944 and they don't need it your package gets accepted and you avoid the increase in fee.  These scenarios are based on a rushed time factor due to the increase in fees you undoubtedly want to avoid. In the end the choice is yours to make.

It is sooooo pitiful that we have to second guess everything and the government is so screwed up at this point in time. But you have to do what's best for your situation.

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

This whole I-944 is so confusing for people one day they want it the next day they don't it's very hard to ascertain what to do. I'll give you my opinion on your situation. Since the fees are due to increase on October 2, 2020 substantially I might add, if your I-944 is ready to go now meaning you have all the supporting documents that go with the I-944 ready RIGHT NOW then send it ASAP WITH the I-944 if they don't want it or need it no harm no foul your package gets accepted provided there are no other shortcomings.

On the other hand if your I-944 is not ready meaning you have not got all the supporting documents together and I understand it takes awhile to gather them all send your packet NOW WITHOUT the I-944 and take your chances. But you must do it NOW to try and avoid the increase. There have been September filers that have not submitted the I-944. This scenario is based on the fact that you are wanting to avoid the increase. If the increase is of no importance to you then waiting until you get the real word or the website changes would be the way to go ultimately.

I know this is not the best course of action, but it is the most logical as if you don't submit the I-944 and USCIS decides they want it your package will get rejected and returned to you in at which case you will have to pay the new fees anyway when you resubmit. Similarly, if you submit with the I-944 and they don't need it your package gets accepted and you avoid the increase in fee.  These scenarios are based on a rushed time factor due to the increase in fees you undoubtedly want to avoid. In the end the choice is yours to make.

It is sooooo pitiful that we have to second guess everything and the government is so screwed up at this point in time. But you have to do what's best for your situation.

I couldn't agree more, the whole thing is a mess! And its worse when attorneys dont even know whats going on so no one actually has the answer!

To confirm though, if they reject the package due to lack of i-944, they don't cash your check and there is no penalty to re-submit? Its just like no this is wrong and you need to do it again for us to even consider this? 

47 minutes ago, Mackznie said:

I couldn't agree more, the whole thing is a mess! And its worse when attorneys dont even know whats going on so no one actually has the answer!

To confirm though, if they reject the package due to lack of i-944, they don't cash your check and there is no penalty to re-submit? Its just like no this is wrong and you need to do it again for us to even consider this? 

The I-944 is part of the I-485 if they reject it they send the entire package back and they do not cash your check.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all,

Tomorrow I will be filing again for the I-485 Adjustment of Status.  I sent the package last month, but the first package went cold and was never delivered by the USPS (I used Priority Mail as well).  I contacted them and they can't seem to help me anymore.  So I'm mailing a 2nd package.  I put a stop payment on the first one in case they ever receive it.  I am so mad right now with the USPS that I will never use them again.  Using UPS this time as I find them more reliable.  It's been a month since I mailed out the first package so I think it's safe to say the other one is pretty much gone for good.

I just hope the first package doesn't fall into the wrong hands.....

event.png

7 minutes ago, apellica said:

Hi all,

Tomorrow I will be filing again for the I-485 Adjustment of Status.  I sent the package last month, but the first package went cold and was never delivered by the USPS (I used Priority Mail as well).  I contacted them and they can't seem to help me anymore.  So I'm mailing a 2nd package.  I put a stop payment on the first one in case they ever receive it.  I am so mad right now with the USPS that I will never use them again.  Using UPS this time as I find them more reliable.  It's been a month since I mailed out the first package so I think it's safe to say the other one is pretty much gone for good.

That's  terrible yes USPS has major problems now.  

I always  use FedEx myself. But I'm  thinking as soon as you mail the new one off the first one will turn up. It always  happens that way. Bravo for putting in the stop payment because that will garentee it gets rejected and returned to you when it shows up. I'm  very  sorry. Hurry and get it back out check your forms make sure they are the newest ones as there have been updates.

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ours went out Aug 27 and delivered at Chicago lockbox on Sep 1. No word since then. We had certified checks so I guess there will be no way to tell if they have been cashed. Our lawyer requested that we prepare the I-944, but he did not submit it with the application he sent in.

Timeline
3 hours ago, apellica said:

Hi all,

Double check the revision you’re sending of I-765, there was a new version on 8/25/2020 so if you sent your package last month odds are the one you filled was the old one. 

AOS For Parents

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.