Sarge2155

September 2020 - AOS Filers

763 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, Mackznie said:

Is there a preference to put the check first in the package? 

Yes check on top where they can see it plainly.

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/2/2020 at 2:00 PM, nobu said:

Just sent in my package today via UPS and without the I-944 (I included a note in the cover page detailing my reason of doing so using the following USCIS statement.) Good luck to all September filers, we're in this together!

Hi! I will be filing AOS this month as well - do you mind sharing what you included as your note about the I-944?

That's great news about not having to file this form - there's so many already! Thanks for your time :)

1 minute ago, Stephanie2996 said:

Hi! I will be filing AOS this month as well - do you mind sharing what you included as your note about the I-944?

That's great news about not having to file this form - there's so many already! Thanks for your time :)

Be advised that the fees go up next month October 2nd substantially, better shake a leg!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sarge2155 said:

Be advised that the fees go up next month October 2nd substantially, better shake a leg!

Yes, I've just heard that!! Is the increase for the I-485 AOS application AND the I-765 (employment authorization)? And when submitted together, do you pay for both still?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Stephanie2996 said:

I did the same thing. This is what I wrote in my cover letter and I included a print out of the injunction as part of the i-485 packet at the end. 

"Enclosed please find Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status and supplemental sheets, Form I-864 Affidavit of Support, Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization, Form I-131 Application of Travel Document, along with supporting documentation. My eligibility is based on the admission as the fiancé of a U.S. Citizen and subsequent marriage to that citizen within 90 days of entry. I have also included the Injunction of the Inadmissibility on Public Charge Grounds Final Rule as it pertains to Form I-944 which is not included in the packet. Please find the following forms and supporting documents in this order:"

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mackznie said:

I did the same thing. This is what I wrote in my cover letter and I included a print out of the injunction as part of the i-485 packet at the end. 

"Enclosed please find Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status and supplemental sheets, Form I-864 Affidavit of Support, Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization, Form I-131 Application of Travel Document, along with supporting documentation. My eligibility is based on the admission as the fiancé of a U.S. Citizen and subsequent marriage to that citizen within 90 days of entry. I have also included the Injunction of the Inadmissibility on Public Charge Grounds Final Rule as it pertains to Form I-944 which is not included in the packet. Please find the following forms and supporting documents in this order:"

Thank you! That's super helpful

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Also did you "completely fill out" the applications by putting N/A everywhere else that isn't applicable to you or did you leave those blank and only any questions that were applicable? Getting the crazies now!

Timeline

I have a question about the Affidavit of Support. My husband is a full-time student, so we had his dad as our sponsor during my K1 Visa process. We're going to have him (my father in law) fill out the I-864 for AOS as well. Does my husband still need to fill out / submit an Affidavit, even though he's not employed? Thanks :) 

Edited by Stephanie2996

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Stephanie2996 said:

I have a question about the Affidavit of Support. My husband is a full-time student, so we had his dad as our sponsor during my K1 Visa process. We're going to have him (my father in law) fill out the I-864 for AOS as well. Does my husband still need to fill out / submit an Affidavit, even though he's not employed? Thanks :) 

Yes. All the requirements still apply to him.

So he needs to provide a 864 and tax information. If he doesn't file taxes, then an explanation letter stating why.

2 hours ago, Stephanie2996 said:

Yes, I've just heard that!! Is the increase for the I-485 AOS application AND the I-765 (employment authorization)? And when submitted together, do you pay for both still?

Yes when submitted all together you are still paying for all, don't forget to file the I-131 even though you think you may not need it. I've seen many a sorry couple sorry that they did not file the AP.  It's a simple form and I recommend 100% you submit it along with your AOS packet.

Citizenship Complete!

Timeline

Application sent Aug 27, received Sept 1 at Chicago lockbox and signed for by J. Harper. I'm nervous now! How long before NOA (I know there is a long weekend and all)? Also how long roughly for EAD/AP? My timeline estimate is late Feb/early March, which sounds about right. But curious if things how things are moving now with COVID reopenings?  

Timeline

(Apologies for so many questions today...)

Can someone help me further understand how the Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record works?

I had my K1 visa medical done in Mar 2020, so I do have the DS-3025 form. 

My understanding is that I take the I-693 form to a doctors office (one that is on the USCIS list) to have them fill out the majority of it, and return to me in a sealed packet, which I send with all my other AOS documents. Is that correct? How much does that typically cost? Has anyone experienced delays in getting appointments for that, or are they pretty quick at getting you in?

Thanks again :) 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Stephanie2996 said:

Can someone help me further understand how the Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record works?

My understanding is that I take the I-693 form to a doctors office (one that is on the USCIS list) to have them fill out the majority of it, and return to me in a sealed packet, which I send with all my other AOS documents. Is that correct? How much does that typically cost? Has anyone experienced delays in getting appointments for that, or are they pretty quick at getting you in?

If your vaccination sheet is marked completed, you don't need to do anything else.

2 hours ago, Stephanie2996 said:

Just submit your DS-3025 with your AOS, you'll be good. No I-693 needed if you had ALL your required  shots and it was less than one year ago!

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.