Greenbaum

SEPTEMBER 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

583 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malawi
Timeline

Our NOA1 is from September 8th and still haven't heard anything. I called USCIS today and was able to get through to an actual person pretty quickly. She said she added a note to the case stating it was outside normal processing times, gave me a confirmation number for it, and said that I could call again and fill out the online form after 30 days. I was a little surprised as everyone on here and the online website said 45 days. I have no idea if calling will help at all, but I was getting antsy not doing anything

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
42 minutes ago, q203 said:

Our NOA1 is from September 8th and still haven't heard anything. I called USCIS today and was able to get through to an actual person pretty quickly. She said she added a note to the case stating it was outside normal processing times, gave me a confirmation number for it, and said that I could call again and fill out the online form after 30 days. I was a little surprised as everyone on here and the online website said 45 days. I have no idea if calling will help at all, but I was getting antsy not doing anything

Hopefully you hear something soon! I noticed there is a lot around me that are still waiting to be adjusted. Mine, the one before me and about 5 below all have action. But then the 15 after that are all untouched.

Our Timeline:

i29F Sent: 9/17/20

NOA 1: 9/21/20

RFE: 4/14/21

RFE Response Sent: 4/22/21

RFE Response Received: 4/26/21

NOA 2: 5/10/21

Interview Date: December 10, 2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

Feeling good about how many cases were processed in the past two days (74 per day), so I decided to post the update early.  Might switch to posting daily for the next week or so.  Of note, Most of the days updates are posts around noon eastern with a handful of cases coming in afterwards; at least that is how its been for most of this week, so I might compile the information a bit past that time.

image.png.e3d19fbd04ff3fcddf3e3a55fead12a3.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
On 4/28/2021 at 9:55 AM, JustineC85 said:

We got our RFE last week. We didnt answer 3 questions. 😒

Oh no!! What 3 questions, if I may ask?

Also... seriously thank you so much quinnscribe and Jobbins for yall's weekly updates... they really help in this thread to see how things are moving!! 

Still not heard anything here... tomorrow is our 7 month.

Timeline

I see more in the -500 range for approval and RFE and none of them are me ;_; I tossed in paperwork to my Senator because I figure they take awhile to look, and am waiting for it to officially say the 28th is past processing time, but I have Hopes Going.

*hugs* all around to all of us who are scrabbling at the walls as we've hit month 7, I know we're all crazy but we got each other.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, ZK8 said:

Good luck everyone - I just received some good news today:

• NOA1: Sept 29, 2020
  • NOA2: April 29, 2020

If you are still waiting, you will be next soon enough!

Next stop, NVC!

Please update your timeline. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
36 minutes ago, ZK8 said:

Good luck everyone - I just received some good news today:

• NOA1: Sept 29, 2020
  • NOA2: April 29, 2020

If you are still waiting, you will be next soon enough!

Next stop, NVC!

Congratulations 

11/21/20: I-129F packet shipped via USPS

11/25/20: I-129F delivered to Dallas Lockbox (Lewisville)

11/27/20: Backdated I-129F "received date"

2/23/21: I-129F fee charged to bank account

2/25/21: Text alert NOA1 Receipt/Case Number

3/3/21 :  Received NOA1 Letter in the mail

On 4/28/2021 at 10:55 AM, JustineC85 said:

We got our RFE last week. We didnt answer 3 questions. 😒

It’s too bad they can’t just call us to clear things up.. I’m still waiting on mine to come in the mail :(

On 4/28/2021 at 10:36 AM, macorbin said:

congratulations. where is your benefitionary country

Beneficiary is from England. Any common RFEs for countries in the UK?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
16 hours ago, JobbinsKnobbins said:

Feeling good about how many cases were processed in the past two days (74 per day), so I decided to post the update early.  Might switch to posting daily for the next week or so.  Of note, Most of the days updates are posts around noon eastern with a handful of cases coming in afterwards; at least that is how its been for most of this week, so I might compile the information a bit past that time.

image.png.e3d19fbd04ff3fcddf3e3a55fead12a3.png

Thanks! i always look forward to this. To me its still concerning how there are a bunch of August filers still waiting. If you go back to the August 20-31, i counted at least 150 petitions still waiting. And there are a high number of cases waiting in the 65500 mark for September. It appears if you aren't on the first round of cases for whatever date they are completing, they move on and go back to those dates in a slow pace, never completing more than 10 on a day. Lastly just looking at 1200 still in process i feel like they should be completing about 100- 150 cases a day to finish September in 2-3 weeks time.  But of course i know that wont happen!! Ugh...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I am 23 September and when I see the approval of those who applied after me, I am happy for them, but I myself am very sorry that I am still waiting  :( also I am grateful to you all for this list and posts 🙏

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, J&D1008 said:

Thanks! i always look forward to this. To me its still concerning how there are a bunch of August filers still waiting. If you go back to the August 20-31, i counted at least 150 petitions still waiting. And there are a high number of cases waiting in the 65500 mark for September. It appears if you aren't on the first round of cases for whatever date they are completing, they move on and go back to those dates in a slow pace, never completing more than 10 on a day. Lastly just looking at 1200 still in process i feel like they should be completing about 100- 150 cases a day to finish September in 2-3 weeks time.  But of course i know that wont happen!! Ugh...

I feel like they pull later dates to keep the "average" down that they post on the processing times on their site. This is just my conspiracy theory - no idea what their actual reasoning is lol

Timeline
15 hours ago, quinnscribe said:

I see more in the -500 range for approval and RFE and none of them are me ;_; I tossed in paperwork to my Senator because I figure they take awhile to look, and am waiting for it to officially say the 28th is past processing time, but I have Hopes Going.

*hugs* all around to all of us who are scrabbling at the walls as we've hit month 7, I know we're all crazy but we got each other.

I feel you, even having gotten an RFE its bittersweet. Yes you are happy that your case at least as looked at, but now there is more waiting. And then the waiting just resets at NVC. This whole process is a test in patience. Thankfully, I am a full time college student and work full time. It gives me SOMETHING to focus on while I wait. 

Our Timeline:

Timeline
2 minutes ago, KSVJ said:

I feel like they pull later dates to keep the "average" down that they post on the processing times on their site. This is just my conspiracy theory - no idea what their actual reasoning is lol

I have a theory that they pull some very early like we saw in Nov because they starts the measurement of time. So, we will see the Nov time frame be like 4 months. And the latest is the real time you should expect to get your NOA2. And, it feels it is better to get some action before you hit the outside processing times. Because I do feel they work through those after they move on the next batch. It looks like they do it to where a batch is just below half processed and then move on.

Our Timeline:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.