Diana2020

My husband was detained in Atlanta today 😭

68 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

my point is why wait 6 months?...what exactly stops you from getting the documents together today?....bear in mind that nobody foresaw the state of our immigration system as at January this year...everything changed suddenly as time changes yesterday....file now

The reason why bcos I am a permanent resident and  I was told that filing your spouse with permanent resident is not a good  idea. I just filed citizenship this last month.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Diana2020 said:

I will give it six months and I will apply for the spousal visa for him since it will be impossible to file him B1/B2. 

The queue is getting longer every day.  No reason to wait....

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Diana2020 said:

The reason why bcos I am a permanent resident and  I was told that filing your spouse with permanent resident is not a good  idea. I just filed citizenship this last month.

Whoever told you this gave you extremely bad advice.

File today as an LPR, and upgrade the petition when you become a citizen.  Get into the queue now.

My nephew became an LPR in 2017, got married, and filed for his wife immediately.  They waited for 2 years for her PD to become current.  She got her immigration visa last year and has a 10 years green card.  My nephew is still an LPR.  

8 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

Whoever told you this gave you extremely bad advice.

File today as an LPR, and upgrade the petition when you become a citizen.  Get into the queue now.

My nephew became an LPR in 2017, got married, and filed for his wife immediately.  They waited for 2 years for her PD to become current.  She got her immigration visa last year and has a 10 years green card.  My nephew is still an LPR.  

Oh gosh this is really help Thanks for the information what is LPR stands for?

14 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

you were told wrong he is your husband right?...file today when you become a citizen , send a letter to USCIS to upgrade the petition to IR1 if it has not been approved yet....When it comes to immigration especially US immigration system nothing is promised tomorrow

I was told by many, that’s why I was hesitant to file anything. Thanks for your info I appreciate it.

Atlanta is tough. We learned this early on. A  10 year tourist visa travel history  to U.S with 0 overstays.....Atlanta gave us a hard time one a visit this past February.  With a return flight and a work id from embassy in her country.  Checked her bags.. questioned for hours.  With 0 history or reason that would give cause for an overstay.  After a few hours and missed connecting flight they let her in. 0 proof for them to hold her.

Since then she flying into FLL.not 1 question or problem since 

I'd avoid Atlanta and the other cities that cause such a drama as another poster listed.

2 minutes ago, T and E said:

Atlanta is tough. We learned this early on. A  10 year tourist visa travel history  to U.S with 0 overstays.....Atlanta gave us a hard time one a visit this past February.  With a return flight and a work id from embassy in her country.  Checked her bags.. questioned for hours.  With 0 history or reason that would give cause for an overstay.  After a few hours and missed connecting flight they let her in. 0 proof for them to hold her.

Since then she flying into FLL.not 1 question or problem since 

I'd avoid Atlanta and the other cities that cause such a drama as another poster listed.

Thank you for sharing, I think you are right, the last time I bought a one way ticket and he arrived Miami Florida and he never had problem and that was last year and he went back within two weeks due to his job.  I never thought about this but yet it’s too late and lesson learn , and  everyone of you are so helpful and it does really help relieve my stress by reading all the supports and advices... 

7 minutes ago, Diana2020 said:

I was told by many, that’s why I was hesitant to file anything. Thanks for your info I appreciate it.

F2A is currently banned for visa issuance (Trump’s Presidential proclamation), maybe that is what these many people were thinking of, but by the time the petition is processed the ban should be over (it is to end of this year). As above if you become a citizen in the interim before his interview, you can upgrade the petition. Absolutely no reason to wait. 

35 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

F2A is currently banned for visa issuance (Trump’s Presidential proclamation), maybe that is what these many people were thinking of, but by the time the petition is processed the ban should be over (it is to end of this year). As above if you become a citizen in the interim before his interview, you can upgrade the petition. Absolutely no reason to wait. 

Thank you I will start the process as soon as he get back with me.

my brother in law just called me and he said that he have not arrive yet in Jamaica.  They have a flight for him 9 am to 11:30 until now he has not arrive Jamaica. 

I’m not sure what’s going on, I hope they didn’t not lock him up? Just not making sense how they can hold a person with no history of overstayed? 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Diana2020 said:

He wants me to move to Jamaica, but I don’t want to move I rather have him move in USA but we were waiting for his contract to end. We will

be applying soon, but due to this issue do you think they’ll allow me to petition him? This removal will not affect my Petition for him? 

Apply for his spousal visa, do not wait for his contract to end because if you start applying now, the whole process till issuance of spousal visa will take alot of time. By that time, his contract will probably already come to an end. Think more strategically. My prayers are with you. 

1 hour ago, Kuchiki said:

Apply for his spousal visa, do not wait for his contract to end because if you start applying now, the whole process till issuance of spousal visa will take alot of time. By that time, his contract will probably already come to an end. Think more strategically. My prayers are with you. 

Thank you so much I have spoke to one of the immigration assistant to process our spousal visa. Also he told me he was treated badly in the detention office they lock him up. Didn’t feed him no dinner nor water. They took His phone shoes watch and other paperwork he brought. They put him on a close door office and lock him inside. I felt bad for what he went through he was treated like he was criminal. It was sad. I felt so bad for him. 

2 minutes ago, Diana2020 said:

Thank you so much I have spoke to one of the immigration assistant to process our spousal visa.

What do you mean? Your spousal visa will not be processed for a long time, since you haven't even filed the petition for that.  It is unlikely that he will be able to immigrate until late 2021 or 2022.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Diana2020 said:

Thank you so much I have spoke to one of the immigration assistant to process our spousal visa. Also he told me he was treated badly in the detention office they lock him up. Didn’t feed him no dinner nor water. They took His phone shoes watch and other paperwork he brought. They put him on a close door office and lock him inside. I felt bad for what he went through he was treated like he was criminal. It was sad. I felt so bad for him. 

Sorry to hear that. I hope things become better for you and your husband. Just file an i130 petition asap. Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.