Sarge2155

August 2020 - AOS Filers

2,327 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, HRQX said:

That is correct.

Thanks. The example on VJ has immigration benefit ticked as no so I was confused.

Also I thought I needed to include my foreign tax return but I only see it mention US tax returns which I have said no to completing..

1 hour ago, Cilllah said:

Finally received both of my RFIE. Now the fun begins of filling in a I-944 for a three year old..

Good luck with that. I have received I944 for me and my wife 21st of October and we responded back. RFIE wanted medical I693 too :)

My question to all is: As we receive the RFIE for I944, which is not our fault as USCIS didn't have the form for I944 in August 2020, what would happen to our EAD/AP or biometrics wait time? Like will USCIS reset the clock or restart the clock for EAD/AP as we respond to the RFIE (which again it is their fault). 

What the hell is wrong with USCIS. Same response and closed service request for biometrics appointment without any resolution:

Our records indicate that we are awaiting your appearance for biometric processing. Your case is currently in suspense or on hold until we receive your biometrics.  Your application information has been entered into the system which schedules applicants for biometrics at their local ASC. Once you have been scheduled, you will receive an ASC Appointment Notice containing the date, time and location of your appointment.  You must take the ASC Appointment Notice and photo ID to your appointment.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
54 minutes ago, VJ09 said:

Hmm 2.5 months after NOA1 and no Biometrics yet on I-485, is this what others are experiencing?

Same, 93 days and nada...I’m in DC

56 minutes ago, VJ09 said:

Hmm 2.5 months after NOA1 and no Biometrics yet on I-485, is this what others are experiencing?

4 months and still no bio appointment for me. I'm in Brooklyn. 

I-751

July 25, 2023 - Submitted ROC via USPS 

July 31, 2023 - Credit card charged

Aug 1, 2023 - Text confirmation with IOE number received

Aug 14, 2023 - 48-month extension letter received

Aug 23, 2023 - Biometrics appointment at Brooklyn ASC

I-485

July 2, 2020 - 1st AOS submission via USPS  | July 19, 2020 - Rejected package received due to "missing forms" | July 20, 2020 - Resubmitted AOS Package | July 26, 2020 - AOS received at Chicago lockbox via USPS

July 27, 2020 - USCIS online status: Case received

Aug 9, 2020 - Credit card was charged | Aug 13, 2020 - Received SMS confirmation from USCIS | Aug 17, 2020 - Received NOAs in the mail | Aug 21, 2020 - USCIS account updated to RFE (waiting for mail)

Aug 27, 2020 - Hard copy of RFIE received in the mail (I-864EZ rejected) | Aug 31, 2020 - Response to RFIE sent to NBC

Sept 9, 2020 - Response to RFIE received by USCIS | Sept. 22, 2020 - Received I-693 deficiency notice

Nov 21, 2020 - Date USCIS sent out biometrics appointment letter  | Nov. 28, 2020 - Received bio appointment letter

Dec 18, 2020 - Biometrics appointment completed in Brooklyn ASC | Dec. 19, 2020 - Case updated to fingerprints taken (I-485 and I-765) | Dec. 30, 2020 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

Feb 25, 2021 - New card is being produced (EAD) | Feb. 26, 2021 - EAD and AP have been approved

Mar 3, 2021 - Combo card received | Mar. 5, 2021 - SSN card received

Aug 31, 2021 - Case updated online to interview has been scheduled | Sept 8, 2021 - Interview schedule received in the mail via USPS

Oct 5, 2021 - Scheduled interview | Oct 6, 2021 - Approved

On 11/25/2020 at 4:17 PM, Sarge2155 said:

Yes until You send in your RFE your case is on a processing hold.

Does it effect the EAD processing time? 

14 minutes ago, INF said:

Does it effect the EAD processing time? 

RFE suspends everything

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Just now, Sarge2155 said:

RFE suspends everything

Ah, not like I was the first on the list for biometrics. My office is doing post covid biometrics right now. Continue to wait I guess..

3 minutes ago, INF said:

Ah, not like I was the first on the list for biometrics. My office is doing post covid biometrics right now. Continue to wait I guess..

Yes its a bummer

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

2 hours ago, INF said:

How lo

What is the usual processing time of the RFE once USCIS receives it? 

I would not even attempt to guess at this point in time. There are so many variables.

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey guys. Just clarification on I944 question on section E about number of household. 

So our situation is, me and my husband r living on out father in law's house. He rarely stays here like very rare. He pays for it every month. My husband is not part of his tax nor my father in law's on my husband's. He is our cosponsor when we did k1 as my husband is self employed. He is also our sponsor now. 

1. Should we add him as part of the household? 

20201129_134821.jpg

K1 Visa Adjustment of Status Timeline 
08/14/20 - AOS (I-485, I-864, I-765, I-131) sent to Chicago lock box

09/04/20 - Check has been cashed

09/11/20 - Received NOA

10/29/20 - RFE for I944 

11/10/20 - Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received

04/30/21 - Biometric Appointment 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, mslanie_bells said:

Hey guys. Just clarification on I944 question on section E about number of household. 

So our situation is, me and my husband r living on out father in law's house. He rarely stays here like very rare. He pays for it every month. My husband is not part of his tax nor my father in law's on my husband's. He is our cosponsor when we did k1 as my husband is self employed. He is also our sponsor now. 

1. Should we add him as part of the household? 

20201129_134821.jpg

Here’s what the I-944 instructions document has to say about this:

Part 2. Family Status (Your Household)
USCIS will review your family status as a factor in the public charge inadmissibility determination, which includes an assessment of your household, as defined in 8 CFR 212.21(d). The term child includes stepchildren and adopted children, as provided in INA section 101(b)(1).
Item Number 1. Household. The following individuals are part of your household:
1. If you are 21 years of age or older, or under the age of 21 and married, list the following household members in
Part 2., as applicable:
A. You;
B. Your spouse, if physically residing with you;
C. Your children (under the age of 21 and unmarried) physically residing with you;
D. Your other children (under the age of 21 and unmarried) not physically residing with you for whom you provide or are required to provide at least 50 percent of financial support, as evidenced by a child support order or agreement, a custody order or agreement, or any other order or agreement specifying the amount of financial support to be provided by you;
E. Any other individuals (including a spouse not physically residing with you) to whom you provide, or are required to provide, at least 50 percent of the individual’s financial support, or who are listed as a dependent on your federal income tax return; and
F. Any individual who provides to you at least 50 percent of your financial support, or who lists you as a dependent on his or her federal income tax return.
2. If you are a child (under the age of 21 and unmarried) list the following household members on the table in Part 2., as applicable:
A. You;
B. Your children (under the age of 21 and unmarried) physically residing with you;
C. Your other children (under the age of 21 and unmarried), not physically residing with you for whom you provide or are required to provide at least 50 percent of financial support, as evidenced by a child support order or agreement, a custody order or agreement, or any other order or agreement specifying the amount of financial support to be provided by you;
D. Your parents, legal guardians, or any other individual providing or required to provide at least 50 percent of financial support to you as evidenced by a child support order or agreement, a custody order or agreement, or any other order or agreement specifying the amount of financial support to be provided by you;
E. Your parents’ or legal guardians’ other children (under the age of 21 and unmarried) physically residing with you;
F. Your parents’ or legal guardians’ other children (under the age of 21 and unmarried) not physically residing with you for whom the parent or legal guardian provides or is required to provide at least 50 percent of financial support, as evidenced by a child support order or agreement, a custody order or agreement, or any other order or agreement specifying the amount of financial support to be provided by the parents or legal guardians; and

G. Any other individual to whom your parents or legal guardians provide or other individuals provide, or are required to provide, at least 50 percent of financial support or who are listed as a dependent on your parents’ or legal guardians’ federal income tax return.
In addition to listing each household member’s name (including yourself), also provide each individual’s date of birth, relationship to you (for yourself, you must list “self”), A-Number (if any), and whether the individual is filing an immigration benefit application with you. If the individual is not filing an immigration benefit application with you, select “No” when asked “Is this individual filing an application for an immigration benefit with you or has this individual already filed an application?”
You will have at least one individual listed because you must include yourself.

If you have any questions about immigration documents, always consult the appropriate related instructions document before posting. You can find these directly next to the download link for the form in question on the USCIS website.

Pro tip: if you don’t feel like reading the whole thing to find the answer to your question, you can search for specific words on any document by pressing control+F on PC (command+F on Mac) or on iPhone, there will be a button on the middle-bottom of your phone that pops up when you scroll to the top of the document, it looks like a square with an arrow pointing upwards. Tap that, and scroll down to the button that says “Find on Page”, press that and search away! I typed in “household” to find your answer. Good luck.

"Well, I Was Sleeping, Y'Know, And My Mother, Who Passed When I Was Very Young, Y'Know, She Appeared In A Dream, Y'Know, And She Told Me, Y'Know, Very Gently To Just Let It Be, And So The Next Morning I Went Right Over To The Piano, Y'Know, And I Began To, Y'Know, Write The Song, Y'Know"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.