Sarge2155

August 2020 - AOS Filers

2,327 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Update: we checked the case status today and our I-485 status has updated to “Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview” as of Feb 2nd 2021.

Does this mean we will definitely be having an interview? Also, how long is the wait from here for someone who’s local field office is San Bernardino, CA? Does this mean we are going to be interviewed soon?

Another update, I need some advice. On the health insurance plan wrongful termination I posted about recently. The expedited grievance submitted on our behalf was supposed to reach a conclusion today but still has not. Upon calling today to check in on it they said it will take up to 30 days. I’m afraid that we will get our interview by then and my wife (immigrant) won’t be insured and we will get denied because of the public charge rule. This is so frustrating. Please tell me we aren’t on the brink of getting a letter for an interview soon... Thanks, and I will update when I have more info to give. 

Edited by mogiftney

"Well, I Was Sleeping, Y'Know, And My Mother, Who Passed When I Was Very Young, Y'Know, She Appeared In A Dream, Y'Know, And She Told Me, Y'Know, Very Gently To Just Let It Be, And So The Next Morning I Went Right Over To The Piano, Y'Know, And I Began To, Y'Know, Write The Song, Y'Know"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 hours ago, mogiftney said:

Please tell me we aren’t on the brink of getting a letter for an interview soon... Thanks, and I will update when I have more info to give. 

This is a pre-interview status, and there can be a lot of time in between it and the actual interview scheduling, e.g. this person in San Bernadino was recently waiting months, https://www.reddit.com/r/USCIS/comments/k72tak/aos_interviews_at_san_bernardino_field_office/   

I also don't think you'll get a straight no for the insurance, even if the dispute doesn't work out in your favor. Can definitely understand the frustration, though. I had a policy cancelled on me years ago because an employee misread something and it took me several months to unwind. My one piece of advice is do as much as you can in writing. 

Click to reveal AOS Timeline:

Spoiler

08/19/20  I-130, I-485 Signed for at Chicago Lockbox

08/21/20 I-130, I-485 Accepted

09/04/20  Credit Card Charged

09/13/20  Text With Receipt Number (x2)

09/24/20  I-130, I-485 NOA received

11/17/20  Response to RFIE Requesting I-944 Delivered to USCIS

11/18/20 Account Updated to show Response to I-944 RFIE Was Received

1/23/20 Biometrics Appointment Notice Received (Notice Dated 1/16)

2/10/20 Biometrics Appointment

11 hours ago, mogiftney said:

Update: we checked the case status today and our I-485 status has updated to “Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview” as of Feb 2nd 2021.

Congratulations!!! Still waiting here.

20 hours ago, mogiftney said:

Does this mean we will definitely be having an interview? Also, how long is the wait from here for someone who’s local field office is San Bernardino, CA? Does this mean we are going to be interviewed soon?

Another update, I need some advice. On the health insurance plan wrongful termination I posted about recently. The expedited grievance submitted on our behalf was supposed to reach a conclusion today but still has not. Upon calling today to check in on it they said it will take up to 30 days. I’m afraid that we will get our interview by then and my wife (immigrant) won’t be insured and we will get denied because of the public charge rule. This is so frustrating. Please tell me we aren’t on the brink of getting a letter for an interview soon... Thanks, and I will update when I have more info to give. 

You will definitely have an interview.  

I spoke to 3 different attorneys about health insurance and alot of their clients got approved with no health insurance OR really bad insurance. (one lady recently got laid off with no insurance and she still passed!) 

They all recommended that we include  a letter explaining when we will be getting the insurance.

* I also included exactly which plan I will be getting (brochure/quote)  and that I'm planning on upgrading to PPO by next year (quote that I received) . 

So if you are worried, just explain to them if they ask. Be honest and tell them that your wife will be enrolled very soon. (if you can bring email or anything from the insurance company mentioning about wrongful termination, that might also help)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Anyone still waiting for biometrics? 

AOS

08/25/2020 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using USPS                                         11/06/2020 - Received physical receipt notice for I-765 in the mail

08/28/2020 - Package was received by USCIS                                                                                                   12/15/2020 - Online account updated and indicated the I-944 RFIE was sent

09/25/2020 - Debit Card was charged by USCIS                                                                                                 12/28/2020 - Recieved the I-944 RFIE via e-mail after speaking with a tier 2 officer

09/29/2020 - Recieved text notifications from USCIS with reciept numbers                                                  1/11/2021 - Responded to the RFIE and sent the I-944 to USCIS 

10/01/2020 - Recieved rejected I-765 back                                                                                                           3/3/2021 - Biometrics scheduled for 03/29

10/05/2020 - Recieved physical reciept notices in the mail

10/06/2020 - Sent I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using UPS

10/09/2020 - Package was recieved by USCIS

10/30/2020 - Recieved text notication from USCIS with reciept number for I-765

I have my biometrics in a couple of days! It looks like they take fingerprints and a photo? What is the photo used for? I'm asking because I'm trying to decide if this is a makeup situation or not (super annoying with a mask on). I'm willing to deal with the makeup stuff if it's going to be on my green card for the next 10 years, but if it's for security purposes and I won't ever see it again, then I might go without makeup...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
43 minutes ago, werrerr said:

I have my biometrics in a couple of days! It looks like they take fingerprints and a photo? What is the photo used for? I'm asking because I'm trying to decide if this is a makeup situation or not (super annoying with a mask on). I'm willing to deal with the makeup stuff if it's going to be on my green card for the next 10 years, but if it's for security purposes and I won't ever see it again, then I might go without makeup...

I definitely appreciate the make-up vs no make-up! I have a horrible federal government picture that I'm stuck with ....now when any pictures are involved I just wear make-up and do my hair LOL

2 hours ago, mbssss said:

Anyone still waiting for biometrics? 

Not exactly but I am waiting for my daughters biometrics to be applied to her case. They say they are there but it hasn't been updated in the system. Mine wasn't either until I complained and then two days later my EAD was approved. I am worried there's something wrong but they just brush me off.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Chad&Thalia said:

Yep, still waiting on Bio...

Glad i'm not the only one! Although I hope you get it soon

AOS

08/25/2020 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using USPS                                         11/06/2020 - Received physical receipt notice for I-765 in the mail

08/28/2020 - Package was received by USCIS                                                                                                   12/15/2020 - Online account updated and indicated the I-944 RFIE was sent

09/25/2020 - Debit Card was charged by USCIS                                                                                                 12/28/2020 - Recieved the I-944 RFIE via e-mail after speaking with a tier 2 officer

09/29/2020 - Recieved text notifications from USCIS with reciept numbers                                                  1/11/2021 - Responded to the RFIE and sent the I-944 to USCIS 

10/01/2020 - Recieved rejected I-765 back                                                                                                           3/3/2021 - Biometrics scheduled for 03/29

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Cilllah said:

Not exactly but I am waiting for my daughters biometrics to be applied to her case. They say they are there but it hasn't been updated in the system. Mine wasn't either until I complained and then two days later my EAD was approved. I am worried there's something wrong but they just brush me off.

Really? So her online status hasn't updated or anything? I don't understand how it takes that long for them to update that in the system but I guess i'm not too surprised anymore by all these delays!

AOS

2 minutes ago, mbssss said:

Really? So her online status hasn't updated or anything? I don't understand how it takes that long for them to update that in the system but I guess i'm not too surprised anymore by all these delays!

It has not and we did biometrics in September. Hers said case received and now that they have her RFIE but that's it. No mentions of biometrics like mine even though she did the prints and photo too. I had a worker tell me her biometrics weren't linked yet and two tell me they are in the system and to be patient.. Like I don't know what to believe lol. I really want her SSN! Plus I am worried if something is wrong it will hold up our interview?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.