Sarge2155

August 2020 - AOS Filers

2,327 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, mogiftney said:

Personally, I have not heard of this extension. Are you planning on doing this form yourself? If so, don’t hesitate to ask here for advice. There’s an example I-944 on visajourney under guides, then example immigration forms. 

I wish I am doing I944 by myself. Unfortunately I'm doing it through my attorney and he's not helping me at all. I regret hiring him. But for now I need to figure out if my documents will get there on time...since my attorney won't send it until February 3rd or so (due date is Feb 11th). 

Thank you for the reply!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
11 minutes ago, goodsoohe5919 said:

I wish I am doing I944 by myself. Unfortunately I'm doing it through my attorney and he's not helping me at all. I regret hiring him. But for now I need to figure out if my documents will get there on time...since my attorney won't send it until February 3rd or so (due date is Feb 11th). 

Thank you for the reply!!

This sounds like one heck of a situation to be stuck in. I haven’t heard of any extensions myself, has anyone else here heard of that? 

"Well, I Was Sleeping, Y'Know, And My Mother, Who Passed When I Was Very Young, Y'Know, She Appeared In A Dream, Y'Know, And She Told Me, Y'Know, Very Gently To Just Let It Be, And So The Next Morning I Went Right Over To The Piano, Y'Know, And I Began To, Y'Know, Write The Song, Y'Know"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 12/18/2020 at 8:49 AM, Rita Kosh said:

In the same boat. 

I only got an I-693 courtesy letter this week. 

No biometrics yet.

ASC is Charleston, SC

Same i693 the first week of November and then nothing... asc Charleston too.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
3 hours ago, goodsoohe5919 said:

I'm having a rough start of 2021.. 

We receive I944 (both parents) on Nov 17 2020. We have 87 days to submit everything and my attorney just went on a vacation without telling me. We won't be back until Feb 1st. (my due date is Feb 11th). 

He did briefly told me we got extra 1 month extension to respond to our I944 due to covid? I looked it up and can't find this information. He's not responding to me since yesterday... 

Did anyone hear about this covid related I944 extension? ? where can I find this info?

you can have a look at https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-extends-flexibility-for-responding-to-agency-requests-1#:~:text=In response to the coronavirus,Request Evidence (N-14)%3B

I am working on i944 too, i got RFE last month

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
22 hours ago, HRQX said:

Wow, congrats!

Did she still go to SSA today or did she receive SSN in the mail before the appointment slot?

Thanks @HRQX! Yes she did and the lady told us she would have to wait 2-4 weeks because there were going to verify everything with DHS. We didn't check the mail the day before, but the SSN was in there! I'm happy and grateful that everything worked out! :)

On 1/9/2021 at 1:27 PM, Jimmy Lee said:

Thank you. This link was very useful 😊

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Just received RFE for I-944 and foreign birth certificate (though we did include this? Gonna send an original this time as we have extra). I was so hoping this I-944 thing would just disappear. It worries me as my husband was out of work for years due to a mental illness, but he was just cleared by his doctor in the UK to go back to work as he has made so much progress in recovery right before he came to visit in March and subsequently got stuck here.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

For those of you who have filled out the 944, when it asks for you additional income for the most recent  tax year, are they reffering to the current tax year i.e. 2021 or the last tax year, 2020, that we will be filing taxes for? 

Edited by mbssss

AOS

08/25/2020 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using USPS                                         11/06/2020 - Received physical receipt notice for I-765 in the mail

08/28/2020 - Package was received by USCIS                                                                                                   12/15/2020 - Online account updated and indicated the I-944 RFIE was sent

09/25/2020 - Debit Card was charged by USCIS                                                                                                 12/28/2020 - Recieved the I-944 RFIE via e-mail after speaking with a tier 2 officer

09/29/2020 - Recieved text notifications from USCIS with reciept numbers                                                  1/11/2021 - Responded to the RFIE and sent the I-944 to USCIS 

10/01/2020 - Recieved rejected I-765 back                                                                                                           3/3/2021 - Biometrics scheduled for 03/29

10/05/2020 - Recieved physical reciept notices in the mail

10/06/2020 - Sent I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using UPS

10/09/2020 - Package was recieved by USCIS

10/30/2020 - Recieved text notication from USCIS with reciept number for I-765

8 minutes ago, mbssss said:

For those of you who have filled out the 944, when it asks for you additional income for the most recent  tax year, are they reffering to the current tax year i.e. 2021 or the last tax year, 2020, that we will be filing taxes for? 

Per USCIS I-944 instructions:

If you are filing Form I-944 between January 1 and April 15 of any year, and you and/or your household members have not yet filed the current year’s federal income tax return, submit IRS transcripts for the most recent tax year. At the time of interview on your application, an officer may request the tax return transcripts for the current tax year.

So, if you are filing before Apr 15th, 2021 and don't have the transcript for financial year FY 2020 yet (which is likely going to be the case looking at the backlog IRS has). You can submit 2019 transcript and bring 2020 copy during the interview.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Geekosnap said:

Per USCIS I-944 instructions:

So, if you are filing before Apr 15th, 2021 and don't have the transcript for financial year FY 2020 yet (which is likely going to be the case looking at the backlog IRS has). You can submit 2019 transcript and bring 2020 copy during the interview.

Got it. So this would still apply to the additional income section then? I received a grant when I was a student last year and I have no idea if I am supposed to include it or not since i will not recieve it this year.

AOS

08/25/2020 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using USPS                                         11/06/2020 - Received physical receipt notice for I-765 in the mail

08/28/2020 - Package was received by USCIS                                                                                                   12/15/2020 - Online account updated and indicated the I-944 RFIE was sent

09/25/2020 - Debit Card was charged by USCIS                                                                                                 12/28/2020 - Recieved the I-944 RFIE via e-mail after speaking with a tier 2 officer

09/29/2020 - Recieved text notifications from USCIS with reciept numbers                                                  1/11/2021 - Responded to the RFIE and sent the I-944 to USCIS 

10/01/2020 - Recieved rejected I-765 back                                                                                                           3/3/2021 - Biometrics scheduled for 03/29

Timeline
8 minutes ago, HRQX said:

2021 taxes are not filed until early 2022.

The current tax season is for 2020 taxes. If you haven't yet filed 2020 taxes then it's asking about 2019 taxes.

Yes, I understand that. I’m referring to the section that asks about the additional income that is not included on the tax return.  But I assume that they are still asking for last years additional income I.e. 2020 but some people are saying different things so I wanted to ask. It’s a little bit confusing.

AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.