Sarge2155

August 2020 - AOS Filers

2,327 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Finally our status was updated to fingerprints taken (form 765 work authorization) My husband came to US on a K1 visa, so I wasn’t sure if they would use the fingerprints for the K1 or if he was required to go to a biometric appointment for his work permit. Now I know ;) 

I have had so much going on that I haven't had time to finish up the I-944 RFIE but I am basically done now and should have them both ready to be sent back by the end of this week. Paperwork is tiring lol.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I'm so jealous that so many of you got biometrics already. Still waiting here and I'm moving this week so that will probably delay it even more :(

AOS

08/25/2020 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using USPS                                         11/06/2020 - Received physical receipt notice for I-765 in the mail

08/28/2020 - Package was received by USCIS                                                                                                   12/15/2020 - Online account updated and indicated the I-944 RFIE was sent

09/25/2020 - Debit Card was charged by USCIS                                                                                                 12/28/2020 - Recieved the I-944 RFIE via e-mail after speaking with a tier 2 officer

09/29/2020 - Recieved text notifications from USCIS with reciept numbers                                                  1/11/2021 - Responded to the RFIE and sent the I-944 to USCIS 

10/01/2020 - Recieved rejected I-765 back                                                                                                           3/3/2021 - Biometrics scheduled for 03/29

10/05/2020 - Recieved physical reciept notices in the mail

10/06/2020 - Sent I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using UPS

10/09/2020 - Package was recieved by USCIS

10/30/2020 - Recieved text notication from USCIS with reciept number for I-765

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all,

I wanted to post about my experience trying to go early for a biometrics appointment at the Atlanta Center. 

I was *not* successful. 

I had an appointment set for later in Dec, and informed them I would be out of town so please can I do biometrics today. 

I don’t know if early walk ins were possible for Atlanta biometrics before, but it seems with covid there is no chance. Especially as the biometrics letter came with an additional covid letter, that specifically said “only show up on your scheduled date and time”. 

The security guy I spoke to did at least tell me that if I’m out of town on the date of my biometrics, I can go to the nearest service center on the date and time of my appointment. 

Another VJ user with a similar timeline to mine also tried to do early walk in today and was given the same response. 

Sorry I couldn’t bring better news! Best of luck with your immigration journeys 🙂 

That's  to bad before the pandemic people used to routinely do it.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

12 hours ago, mbssss said:

I'm so jealous that so many of you got biometrics already. Still waiting here and I'm moving this week so that will probably delay it even more :(

Same situation though I am not moving!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, Toby_HB said:

so the the total time from her first bio appointment to EAD in your hands was like 2 months?

Her first bio for I-765 was Oct. 30, so that's like a month and 2 weeks.

On 10/15/2020 at 11:37 AM, nbmtc said:

Ok I see. I submitted our tax docs but we file jointly as well so not sure how that will play out. No updates yet on my end.

Any updates on your end? If I'm not mistaking, we are both DACA filers right? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

The Eagle Ban Hammer has landed

2 posts removed for tos violations

2 posts removed for quoting those posts.

Draconian admin action has been taken
Lo3Taj.gif

Edited by Ban Hammer

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 12/10/2020 at 5:28 PM, KarenSeed said:

Any updates on your end? If I'm not mistaking, we are both DACA filers right? 

Received RFIE for I-944 did you? Yes! 

7 minutes ago, Carolina G said:

Hi it looks like I joined the biometrics club. 8/20 PD however it is just for the I-765 which I am very happy for. I wish my I-485 was included. Has anyone had this experience? 

Congrats! I’m also waiting - New York filer too. Hopefully I’ll get something soon as well. May I ask, did you escalate with a tier 2? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.