dwheels76

Case Complete (DQ) to Interview September 2020

611 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Louis61404 said:

Has Argentina given out a visa appointment?  It seems they have just opened for passport services for US citizens - not visas.

However, their website definitely doesn't have the standard "all visa appointments are cancelled, we are unable to give a date of reopening at this time" blah blah blah - so that may be good news.  But I haven't seen anyone here or on Facebook report a visa interview there yet.

Someone in Argentina just got interview on Thurs and approved.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
1 hour ago, Louis61404 said:

That's great news - any idea if it was an expedite or emergency interview?

It's not expedite nor emergency. The applicant got notice in early July for late July interview.

7 hours ago, Binbin22 said:

Wow congratulations 🎊🎈🍾🎉.. it shall be well.. am rooting for u.. God blessings to u and ur family 

thank you! She has her interview this coming Tuesday August 4th!

10 hours ago, Mary1980 said:

My husband's case is in the nvc in ciudad Juárez, everything is been completed, last notice I received was on July 12th 2019 saying that they would schedule his interview up to today 7/31/20 we haven't received any update. We still waiting on his interview to be scheduled. Do you know how much more will take ?.

I am a USA citizen .....

Unless you ask for an Expedite you should expect for your case to be at NVC for a while. I know someone from ciudad Juarez that got an Email basically saying to not expect anything until next year 2021. If you believe your husband qualifies for an Expedited interview I would go ahead and request one.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Louis61404 said:

Has Argentina given out a visa appointment?  It seems they have just opened for passport services for US citizens - not visas.

However, their website definitely doesn't have the standard "all visa appointments are cancelled, we are unable to give a date of reopening at this time" blah blah blah - so that may be good news.  But I haven't seen anyone here or on Facebook report a visa interview there yet.

You are right, it could only mean certain services. I just saw on their twitter that they are doing "consular services" and when someone asked about calling the embassy, they responded saying their open. On the front page of VisaJourney I saw a couple who got their visa approved recently also. I could be totally wrong though! 

2 hours ago, Mary1980 said:

No I did not

I received an email from NVC stating USCIS has notify them of my husbands I601A, which we submitted 15 mths ago :/ .

they won’t process his interview since they are waiting adjudication of the waiver. But I wanted to know how long after they are notify does the USCIS approve or denied the waiver.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 hours ago, Ncornejo7 said:

Unless you ask for an Expedite you should expect for your case to be at NVC for a while. I know someone from ciudad Juarez that got an Email basically saying to not expect anything until next year 2021. If you believe your husband qualifies for an Expedited interview I would go ahead and request one.

I would need to see if he qualifies for it.

Question. In case we try an expedite and he gets denied it will affect the regular case ?

5 hours ago, HillJor said:

You are right, it could only mean certain services. I just saw on their twitter that they are doing "consular services" and when someone asked about calling the embassy, they responded saying their open. On the front page of VisaJourney I saw a couple who got their visa approved recently also. I could be totally wrong though! 

From the other posters - I think you're right!  The previous person responded it wasn't an expedite or emergency appointment.  So, that's great news!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, Mary1980 said:

I would need to see if he qualifies for it.

Question. In case we try an expedite and he gets denied it will affect the regular case ?

Don’t worry, your case wouldn't be affected if the expedite doesn’t work.

We tried to expedite back in August 2019 (our DQ was May 15, 2019) but we were denied and it didn’t affect us, our case followed the regular waiting time for Ciudad Juarez (11-12 months like @Juliet57 said) and we had our interview originally scheduled for April 19, 2020 but it was cancelled due to the pandemic. We are still waiting for a new date. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
23 hours ago, aus2tx said:

Super curious, but why are these topics dated a month ahead? We're going into August, but you always title it for the month after.

They are titled ahead because that's how they schedule under normal circumstances. If all embassies were scheduling that last week of July they would have been scheduling for September so we are in August getting scheduled for September.Most  embassies usually complete filling their month by ens of 1st or 2nd week.

So just keeping it as usual to keep the flow since no Embassy is doing regular scheduling.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline
19 hours ago, Mary1980 said:

My husband's case is in the nvc in ciudad Juárez, everything is been completed, last notice I received was on July 12th 2019 saying that they would schedule his interview up to today 7/31/20 we haven't received any update. We still waiting on his interview to be scheduled. Do you know how much more will take ?.

I am a USA citizen .....

If you are a F2A you have to wait until the Ban is lifted. Did you request and get approved for an approval? If not your case is still at NVC.
And Mexico is reporting one of the highest cases of COVID I doubt embassy opening anytime soon Also before COVID the waiting was 9  to 12 months for an interview like poor Montreal.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline
12 hours ago, Daria Parkinson said:

You guys, has there ever been a case, where the spousal visa was rejected at the stage of interview??

You mean denied. Of course people get denied everyday. That's the whole purpose of the interview to see if one merits a visa approval or not.

Just search this site you will see many denials for various reason.

ROC I-751

N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.