dwheels76

Case Complete (DQ) to Interview September 2020

611 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
17 hours ago, Katelyn_Wray said:

What do you mean by the NVC is closed? I did a google search and couldn't find anything - maybe you have some insider knowledge we need to know?

No NVC of course isn't closed . They are the ones who scheduling all regular interviews. And majority of all embassies aren't doing regular scheduling yet so petitions are all on hold. Just like K1's they aren't sending those either to the embassies. There's a serious logjam happening.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline
11 hours ago, Bee91 said:

Just received the interview appointment for my spouse at the Seoul Embassy. September 25th. 🥳 

Congratulations I updated you. The countdown begins.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

4 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

Many people have approved expedites but the embassy is not fully up to accept them so they are in the expedite line. Some embassy have been doing expedites since March never really closed. So you can;t compare embassies. What phase is your embassy on?

Our embassy recently resumed services at the end of July and is currently rescheduling the cancelled IR1/CR1 interviews from April. It has accepted expedites in June as well but no interview was taken. Thing is compared to other embassies, embassy in Dhaka is not taking interviews of the expedite cases and not letting them schedule their interviews also. I spoke with some applicants/petitioners who are waiting since June after having their expedited approved and having the case status "ready" but when they contacted embassy to schedule interviews they were told to wait till the embassy contact them. So it's not really helping with the expedite approval but at least all of them had their case sent and status changed within a week of the approval. My case is still not sent so I was wondering if this is happening with anyone else right now or just my bad luck :(

Timeline
2 hours ago, Daron and Honey said:

Message from the Bangkok Embassy below.

Also,  I am still waiting response from NVC to confirm.

The Bangkok Embassy is open for interviews as stated on their website.  

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your inquiry.  

Per our records, we currently do not have your case at our office.  You can use your case number to track your case status online at https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

We have tracked your case using your provided case number; and the system shows, as of today, the case is still “AT NVC”.

Currently, all routine immigrant visa services are suspended until further notice.  Once we are able to resume operation, you will receive a new interview date by email from the NVC.  

Thank you for your patience during this time.

Regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Until your CEAC status says READY the embassy does not have it. So call NVC and see if they know when ur embassy may start accepting petitions.

ROC I-751

N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
50 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

Many people have approved expedites but the embassy is not fully up to accept them so they are in the expedite line. Some embassy have been doing expedites since March never really closed. So you can;t compare embassies. What phase is your embassy on?

How does one find out which phase the embassy is at? In Brazil they are super vague with their statements online.

Filed: Timeline
On 8/24/2020 at 6:21 PM, dwheels76 said:

Petitioner has to upload divorce copies yes at NVC. Originals for petitioner not needed at interview.

Unfortunately, we needed the originals. I am the petitioner and they asked for the original of previous marriage termination. Luckily, they didn't ask for all previous marriages termination. I was lucky that it came to me that I need to send this original to my husband. the paper cam a few days before the interview.

Timeline
On 8/26/2020 at 12:53 PM, Hilde said:

How does one find out which phase the embassy is at? In Brazil they are super vague with their statements online.

Many have found out through twitter or Facebook. All embassies have accounts. Look for them they may have more information then the embassy website.

ROC I-751

N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 8/26/2020 at 10:35 AM, dwheels76 said:

Until your CEAC status says READY the embassy does not have it. So call NVC and see if they know when ur embassy may start accepting petitions.

This really is not making any sense at all.  From what I understand is that Trump has allowed family based immigration to continue, and is stated on the US embassy in Bangkok website.  But, the NVC is saying that routine immigration is suspended until further notice, which seems to be including family based immigration.  But then I see other peoples post here that they are getting interviews.  Well mayb sometime this year we will get ours. 🙂

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
16 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

Many have found out through twitter or Facebook. All embassies have accounts. Look for them they may have more information then the embassy website.

Sadly, Brazil hasn´t disclosed this information on social media. And thus far hasn´t responded to any social media questions. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
On 8/26/2020 at 7:52 PM, AllaR said:

Unfortunately, we needed the originals. I am the petitioner and they asked for the original of previous marriage termination. Luckily, they didn't ask for all previous marriages termination. I was lucky that it came to me that I need to send this original to my husband. the paper cam a few days before the interview.

for my Embassy they specifically want originals for Beneficiary AND Petitioner 

I didn't get a chance to update since interview ...

My ir1 was approved and for my son's ir2, we received a 221g consulate need additional document. Submitted via ceac and been 3 weeks and waiting. 

Can anyone advise on how this works?

Do we need to submit document via courier also? We were told to submit via ceac but 221g is kind of confusing to me. I tried emailing consulate but no response after 2 weeks.

Thanks

Edited by PSB

9 hours ago, PSB said:

I didn't get a chance to update since interview ...

My ir1 was approved and for my son's ir2, we received a 221g consulate need additional document. Submitted via ceac and been 3 weeks and waiting. 

Can anyone advise on how this works?

Do we need to submit document via courier also? We were told to submit via ceac but 221g is kind of confusing to me. I tried emailing consulate but no response after 2 weeks.

Thanks

It may depend on the document - what did they ask for, for your son?

6 hours ago, Louis61404 said:

It may depend on the document - what did they ask for, for your son?

C.o. asked for the i864w that was previously submitted and approved by nvc. She said she could not see it on ceac on the day of the interview. I also showed her the original copy I had.

After interview when I checked, it was right there!🤷‍♀️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.