theatxbombayguy

Aug 2020 I-751 Filers (merged)

681 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, US <3 IND said:

It's not required, USCIS only have it on their website as recommended. Not everyone does it because it would be tedious to do by hand on every page.

Some filers have bought a custom stamp to do this quickly.

I put scans of all my evidence into a Word file, and used margins to copy the number on all my pages. Word also allows you to add page numbers and a table of contents.

I remember seeing it for AOS but I didn't know if it was recommended for ROC....

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
14 minutes ago, janet3 said:

I remember seeing it for AOS but I didn't know if it was recommended for ROC....

Actually it's in the general section for applying any form 🙂

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-information/form-filing-tips

4 minutes ago, US <3 IND said:

Actually it's in the general section for applying any form 🙂

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-information/form-filing-tips

If I have my own stamp, will this count as having altered the document ? And adding page numbers? 

I did include in my cover letter that all documents are unaltered

I-751 --> Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (September 2020) - MM/DD/YYYY

• 09/11/2020 First of 90-day window
  • 09/14/2020 : Sent to USCIS Arizona Lockbox by UPS
  • 09/15/2020 : Arrived at Arizona Lockbox
  • 09/23/2020 : Receipt Msg, Service center: EAC
  • 09/25/2020 : NOA Received, dated 09/18/2020
  • 10/03/2020 : Biometrics waived. Fingerprints from previous petition are applied
  • 04/25/2021 : New Card Is Being Produced

N-400 --> Citizenship application (September 2021) - MM/DD/YYYY

• 09/11/2021 First of 90-day window

Timeline

OK....I am going to ask a couple of heavy hitters (mods) to chime in.......hello @geowrian @Lucky Cat Help please. Did you add the A number to every document you turned in for RoC? 

10 minutes ago, janet3 said:

OK....I am going to ask a couple of heavy hitters (mods) to chime in.......hello @geowrian @Lucky Cat Help please. Did you add the A number to every document you turned in for RoC? 

We're organizers, not mods. :)

We did not put the A-number on every page or every document. The way I interpreted it in the filing tips is when you are including attachments to the I-751 itself. Like attachments for explanations of something on the I-751, attachments for information that didn't fit on the I-751 (although nowadays they want you to just make copies of the last page instead), etc. I do not interpret it as referring to documentation that goes along with the I-751 (like bona fide marriage evidence).

No harm providing it. I'm sure it may help somebody if they lose track of the papers or order of the papers. But by no means is it needed, and I didn't do it for any previous forms and had no issue.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, geowrian said:

The way I interpreted it in the filing tips is when you are including attachments to the I-751 itself.

This makes sense since the paragraph refers to 'attachments' while other paragraphs refer to 'supporting documentation' (screenshot below). It's just weird that it is included under a bullet point called 'Supporting documentation:'

As you say it could be a relic from an older time. 

VJ applicants aren't reporting RFEs for either including this or not, so I wouldn't sweat it either way.

I didn't put it in my K1 petition, and I did put it in my AOS. Both were fine 🤗

2 hours ago, frank19910210 said:

If I have my own stamp, will this count as having altered the document ? And adding page numbers? 

I did include in my cover letter that all documents are unaltered

Actually I remember I wrote the same in my AOS cover letter that my documents were unaltered, and I included the name, A-number, and form number on every page. So knock yourself out I guess 😊

Screenshot_20200805-003510_Gallery.jpg

Edited by US <3 IND

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I didn’t put my A number on any of the attached documents. It’s included in my cover letter and on the application itself wherever it’s asked for specifically.

Mailed it out yesterday and fingers crossed there are no issues! 

Will update my timeline accordingly :)

Good luck everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, DFG said:

I didn’t put my A number on any of the attached documents. It’s included in my cover letter and on the application itself wherever it’s asked for specifically.

Mailed it out yesterday and fingers crossed there are no issues! 

Will update my timeline accordingly :)

Good luck everyone!

Sent mine out yesterday, too! 

Hoping for no RFEs and quick adjudications for all!!! 

Timeline
22 hours ago, geowrian said:

We're organizers, not mods. :)

We did not put the A-number on every page or every document. The way I interpreted it in the filing tips is when you are including attachments to the I-751 itself. Like attachments for explanations of something on the I-751, attachments for information that didn't fit on the I-751 (although nowadays they want you to just make copies of the last page instead), etc. I do not interpret it as referring to documentation that goes along with the I-751 (like bona fide marriage evidence).

No harm providing it. I'm sure it may help somebody if they lose track of the papers or order of the papers. But by no means is it needed, and I didn't do it for any previous forms and had no issue.

Sorry....organizer....(apparently I jumped the gun a bit) 😊 My stressed brain isn't functioning very well.....

But I truly appreciate your response! Thank you so much for your reply. 

6 minutes ago, HRQX said:

If you don't know it then leave it blank. After filing the application they might send you a "USCIS Account Access Notice"

account_access_notice.JPG

thanks for the prompt response! 🙂

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 7/29/2020 at 2:56 PM, theatxbombayguy said:

Hi All, Starting a thread for Aug 2020 I-751 Filers. I sent my package in today, but I doubt USCIS will receive, accept and process my documentation before early next week.

Let the discussions/emotions/arguments/debates/consolations begin

See my signature for my timeline, and fire away...

5 business days in (package delivered on Saturday Aug 1). No check deposited, no NOA.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

N400--> Naturalization: 80 days (Jul 21 - Oct 21) - Timeline

Spoiler

Oct 21 - (10/21) - N400 Approved. Oath Ceremony Scheduled - notice available online

Sep 21 - (09/15) - eNOA - Interview scheduled on Oct 21 @1:15pm

Jul 21 - (07/30) - eNOA received for Biometrics reuse and application acceptance, (07/29) - Online N400 application done🤞🏽 (paid using CC)

I-751--> Removal of Conditions: 100 days (Aug 20 - Nov 20)

Spoiler

Nov 20 - (11/12) - Permanent GC delivered!! Woohooo, (11/09) - Received Paper NOA Approval Notice :dance: :dancing: (Online status - Card being processed)

Oct 20 - (10/26) - Case Transferred to NBC (Notice mentioned to speed up processing)  :unsure:, (10/02) - Existing Fingerprints applied to case.
Aug 20 - (08/22) - Paper NOA in mail (extension letter), (08/11) - eNOA received over text - SRCXXXXXXXXXX, Check Cashed., (08/01) - ROC Package Received (Dallas PO Box)

Jul 20 - (07/29) - Sent ROC Package via USPS 🤞🏽

I-90 --> GC Replacement (Erroneous GC): 6 months (Oct 18 - Mar 19)

Spoiler

Mar 19 - (03/15) Final GC in Mail! Whewwwwwww 🙏🏽 🕺🏽

Mar 19 - (03/12) eNOA Corrected GC being produced, (03/05) e-Submitted I-551 scans with cover letter explaining situation, (02/22) RFE for Original GC

Nov 18 - (11/19) I-551 Stamp done with 12 month date stamp - Returned OG GC, was told by VO told to expect RFE for OG GC 🍾, (11/16) Biometrics done @ASC in Austin, told to keep GC, (11/2) Scheduled infopass (for I-551 stamping - needed to travel) :idea:

Oct 18 - (10/27) Biometrics Scheduled, (10/18) File I-90 Online, (10/18) GC Arrives with Incorrect DOB (Swapped last digit of Date with Only digit Month) 🤦‍♂️

H-1B --> AOS: 15 Months (Jul 17 - Oct 18) - Interview Experience HERE

Spoiler

Oct 18 - (10/18) Card in Mail visa USPS package delivery! Relieved…🙇🏽‍♂️ 🤷🏽‍♂️, (10/11) In-person interview - Approved! 🎉

Sep 18 - (9/8) I-485 eNOA: Interview scheduled for Oct 11

Aug 18 - (8/31) I-485 eNOA: Interview Scheduled, (8/24) EAD/AP received in mail, (8/16) Notification on Producing New Card, (8/7) I-485 eNOA: Testing and Interview, (8/2) Courtesy Letter for i-693 not submitted finally

Feb 18 - (2/28) Completed Walkin Biometrics, (2/27) Paper NOAs in mail and Biometrics Appt Letter, (2/17) e-NOAs at Midnight, (2/16)Checks Cashed (No e-NOA), (2/7)AOS Package Received, AOS Package via Fedex (I-130,I-485,I-765,I-131)

Jul 17 - Legally Married  👩‍❤️‍👨

F-1 --> H-1B: 3 Yrs (Aug 2011- Oct 2014)

Spoiler

Oct 14 - Changed status to H-1B

Aug 11 - Arrived as F-1 Student

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hello All,

I am planning on sending my package next week. I have been following this group and following all the posts. You all are very helpful in giving your opinions and insights. Thanks a lot. I have been trying to muster up all the evidence I can to submit along with the I-751.

I am not sure if I have enough evidence to send the package to the USCIS, I am wondering if you guys can give me your honest opinions on what you think of the quality of evidences I have, I would really appreciate it. :)

1.      Personal Check for $680 ($595 Filing Fee + $85 Biometric Services Fee) made out to U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

2.      Form G-1145, E-Notification Application/ Petition Acceptance.

3.      Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.

a.       Copy of Petitioner’s Permanent Resident Card (Front and Back)

b.      Evidence establishing the continual marital union between the conditional resident and the U.S. Citizen Spouse:

i.      Copy of Certified Marriage License issued by State of Michigan.

ii.      Copy of Birth certificate of the child born to the marriage.

iii.      Copy of Screenshots from the U.S. Citizen spouse’s first Child’s (Conditional Resident’s Step child) school pages showing conditional resident as an emergency contact and as a parent in house hold data verification form.

iv.      Copy of the registration email showing Conditional Resident registering Step Child (U.S. Citizen’s first child) for soccer league through I9 Sports.

v.      Copy of MESP Savings account details which were opened by Conditional Resident for kids in the family (both biological and step child).

vi.      Copy of documents proving Joint ownership of the primary residence (Quit Claim deed, Property transfer affidavit showing both spouses names, Record from the City of Farmington Hills).

vii.      Copy of Joint Property Insurance through Progressive Home Advantage.

viii.      Copies of Joint IRS tax returns and W-2’s for 2018 and 2019.

ix.      Copy of U.S. Citizen Spouse’s Voter ID card showing the common residence address.

x.      Copy of Driver’s License(s) showing same residential address for both spouses.

xi.      Copy of Joint car insurance policy and ID cards.

xii.      Copy of DTE Energy utility bill showing both spouses names with same residential address.

xiii.      Copy of Joint Vehicle registration with same residential address.

xiv.      Copy of Conditional Resident’s Indian Passport Bio pages showing U.S. Citizen Spouse being listed as Spouse.

xv.      Copies of Joint bank statements selected one for every Quarter, starting from the most recent to the month conditional residency is approved.

xvi.      Copy of Joint mobile phone bill statements throughout most of the period of conditional residency.

xvii.      Copy of Conditional resident’s life insurance policy showing the U.S. Citizen spouse as a beneficiary.

xviii.      Copies of Medical, Dental and Vision insurance policies through the U.S. Citizen spouse’s employment showing the Conditional resident as one of the beneficiaries.

xix.      Copies of Medical insurance ID cards and prescription cards and EOB’s.

xx.      Copy of Conditional resident’s 401K policy showing the U.S. Citizen spouse as beneficiary.

xxi.      Copy of U.S. Citizen Spouse’s 401a and 403b showing the Conditional Resident as beneficiary.

xxii.      Copy of letter of affidavit of support by Conditional Resident’s Mother-in-law (U.S. Citizen Spouses’ mother).

xxiii.      Copy of letter of affidavit of support by Conditional Resident’s Father-in-law (U.S. Citizen Spouses’ Father).

xxiv.      Copies of the gift check and gift letter for house down payment by Conditional Resident’s Father-in-law (U.S. Citizen Spouses’ Father).

xxv.      Copy of Letter addressed to the U.S. Citizen spouse from her cousin Emily, mentioning the relationship between Conditional Resident and the U.S. Citizen Spouse.

xxvi.      Copies of Costco.Com order receipts & Bonvera.com receipt showing both the Conditional resident and U.S. Citizen Spouse names on various purchases.

xxvii.      Copy of Detroit Zoo wild lights admission tickets for the whole family (3 Tickets included).

xxviii.      Copy of the tickets purchased by U.S. Citizen Spouse and the conditional resident for Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

xxix.      Copies of Costco membership cards and Costco Citi credit cards issued to Conditional resident and the U.S. Citizen spouse with the same account number.

xxx.      Copies of credit cards of the Conditional Resident and U.S. Citizen spouse as authorized user.

xxxi.      Copy of the hotel reservation for Bavarian Inn of Frankenmuth for both the spouses for a weekend getaway.

xxxii.      Copies of the greeting cards given to Conditional Resident by U.S. Citizen Spouse and other relatives.

xxxiii.      Various photographs proving the continual relationship between Conditional Resident and the U.S. Citizen Spouse and other family members.

Edited by Balaji_v
Duplicated files

Removal of Conditions:

08/20/2020 (Day 0)   --- Sent the ROC package to Phoenix, Arizona lockbox through USPS
08/22/2020 (Day 2)   --- Confirmation from USPS that USCIS received the packet.

08/28/2020 (Day 😎  --- NOA1 notification through email and text for the ROC.

09/02/2020 (Day 13) --- Received I-797, 18 month extension letter with notice date as 08/27/2020. 😇

10/17/2020 (Day 58) --- Received Biometrics notification through email and text that finger prints were applied from AOS stage.😁

06/11/2021 (Day 295) --- New Card is produced :dance:

Naturalization & US passport:

07/26/2021 (Day 1) --- Applied the form N-400 online and got the receipt notice.

07/28/2021 (Day 3) --- Received Biometrics notification in USCIS online account that finger prints were reused.😁

12/20/2021 (Day 148) --- Received online notification that Interview is scheduled for 01/27/2022 at Detroit USCIS Field Office.:dance:

01/27/2022 (Day 186)   --- Interview was successful but not given out right approval due to A-file not being available.

04/07/2022 (Day 256) --- Received notification that I am in line for Oath ceremony and it will be scheduled :dance:

04/11/2022 (Day 260)   --- Received notification that Oath ceremony was scheduled and notice was mailed. :jest:

04/26/2022 (Day 275) --- Oath Ceremony.:jest: Became a US Citizen and received the Certificate of Naturalization. 🥰

05/11/2022 (Day 290) -- Applied for US passport at USPS.

05/18/2022 (Day 297) -- State Department site status says my Passport application is received and in progress and was given a locator number starting with 34.🤞

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.