theatxbombayguy

Aug 2020 I-751 Filers (merged)

681 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, janet3 said:

Okay....this is going to sound stupid.....and I realize I am WAY OVER THINKING this.....

But.....that's about the conditional resident's children correct? We do not have to include my 32 year old estranged adopted daughter in the "your children" (I'm the USC....) correct?

I know, I'm sorry.....I think stress is getting to me.....

Yes You are correct: I-751, Part 5 is for the conditional resident's children and children born into the marriage. I didn't realize you were the USC. You don't need to list your offspring from previous marriages/relationships.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
7 hours ago, US <3 IND said:

My post is taking on a life of it's own XD

It's been a long weekend, and it's easy especially with the added stress of an application to misinterpret things. But that's just why we are all here to help each other 🙂

This was a response to a question whether or not to include children in your application when they are not co-applicants.

Let'spaintcookies thought there isn't any value in adding this kind of proof here. So what I am sharing here is encouragement for any who do have kids. I think it will be less common these days, but there will still be some for whom it applies. 

To clarify, USCIS does not state which types of evidence are more valuable than others. Even the only required document they ask for is the copy of the greencard. 

However I have spoken with a few USCIS workers who handle our cases who have said that a child's birth certificate weighs a lot for them. Since I was curious if this was a widespread view in USCIS, I searched online forums for more information, and I found corroboration several times, the most recent of which was this post on visajourney in the June I-751 filers, and where I am quoting 70% from (obv. this is subjective number😞

Thank you for the explanation where the number comes from. I appreciate it. That was the only thing that irritated me since it sounded so solid in your post 😉😊

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 8/1/2020 at 9:38 AM, DFG said:

I did and I included a copy of his birth certificate as evidence of a bona fide marriage.  It asks to list all your children and also asks whether the child resides with you (yes) and if the child is applying with you (no). I like to err on the side of the caution with these forms and so to be safe, I included him. 

we are expecting our first child in Nov. and since her GC expires in Nov, when we file our package in Sept- should we just include medical forms confirming wife's pregnancy? cuz we obviously don't have children as of yet. is like a short letter from the doctor necessary? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, TonyK said:

we are expecting our first child in Nov. and since her GC expires in Nov, when we file our package in Sept- should we just include medical forms confirming wife's pregnancy? cuz we obviously don't have children as of yet. is like a short letter from the doctor necessary? 

That sounds good to me! I would probably do that if I was expecting!

14 minutes ago, TonyK said:

Yes definitely include whatever you can that shows she's expecting. Not sure if you need a letter but proof of doctor's visits, a sonogram or whatever medical papers about the pregnancy that show both your names and address are a good bet.

7 minutes ago, janet3 said:

Hi guys.....

Quick question....

Did you write the A number on the copies of your documents?

No, don't add anything to the copies. Only straight-up direct exact photocopies.

18 hours ago, Stt said:

Hey ya'll, I'm hopping on the August filers board. I sent off my packet today which should get there tomorrow morning. Now the nail- biting wait begins😬 How's everyone doing?

Yay congrats! We sent ours on Saturday and it should be delivered tomorrow. I'm already biting my nails too. Mostly concerned about getting the extension letter without any hiccups. Luckily, it seems like most people now are getting theirs within 2-4 weeks. I saw some people back in March-May had to wait almost 2 months since that was during the lock-down etc. Hope you get your extension letter quickly too!

42 minutes ago, janet3 said:

Hi guys.....

Quick question....

I bought customized stamp with my name and A number (like other VJ suggested) and punched all copies papers with the stamp 😉. I tried to follow all the instruction on USCIS web🙂

Edited by Christy&J

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

Filed: Country:
Timeline
1 hour ago, mushroomspore said:

Yay congrats! We sent ours on Saturday and it should be delivered tomorrow. I'm already biting my nails too. Mostly concerned about getting the extension letter without any hiccups. Luckily, it seems like most people now are getting theirs within 2-4 weeks. I saw some people back in March-May had to wait almost 2 months since that was during the lock-down etc. Hope you get your extension letter quickly too!

I'm really nervous abt that too especially since I sent the package late (stupid me.) Hubby was on deployment and it was just me and our 1 yr old baby so between that and work paired among covid madness, it just took way longer to put together than I originally planned. My gc expires on August 13th😬😬😖. I know it's gonna take few days to process as received but I'm praying it doesn't take more than 2 weeks to get the extension. 

37 minutes ago, Stt said:

I'm really nervous abt that too especially since I sent the package late (stupid me.) Hubby was on deployment and it was just me and our 1 yr old baby so between that and work paired among covid madness, it just took way longer to put together than I originally planned. My gc expires on August 13th😬😬😖. I know it's gonna take few days to process as received but I'm praying it doesn't take more than 2 weeks to get the extension. 

You should be fine! Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you and everyone. Good thing we all had to file now because the fees are going up soon. I can't wait to be done with naturalization so I can stop giving our money to them haha!

Filed: Country:
Timeline
2 hours ago, mushroomspore said:

You should be fine! Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you and everyone. Good thing we all had to file now because the fees are going up soon. I can't wait to be done with naturalization so I can stop giving our money to them haha!

Thank you! I really cant wait for it to be all over!! After this we're gonna have to pay the increased rates for naturalization when the time comes

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, janet3 said:

Hi guys.....

Quick question....

It's not required, USCIS only have it on their website as recommended. Not everyone does it because it would be tedious to do by hand on every page.

Some filers have bought a custom stamp to do this quickly.

I put scans of all my evidence into a Word file, and used margins to copy the number on all my pages. Word also allows you to add page numbers and a table of contents.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.